Top Teams and Players

The teams in Class A

Postby Mailman_25 » Mon May 14, 2007 9:05 am

The Cavalier teams of 2002-2004 would've easily defeated any team in the state in every class, except for the top 2-3 teams from Class AAA. And maybe even as low as the top 1-2 teams from AAA.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby A - Football Fan » Mon May 14, 2007 9:06 am

I don't want to diminish the talent of the athletes you have mentioned. I am sure that they are as good as everyone says. My only thought was that teams are made great by being teams that work together from the head coach down to the bench personnel who only see playing time in the blowout games.

Which team was the last team to win with just one stud on their team in any sport? Winning teams in Basketball, Football, Baseball, Track and Field, Wrestling, Volleyball, or whatever have a compliment of excellent team members who work together rather than leave it to one person. God bless the studs on some of the one man teams, because if it weren't for them some teams wouldn't be nearly as successful as they were.

Brett Favre could play for some podunk town and maybe improve the team but without a compliment he would have a hard time winning the whole thing.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby always a sports season » Tue May 15, 2007 4:14 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:I don't want to diminish the talent of the athletes you have mentioned. I am sure that they are as good as everyone says. My only thought was that teams are made great by being teams that work together from the head coach down to the bench personnel who only see playing time in the blowout games.

Which team was the last team to win with just one stud on their team in any sport? Winning teams in Basketball, Football, Baseball, Track and Field, Wrestling, Volleyball, or whatever have a compliment of excellent team members who work together rather than leave it to one person. God bless the studs on some of the one man teams, because if it weren't for them some teams wouldn't be nearly as successful as they were.

Brett Favre could play for some podunk town and maybe improve the team but without a compliment he would have a hard time winning the whole thing.
I like your comments about teams being great because of all the personnel involved.  The preps site seems to  spend a lot of time talking about individuals but it is team that counts. 
always a sports season

Postby ND_Coach » Tue May 22, 2007 6:06 am

rep wrote:i'm curious to see what harvey looks like this fall...they lose their qb but if i remember right they bring back the younger sandy (te), both running backs (i think one is a senior and the other is a junior in the fall?) but other than that i don't remember who all graduated.

what does their o-line, receivers and defense look like?

Defense they have most of their players back.  On defense I believe they started 6 sophmores last year.  With all that talent coming back it will be tough to put points on the board. 

Losing Brock Sandy (QB/DB) will hurt but Harvey always seems to have a good QB I am sure they will find another by next fall.  If they don't, they can always play power football: ram the ball down the other teams throat and shut people down defensively
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:41 am

I really believe Harvey will have the team to beat this year.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:38 am

I'd say Harvey or Killdeer come out of the west.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:30 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:I really believe Harvey will have the team to beat this year.
I think you might have to throw Lisbon into that consideration too.  Lisbon, Linton, Harvey, and Killdeer are the 4 teams to beat in my eyes.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 24/7ndfan » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:53 pm

cubsfan wrote:
A - Football Fan wrote:I really believe Harvey will have the team to beat this year.
I think you might have to throw Lisbon into that consideration too.  Lisbon, Linton, Harvey, and Killdeer are the 4 teams to beat in my eyes.

who does lisbon have back?
24/7ndfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:52 pm

cubsfan wrote:

I'm really curious as to why people say Linton is a team to beat this year. They graduated a huge senior class last year with nothing much returning. They lose 5 seniors off of there line. A line that averaged 220+ across the front 5. They lose there running back, fullback, and receiver. They return 3 offensive starters from last years team. They also lose 2 starters from there secondary, 4 linebackers/strong safety, and 2 DL. I don't possibly see how they can even be in the mix. Other then the fact they have Imdieke as a coach. But like I've said before, pretty hard to win with no talent returning.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:49 am

24/7ndfan wrote:
cubsfan wrote:

who does lisbon have back?

Lisbon had 10 seniors last year but will have 15 seniors this fall. They have pretty good talent with Carlblom being a big target at tight end.

Bubach has really been blessed with good talent over the years but he is pretty predictable.

If I was playing Lisbon this year I would jam Carlblom at the line as much as possible to get him off his routs. I promise you, they want the ball in his hands a bunch this year he is a great threat for them. If I had a good tall safety I would walk him up on the line and be in his face on every down.

obviously you can't sell out on a tight end as Lisbon has a good supporting cast and will want to run the ball, but take away the big play from Carlblom and get a few picks since he will be the primary receiver.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan_05 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:50 pm

baller01 wrote:
cubsfan wrote:

I'm really curious as to why people say Linton is a team to beat this year. They graduated a huge senior class last year with nothing much returning. They lose 5 seniors off of there line. A line that averaged 220+ across the front 5. They lose there running back, fullback, and receiver. They return 3 offensive starters from last years team. They also lose 2 starters from there secondary, 4 linebackers/strong safety, and 2 DL. I don't possibly see how they can even be in the mix. Other then the fact they have Imdieke as a coach. But like I've said before, pretty hard to win with no talent returning.

Coaching can make up for "lack of talent" to a point.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:47 am

bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
cubsfan wrote:

My point exactly
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:36 pm

baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
cubsfan wrote:

My point exactly

With that being said, they will be very competitive as usual.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby Tu-Big » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:21 pm

cubsfan wrote:

Harvey vs. Killdeer, week 3 in killdeer, gonna be an exciting game, cant wait.
Tu-Big

Previous

Return to A