What to Watch- Week 7!

The teams in Class A

What to Watch- Week 7!

Postby ChickenNuggets » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:18 am

11B Has some monster games this week across the state! Each region has a marquee matchup between teams who have hopes of making deep playoff runs!

Region 1-
6-0 Kindred @ 5-1 Central Cass

Kindred is the reigning champions and they are coming off an absolute pounding of previously undefeated Oakes. That Oakes teams is responsible for the only blemish on Central Cass's 5-1 record, but that happened early in the season and CC is playing some really good football as of late. I think before the season started, many people probably expected that this game would be for the Region 1 crown! It still could be as Kindred would be in a great position to run the table on the regular season with a win. CC Could create a 3-way Tie in the region if they were to get the win. I think that Kindred made a statement last week and plans to continue making that statement this week. Give me the Vikings 35-14

Region 2-
6-0 Bottineau @ 5-1 Hillsboro

This is a very intriguing matchup. Bottineau came into the season unranked, not getting any votes, and virtually not on anyone's radar. All they have done is start 6-0 including knocking off a Langdon team that was ranked #2 in the state at the time. Langdon has some injuries and question marks so how much did that win mean? I think it meant a lot, but any questions that anyone has about Bottineau should be answered this week when they travel to Hillsboro. HCV has won 4 straight since a week 2 setback against Kindred. I expect this game to be a battle, and I'm conflicted on who to pick here. Lets go with the Braves to keep on keeping on. Bottineau wins on the road 20-14.

Region 3-
3-2 Des Lacs/Burlington @ 3-3 Bishop Ryan

Both teams are 3-1 in the region. Both teams need a win to hang on to any chance that they have of hosting a playoff game. Ryan is coming off a convincing win at Stanley while DLB has won three straight after starting 0-2. This should be a good football game as these two know each other well and have a nice rivalry. I'll take the Lions to win 38-28.

Region 4-
5-1 Beulah @ 5-1 Shiloh Christian

Both teams have just 1 loss on the ledger, however Beulah is unbeaten in Region 4 play while Shiloh has a loss to Trinity. A Beulah Win would certainly keep them in contention to win a region title or at the very least be in great position to host a playoff game. Shiloh Christian would need some help, but a win and a Beulah win over Trinity down the road could create a 3-way tie at the top of the region 4 standings. Either way, I'm getting ahead of myself looking down the road to the playoffs when in reality we should have an excellent football game right now this week! I'm looking for the home team to win this one. I think their offense will be tough to stymie. Shiloh wins 35-20
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A