Quarterfinals- What to Watch!

The teams in Class A

Quarterfinals- What to Watch!

Postby ChickenNuggets » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:09 am

8 Teams, 4 Games... It's the Quarterfinal round of the Class 11B Playoffs. All four region champions have advanced. We will see a pair of rematches from the regular season along with two games with teams meeting for the first time.

[b]G9 - (7-2) R1#3 Central Cass @ R1#1 (1) Kindred (10-0)[/b]
This is a region 1 rematch. Just 27 miles separate the two teams, so travel will not be a major factor, however Kindred defeated Central Cass 28-0 about a month ago in Casselton. This time the Vikings will play in the confines of their own home field. I wouldn't expect a whole lot to change. Kindred's big powerful line will look to pave the way for the Vikings. If Central Cass wants to change the outcome they are going to have to play more physical and then get their passing game working on the offensive side of the ball. I don't know how I could pick against Kindred at this point. Vikings win 35-12

G10 - (8-2) R4#2 Shiloh Christian @ R4#1 (RV) Beulah (8-2)
Another regional matchup, Shiloh will only have to travel about 77 miles for this playoff game, just over half the distance they went last week to take on DLB. Beulah won the regular season matchup 50-36. I would expect Beulah's rushing attack to be relentless in the rematch. I also think Beulah's defense is poised to make a few more stops to help the Miners advance to the Semi-final round. Beulah wins 42-28

G11 - (9-1) R4#2 (4) Dickinson Trinity @ R3#1 (2) Velva-Garrison-Drake-Anamoose (10-0)
The 173 mile trip from Dickinson to Velva is the longest trek that any team has to make this round of the playoffs for 11B teams. This has the potential to be a very entertaining game. Velva has been consistently good all season long. Dickinson Trinity's offense is second to none! In fact, Trinity has only scored below 40 twice this season. A 38-35 loss and a 36-0 shutout win to start the season. In contrast, Velva has yet to allow anyone to score more than 20 points all season long. So what happens when the unstoppable force meets the immovable object? My thought is that defense wins championships so I'll go with the home team in this one. Velva wins 42-38 in a very exciting game.

G12 - (9-1) R1#2 (5) Oakes @ R2#1 (3) Hillsboro-Central Valley (9-1)
137 miles separates Oakes from Hillsboro. This shouldn't be a hugely impactful distance to travel. HCV struggled against Lisbon this past week, but came away with the win. Oakes got off to a very slow start trailing Thompson 15-0 at half time before rattling off 34 unanswered in the second half. Both teams need to play better to win this game. Hillsboro/CV has to find their groove. I do feel that their power rushing game will find more success against Oakes than against the big Lisbon line. Oakes can't fall into a hole early and expect to dig their way out like they did last weekend. With both teams sitting at 9-1, this has the makings to be the game of the week. In the end I am going to side with the consistency and recent tradition of HCV to get it done at home. HCV wins 26-20
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Quarterfinals- What to Watch!

Postby Flying Wallenda » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:15 pm

I agree almost verbatim on this post......
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:52 pm

Kindred VS Central Cass is a Rivalry Game so you never know what can happen with these. Central Cass wants revenge I KNOW there is bad blood between these two teams. Kindred will be a full strength this time so that should help the running game get better this time. CC will have a few tricks up their sleeve and I am sure they will be taking quite a few chances. BUT I will stick with Kindred in this one... 24 to 6

Shiloh vs Beulah... I don't think Shiloh has the defense to beat the Miners. And I think the Miners can stop Shiloh enough to win this game... 35 to 24

DT vs Velva....I don't think DT can play defense.. they depend on their high powered Offense... Velva will pound them into the ground with physical play nd win this by the end of the 3rd... 35 to 12

HCV vs Oakes.... Defense wins this game. I know Oakes can score and they can defend but they can not stop the run against HCV hard running backs and physical front. I will take HCV 28 to 20
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Your daddy » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:59 pm

