Week 5- What to Watch!

The teams in Class A

Week 5- What to Watch!

Postby ChickenNuggets » Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:49 pm

Region 1-
2-2 Linton HMB @ 4-0 Oakes

Oakes has won their 1 big match-up against Central Cass so far this year while Linton has played a tougher schedule to this point and has split their 4 contests, but have been competitive even in their losses. This should be another very stiff test for Linton and with the exception fo the Central Cass win, should be Oakes biggest test to date. I'll take the home team to win 34-20

Region 2-
3-1 Langdon @ 3-1 Hillsboro/CV

This game was very likely the one that most had circled on their calendars if they were following 11B Region 2 football this year. Preseason predictions had these two at the top of the region. Hillsboro has 1 loss to #1 ranked Kindred while Langdon dropped a close one to Bottineau. Despite the loss to Bottineau, the Region 2 crown is still very much a realistic possibility for both of these teams. Langdon must get a win to have any chance at winning the region and still has another huge test next week against Thompson. Hillsboro/CV is 3-0 in the region, but has yet to play Langdon, Thompson, or Bottineau. This region is going to be a blast to watch and see how things unfold down he backstretch of the regular season and it all starts Friday with this game! My gut tells me to go with Langdon in this one. Cardinals win 42-28

Region 3-
3-1 Ray/Powers Lake @ 2-2 Bishop Ryan

Three teams sit atop the Region 3 standings with 2-0 records within the conference and this game features two of them! Ray/Powers Lake is coming off of 3 straight wins after a week 1 setback by Shiloh. Bishop Ryan took two losses to start the year against Langdon and Trinity, but have seemingly righted the ship as they have won their last two games by a combined score of 77-6. There is a lot of football left and a win or loss doesn't guarantee anything, but whoever comes out on top of this contest is going to be in a very strong position to not just qualify for the playoffs, but to get a 1st round home-game. I'll take the Lions to win this one 34-22

Region 4-
3-1 Bowman County @ 3-1 Shiloh Christian

Both teams sport 3-1 records at this juncture int he season. Bowman dropped a week 1 game to Kenmare and has been rolling ever since that early stetback, winning the next three contests by 30+ points. Shiloh has done virtually the same thing in reverse, winning three games very convincingly to start the year before dropping their week 4 matchup against Trinity, a game that they competed toe to toe with the Titans until the closing moments of the game. I'm going to go with the home team in this one. Shiloh wins 30-26
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A