Week 4- What to Watch

The teams in Class A

Week 4- What to Watch

Postby ChickenNuggets » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:33 pm

I was off on a few of the scores last week, but was 4-0 in my picks for the week. Let's see if I can carry that success over to Week 4.

Region 1-
Lisbon (3-0) vs. Central Cass (2-1)

This is looking like it could be the game of the week for Class A football. Lisbon has been playing well each and every week to roll to a 3-0 start. Central Cass only scored 7 points through the first two weeks, but their offense came alive last week posting a 39-0 shutout. This game could have a lot of meaning for both squads. Central Cass has already dropped a regional game to Kindred, a loss here would drastically hurt their chances at a home playoff game. This should be Lisbon's biggest test of the season to this point. I'm going to go with the home team as I think their playmakers will find a way to get to the end zone. Central Cass wins 28-14

Region 2-
Harvey-Wells County (2-1) @ Bottineau (2-1)

Both of these teams are 2-1 with both of their losses coming at the hands of Langdon who appears to be in the drivers seat in this region. Second place is still very important as it would include an all-important home playoff game. The team to win this match-up certainly would still have quite a bit of work to do, but would certainly control their own destiny in claiming that home playoff game. I'm going to take the home team. Bottineau wins 35-26.

Region 3-
Ray/Powers Lake (2-1) @ Stanley (1-2)

I'm not sure what to think about this region. I think Velva is among the very best teams in the state, but after that I think there's a big falloff. R/PL and Stanley could both potentially be playoff teams. That said, I think Ray/Powers lake wins this game on the road and puts themselves in good shape to reach the post-season. RPL wins 42-14

Region 4-
Killdeer (2-1) vs. Bowman County (3-0)

Killdeer is coming off of their first loss of the season while Bowman County survived a battle with Beulah last week. This could be a real physical game, but I'm going to go with the home team in this one. Bowman County wins 35-24

Week 4 Top 10:

#1- Kindred
#2- Velva
#3- Langdon
#4- Trinity
#5- Shiloh Christian
#6- Central Cass
#7 Bowman County
#8- Lisbon
#9- Oakes
#10- Beulah
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Week 4- What to Watch

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:56 pm

I am excited to watch the CC and Lisbon game as well. I think CC has the better players but I think that Lisbon is playing really well together with the QB connecting on a number of big passes. CC has had trouble scoring so I am going to take Lisbon 20 to 14
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Class B » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:12 pm

Good stuff once again Nuggets.

I don't know if Ray/PL beats Stanley by that much. Wait... I don't know if Ray/PL will beat Stanley at all! In Region 3, I had Stanley as somewhat of a wild card. I can see them finishing as high as the #2 seed but also could see them missing the playoffs. They had some good, young athletes last year who were just raw. Give them another year and I saw a potential playoff team. This one is a toss-up for me and with as weak as Region 3 is, could determine a home playoff game when it all sorts out.
Class B
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:16 pm

Powers Lake has been building a program for about 8 years. Stanley's program fell apart after the loss of Coach Enget. I could not believe how fast Stanley fell apart and how nobody has been able to bring that program back. I think it will be more of a 38 - 28 PL...
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:06 pm

Well CC totally proved me wrong. I was saying this is Lisbon year and they got blown out. Also I was completely wrong about Stanley and Powers Lake... Great Job Stanley.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Class B » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:31 pm

Consider me shocked by the Stanley and R/PL score too. But I did think Stanley could win by 2 TD's.

Stanley will be a playoff team in 2023 (which won't be a hard road in Region 3). They have DLB, Ryan and Velva left on their schedule. Winning 2 out of those 3 gets them a home playoff game, assuming they take care of business in the other games. I don't think they are done proving people wrong.
Class B
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:36 pm

Ok ... you were right on PL but them beating DLB or Velva... nope... maybe Ryan?? Maybe
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Return to A