Week 5- What to Watch

The teams in Class A

Week 5- What to Watch

Postby ChickenNuggets » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:38 am

Region 1-
Oakes (2-1) @ Hillsboro/CV (2-2)

Here's a game that could have some serious playoff implications for this region. HCV has a loss to Lisbon and Kindred with this game against Oakes and one with Central Cass still looming. A loss here puts HCV in a really tough spot where they could miss out on the playoffs entirely. An Oakes win gives them the upper hand at qualifying for the playoffs as they have lost to Central Cass but still have games upcoming with Lisbon and Kindred. I'm going to go with the Tornadoes on the road in this game. Give me Oakes 35-14

Region 2-
Cavalier (2-2) @ Langdon (4-0)

There aren't a lot of great matchups this week in region 2 or 3, but I am gonna pick this game to look at because of the past rivalry factor. These two teams have played each other it seems like a hundred times. Both are very storied programs with proud teams. They'll both bring their best games against each other. With that said, I think that Langdon is the cream of the crop in Region 2 this year. I'll take the Cardinals to win 48-20

Region 3-
Bishop Ryan (2-2) at Ray/Powers Lake (2-2)
Bishop Ryan got off to a slow start, but they have been rolling lately. R/PL is coming off a loss to Stanley. I think Bishop Ryan extends their winning steak to 3 in a row. Give me the Lions 48-16.

Region 4-
Bowman County (3-1) at Shiloh Christian (4-0)

both teams have had a great start to the season with Bowman dropping a game last week to a tough killdeer team. Shiloh has been on a tear so far this year and I think they continue to put up points. I'll take the Skyhawks in this one 42-18.

BONUS- Dickinson Trinity (4-0) @ Killdeer (3-1)
With some of the other regions having lack-luster matchups, I figured I couldn't ignore Region 4 having two big games this week. Trinity has been all sorts of good to this point in the season. Killdeer has dominated in their 3 wins, but did lose a hard fought game to Shiloh. I'll take Trinity's playmakers to be the difference maker in this one. Titans win 38-22.

This week's top 10-
1- Velva
2- Kindred
3- Langdon
4- Trinity
5- Shiloh
6- Central Cass
7- Oakes
8- Killdeer
9- Des Lacs/Burlington
10- Harvey/Wells County
ChickenNuggets