Week 2- What to watch!

The teams in Class A

Week 2- What to watch!

Postby ChickenNuggets » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:58 am

Kindred @ Hillsboro/CV
Here's your rematch for he 2021 State Championship game. Both teams had week 1 shutouts to start the year and I am sure both teams have had this game circled on their calendars for quite some time. I'm going to pick the defending champs in this one. Their big physical line could very well be the difference in this one. Kindred wins 20-6 Actual Score- Kindred 36-0

Langdon @ Harvey/Welles County
Langdon looked great hanging 50 points on #5 ranked Bishop Ryan last week, but Harvey/WC had no lack of offense against Rugby winning 34-14. There is a lot on the line as this is a regional match-up. HWC always plays physical and has the home field advantage, but I don't think it will be enough. Langdon gets a win here 42-14 Actual Score- Langdon 48-8

Bishop Ryan @ Trinity
Bishop Ryan is coming off a loss to Langdon while Trinity got a nice win in week one. This is always an interesting matchup with two historically solid football teams. I don't know a whole lot about these teams, but I'm going to predict that Bishop Ryan rights the ship and gets to 1-1 on the year. Ryan wins 28-22 Actual Score- Trinity 61-22

Southern McLean @ Kenmare/Bowbells/Burke Central
Kenmare won a game last week that may have been considered the biggest upset in any division in for week 1. Now they get 1-0 Southern McLean in week 2. As mentioned previously, starting 2-0 can have a huge effect on a team's momentum going forward. I'll take the Honkers at home 34-24 Actual Score- Kenmare 22-8

Velva @ Beulah

This is a matchup of two very successful football programs. These teams are constantly in the discussion among the division's best teams. Both teams start the season with 1-0 records. Beulah is a tough place to play, but I think Velva is going to be the better team on the field come Friday night. I'll take the Aggies 38-14. Actual Score- Velva 30-19

Class A Picks- 4-1 This week, 4-1 for the season
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A