Week 3- Whaat to Watch

The teams in Class A

Week 3- Whaat to Watch

Postby ChickenNuggets » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:59 pm

THE COAL BOWL!
1-1 Hazen @ 1-1 Beulah

This rivalry is always a fun one! This one will be even more exciting as the winner will definitely have a huge leg up on making a playoff appearance! This should be a competitive region so any win is a huge win. I do think it will be a competitive game, but I'll take Beulah 20-14 Actual Score- Beulah 22-14

2-0 Kenmare @ 0-2 Bishop Ryan
Two weeks ago, prior to the first games of the season, I am not so sure who would have expected these records going into this game. Kenmare pulled off one of the bigger upsets this far beating Bowman County in week 1 and then winning 22-8 against Southern McLean. Bishop Ryan started the season with two very good opponents, falling to Langdon and Trinity. At this point, however, neither team has played a regional game yet and this is the first one for both teams. A win here will go a long way towards getting into the playoffs and once the playoff start, how you did in weeks 1 & 2 have little importance. A chance to really build some momentum for Kenmare or a chance to right the ship for Bishop Ryan. It should be a good contest. I'll take the Honkers 22-18.
Actual Score- Bishop Ryan 35-0

2-0 Langdon @ 2-0 Bottineau (I believe this is being played in Rolla)
Langdon has looked every bit the part of their #2 ranking to start the season winning big in both of their first two contests. Bottineau, however, has looked solid as well picking up a pair of wins after moving up to 11B from the 9B division where they were State Semi-finalists a year ago. I predict the Cardinals win this game, but it will be interesting to see how competitive Bottineau can make this game. Might be an indicator if they are a true threat to make the playoffs this year. Actual Score- Bottineau 22-18

1-1 Harvey/Wells County @ 2-0 Thompson
Harvey suffered a set back last week at the hands of Langdon. Thompson had a tremendous first week, but then struggled at times against Park River, still earning a win nonetheless. This should be a great football game and I would think there will be some big hits between two physical teams. My guess is that Thompson makes just enough plays at home to win 28-20 Actual Score- Thompson 28-22

0-2 Grafton vs. 0-2 Park River/F/L
I started with the Coal Bowl and will end with another rivalry game! These two teams might not have a win at this point in the season, but I can assure you that a win this week would make either team very happy. Park River did not win a game last year, but they played Grafton in the final week of the season and it was their most competitive game. PR was also very competitive last week against Thompson, and for that reason I will predict an Aggies win on Friday. PRFL wins 26-20 Actual Score- Park River 44-8

This week's pick-em Record- 3-2; Season record to date- 7-3
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A