Kindred
Bealuh
Velva
Oakes in a close one 28-24
Saturday was the first game since week 2 oakes had their starting lineup playing. It took them a half to get going. If they do that against Hillsboro they won't win. Oakes shut down Lisbon's run game a couple weeks ago. With a week to prepare I predict they do the same thing against Hillsboro.
Your daddy
NDPreps Starter

Postby A - Football Fan » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:44 pm

I understand that Central Cass defeated Kindred 14-10. Can anyone verify that?
I’m watching the Velva and Dickinson Trinity game where Velva leads 28-6 with 7 seconds left in the 3rd quarter. Any other scores to report at this point?
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:49 pm

Yep CC scored with under a minute left to take lead 14-10; Kindred had a hail mary chance at end of game but QB got tripped up in the pocket.

Central Cass will be on the road next week no matter the outcome of Beulah/Shiloh (Beulah leads 20-14 in 4th)

HCV leads Oakes 13-0 in 4th
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:03 am

Anyone at the Kindred game who can offer insight into how that game went down?
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDPREP » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:15 am

defensewinsgames wrote:Anyone at the Kindred game who can offer insight into how that game went down?

about 4 minutes left, kindred up 10-7 , they march down the field and throws an INT into the endzone from the 4 yard line. Central Cass has some bumbly plays almost giving the game away but converts a 4th and 17 to keep the TD drive alive.
NDPREP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby leroybla » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:19 am

NDPREP wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:Anyone at the Kindred game who can offer insight into how that game went down?

about 4 minutes left, kindred up 10-7 , they march down the field and throws an INT into the endzone from the 4 yard line. Central Cass has some bumbly plays almost giving the game away but converts a 4th and 17 to keep the TD drive alive.

Owen Wiesma didn't play in the final 3-1/2 quarters of the regular season game (he was first team all state last year). CC's run defense was stellar. Also the interception and 4th down conversion (both caught by Cooper Johnson) were huge plays. Kindred appeared tired.
Last edited by leroybla on Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby leroybla » Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:20 am

Trey Heinrich of Kindred went out with a shoulder injury in the final 17 seconds of the game. Any word on his injury?
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:42 pm

Injuries, Injuries and Injuries...
QB/Safety sprained his ankle right away so they tape him up and he went back in 2nd and was limited to staying in the pocket...He could not run.. So No Defense for him
Heinrich hurt a shoulder and ribs in the 1st as well but toughed it out until the end before his should completely separated. So he was at best at 50% for almost the whole game.
Fullback/outside backer hurt his arm in the 2nd but kept going but he could not grab the ball or hold anything for tackles.
K. Swenson sprained his knee but they taped him up so he played at 60% but could not keep going on defense
Others got beat up as well. So CC was playing very physical and beat Kindred up and won the game. At one time they had 5 JV soph on the field.
Kuddo's to the CC coaching staff for going for it with 17 Seconds left. Looked like they were trying to get to the line and spike it and tie the game but that is when Heinrich went down and gave them a free 10 minute timeout and they made the right call.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby leroybla » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:39 pm

maddog1971 wrote:Injuries, Injuries and Injuries...
QB/Safety sprained his ankle right away so they tape him up and he went back in 2nd and was limited to staying in the pocket...He could not run.. So No Defense for him
Heinrich hurt a shoulder and ribs in the 1st as well but toughed it out until the end before his should completely separated. So he was at best at 50% for almost the whole game.
Fullback/outside backer hurt his arm in the 2nd but kept going but he could not grab the ball or hold anything for tackles.
K. Swenson sprained his knee but they taped him up so he played at 60% but could not keep going on defense
Others got beat up as well. So CC was playing very physical and beat Kindred up and won the game. At one time they had 5 JV soph on the field.
Kuddo's to the CC coaching staff for going for it with 17 Seconds left. Looked like they were trying to get to the line and spike it and tie the game but that is when Heinrich went down and gave them a free 10 minute timeout and they made the right call.
This all sounds about right. Kindred appearing to be tired was likely the effects of injuries. It appeared that Kindred's season was effectively over even if they had won on Saturday with all their injuries, especially to Heinrich and Swenson. It was a hard hitting affair with few penalties.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A