11B Week 2 Schedule

The teams in Class A

Re: 11B Week 2 Schedule

Postby leroybla » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:57 pm

[quote="leroybla"]The biggest advantage that Kindred and CC enjoy is nearby employment centers and parental involvement. Both currently enjoy both advantages. Mapleton is not far from their own high school, it seems. Their currently considering their own middle school. Kids in the Mapleton district can open enroll to WF, Kindred or CC. Northern Cass picks up kids from the West Fargo district as they have open enrollment. CC does not have open enrollment. Only special situations (teacher/parent at CC, sibling at CC, etc) qualifies a student, as I understand it. CC has not co-oped in the true sense of the words since they co-oped football with Chaffee in the 90's, I think. CC is better described as a large consolidation as is Kindred. I don't know that Kindred allows open-enrollees either. That Kindred's district includes Oxbow CC doesn't hurt their golf team.

https://nces.ed.gov/ccd/schoolsearch/sc ... 1203000397

The website above indicates that Mapleton has on 4 in the 6th grade and 14 in the 5th. Have they already moved on to WF, Kindred and CC? This might mean that the "Mapleton co-op argument" is not significant.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BasketballMind » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:33 pm

2 weeks into the football season and it's just back to every topic being about the 3-class system? Cool cool.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:55 pm

BasketballMind wrote:2 weeks into the football season and it's just back to every topic being about the 3-class system? Cool cool.

I don't think it ever stopped...plus this new football plan was sure to bring out that talk because of enrollment disparities in the new divisions and the fact it is based around keeping the A teams and B teams together.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:24 pm

BasketballMind wrote:2 weeks into the football season and it's just back to every topic being about the 3-class system? Cool cool.

As long as Heimer doesn't find this post we'll be ok :lol:
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:24 am

"I think. CC is better described as a large consolidation as is Kindred."

Kindred is a town of 700 people. So Kindred gets kids from Leonard, Walcott, Davenport, Oxbow, Horace area.... So if that is not basically a Coop.... I don't what is.

It is football and numbers matter... the bigger the enrollment the better your chances are... I have not problem with that statement. BUT... is 20 kids more in high school a huge difference if the same amount of kids are out for each team? I don't agree with that.

Look at Velva - Garrison... They have one of the largest enrollments in the Class but they only get around 2 kids from Garrison....

Something has to change about the number of kids that go out for football as well....
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:26 am

I still think if you have a dollar General, a stop light and more than two bars... you need to be 11A...
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:06 am

defensewinsgames wrote:

I don't think it ever stopped...plus this new football plan was sure to bring out that talk because of enrollment disparities in the new divisions and the fact it is based around keeping the A teams and B teams together.

No it didn't. But what else can get argued at this point? In every sport the same complaints, reasons, solutions, and non-solutions get thrown out when one of the bigger B schools win something. I'd love to see discussions about the games, the styles of play, the coaches, and highlighting the players in a positive way start to happen instead of the exact same argument on every single topic. Kinda ruins this board when that's the only thing anyone can get back to.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:10 pm

I hear you. I'm as guilty of it as anyone but I would also say that a huge part of that is it is the only thing that gets replies. I have posted about games, coaches, players, etc. and get no response to it. I post about classes and get responses so then answer them. I don't agree with you about that is all that is posted about, it just is all that gets responses from others so instead of being one-off posts it turns into response chains. I post just about every week on top games in 11 and 9 man and get no responses to that ever. Doesn't mean it isn't posted, just means it isn't highlighted by multiple responses.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:50 pm

I understand where people are coming from in not wanting to see 3 class system debate. I would love to see more discussion about teams and games and all of that stuff. I don't think there are enough active members on this board from different regions of the state to get dialogue going.

I do think it's a valid concern especially when you look at what they did with the football plan this year.

1 class has 10, 1 class has 12, 1 class has 33 and 1 class has 41. In looking at this (I know some schools are not co-oped for basketball that are for football), but you could make a pretty darn good 3 class system by splitting the 11 A schools into the top and middle class and dropping some of the 11A schools into the bottom class.

I also have a lot of experience working in a true co-op where two different schools are combined for sports and all of the disadvantages that come from that (that a lot of people perceive as advantages) so I will always fight for the smaller schools. A lot of your beliefs when it comes to the 3 class system depends on what region you affiliate with. If you follow a school that is one of the "haves", than you see no problem with the current system. If you follow a school that is a smaller school or considered one of the "have nots" in a region with a bunch of "haves", than you see the problem.

There is also a lot of comparing done and considering larger districts as a "co-op" because they have kids that come from tiny towns to one central school is completely asinine to me.

But anyways back to the topic we are in:
The region out west has some traditional powers in it. Beulah is a very solid program with a very strong tradition. The region they are in has all kinds of traditional powers (a couple have taken a step back in recent years). I would say Class 11A is one of the stronger classes across the state in recent memory.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ChickenNuggets » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:15 am

11B is going to certainly have some mismatches along the way this year, but one thing for sure is that the play-offs are going to be insanely competitive! I think in the 11AA and 11A divisions we'll have a pretty darn good idea of who is going to be favored going into playoffs as many will have played already. In 9-man I think that the playoffs could get really fun around the quarterfinals, but I expect to see two rounds of blow-outs prior to that. I do not mean any disrespect, but unfortunately, there are going to be some poor teams that qualify for the playoffs. It's bound to happen when you're taking 3 of 5 or 3 of 6 teams from each region (or 3 of 3 in one case).
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:05 am

The Schwab wrote:But anyways back to the topic we are in:
The region out west has some traditional powers in it. Beulah is a very solid program with a very strong tradition. The region they are in has all kinds of traditional powers (a couple have taken a step back in recent years). I would say Class 11A is one of the stronger classes across the state in recent memory.

Agreed. The East regions are stacked. Southeast has Central Cass, Kindred, Linton, Lisbon, Oakes. Northeast has Harvey, HCV, Thompson, Langdon. Throw in other programs that have tradition but haven't been great in recent years or aren't long off recent success like Park River, Carrington, EEK, Grafton and it is compelling. Throw in the teams out west like: Bishop Ryan, Velva, Beulah, Bowman, Trinity, Killdeer, and Shiloh and there is a ton of tradition and interesting schools lumped together.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:29 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:
The Schwab wrote:But anyways back to the topic we are in:

Agreed. The East regions are stacked. Southeast has Central Cass, Kindred, Linton, Lisbon, Oakes. Northeast has Harvey, HCV, Thompson, Langdon. Throw in other programs that have tradition but haven't been great in recent years or aren't long off recent success like Park River, Carrington, EEK, Grafton and it is compelling. Throw in the teams out west like: Bishop Ryan, Velva, Beulah, Bowman, Trinity, Killdeer, and Shiloh and there is a ton of tradition and interesting schools lumped together.

I am with you. Lot's of good programs in this 11B. Full of talent and I think anyone of 10 teams have a shot at winning it.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to A