Week 3- What to Watch

The teams in Class A

Week 3- What to Watch

Postby ChickenNuggets » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:53 pm

Two weeks in and there have been some big surprises as well as some teams who have just taken care of business as expected. Here's my look ahead to the weekend and the highlight from each region could be on Friday night.

Region 1-
E-E-K (1-1) @ Lisbon (2-0)
HCV @ Kindred might appear to be the more intriguing game to some, but I think that this match-up might have more on the line. Lisbon has grinded out two straight wins. They have the size to wear teams down. E-E-K played a tight game week 1 with Oakes. Oakes then went on to lose 7-0 to Central Cass the following week. E-E-K is behind the 8-ball right now with that loss to Oakes and big games down the road with CC and Kindred, not to mention HCV. To have a shot at the playoffs they likely have to win two of those 4 games and this is one I feel like they have to have. WIth that said, I picked all home teams in the 9-man weekly preview and home field advantage can be a very real thing. I'll take the Broncos to win 21-14.

Region 2-
There's a top 5 matchup that's going to take place in this region this week. #5 Bottineau (2-0) @ #4 Langdon Area (2-0). Langdon has looked fantastic to this point with big wins over Bishop Ryan and Harvey/WC to start the year. Bottineau "won ugly" in week 1 escaping with a narrow win over Carrington before winning handily over Grafton last week. I know that this is a top 5 match-up, but I think Langdon wins big... 48-16.

Also keep an eye on Cavalier (1-1) at Carrington (1-1). I think this should be a good battle. The winner is going to have a huge leg up in the hunt for the post-season while the losing team is going to have their work cut out.

Region 3-
#1 Velva (2-0) @ DLB (1-1)
See Region 2- I do think these are the two top teams in the region, but I think there is a big gap between #1 and #2. Both teams have played quality opponents to this point, but Velva has been dominant. I don't see that changing. I predict Velva wins 35-8

Region 4-

RV Shiloh Christian (2-0) @ Killdeer (2-0)
This might be the best game of the four that I have mentioned in this post. Shiloh has been crushing it the first two weeks outscoring opponents 103-8 combined. Killdeer has been impressive as well putting up 40+ in each game while surrendering just one score per contest. I've been big on the home teams this week so far, but I'll take the road team here. I think Shiloh finds ways to continue to score. I'll take the Skyhawks 38-28

My Top 10 so far:
1- Kindred
2- Velva
3- Langdon
4- Trinity
5- Shiloh Christian
6- Central Cass
7- Bowman County
8- Lisbon
9- Bottineau
10- Oakes
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Week 3- What to Watch

Postby Your daddy » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:26 am

The EEK vs oakes game wasn't as close as the final score would lead you to believe. Oakes scored early in the 3rd to go up 33-6 and then pulled their starters and played jv kids the rest of the game.
Your daddy
NDPreps Starter

Re: Week 3- What to Watch

Postby Class B » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:07 am

This is good stuff, Chicken Nuggets. Thanks for posting!
Class B
NDPreps Starter

Return to A