2020 PLAYOFF BRACKET

The teams in Class A

Re: 2020 PLAYOFF BRACKET

Postby Thundersnow » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:47 pm

Interesting discussion on Velva and their music/PA practices. I've never attended a game there, but that sounds like an interesting thing to observe. I wonder if opponents or officials have ever tried to put a stop to this?
Thundersnow
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoophoophoop » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:18 pm

Sportsrube wrote:Oakes just made it official - they are forfeiting their game to Langdon due to Covid.

give me abreak
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:21 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:Oakes just made it official - they are forfeiting their game to Langdon due to Covid.

give me abreak

????? What do you mean?
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDPREP » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:49 pm

Thundersnow wrote:Interesting discussion on Velva and their music/PA practices. I've never attended a game there, but that sounds like an interesting thing to observe. I wonder if opponents or officials have ever tried to put a stop to this?

Like I said not illegal they tow the line, their PA crew is just very good and tuned into the game. Most places are not. When you have a town and extra helpers who understand the game it makes it a hard place to play.

same with a crowd who only cheers while they are on offense. Just very good gamemanship by velva having been there several times.
NDPREP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:51 pm

so what is the rule with regards to music? in the NFL music has to stop when you break the huddle.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDPREP » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:40 am

NFHS does not have a rule, some states do, I doubt we do and if we did it wouldnt be enforced I would guess.
NDPREP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoophoophoop » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:59 am

defensewinsgames wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:

give me abreak

????? What do you mean?

Its a joke that a team that works the hard the whole year has to forfeit for no reason, and i'm not from Oakes, there are kids involved, who ever makes these rules up are a joke. just stop testing coaches and parents and you will be fine!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh ya I vote Democrat
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Erik8803 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:29 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:

give me abreak

????? What do you mean?

Its a joke that a team that works the hard the whole year has to forfeit for no reason, and i'm not from Oakes, there are kids involved, who ever makes these rules up are a joke. just stop testing coaches and parents and you will be fine!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh ya I vote Democrat

Don't use the team I've been apart of for 4 years forfeiting a playoff game to keep saying "don't get tested". I know we worked hard the entire year, and all of us are still sad and upset about forfeit, but don't you dare use our forfeit to say don't get tested.
Erik8803
NDPreps Rookie

Postby defensewinsgames » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:09 am

Erik8803 wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:

give me abreak

????? What do you mean?

Don't use the team I've been apart of for 4 years forfeiting a playoff game to keep saying "don't get tested". I know we worked hard the entire year, and all of us are still sad and upset about forfeit, but don't you dare use our forfeit to say don't get tested.

Was coming here to say this. Turning what is a horrible situation into an excuse to not get tested is unconscionable. The ultimate move of others above self was made here and to turn it into anything else is disgusting. I feel terrible for those kids but the correct decision was made and I have nothing but love and respect for that team, coaches, and others involved in that decision.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:57 pm

I agree with Erik8803 and defensewinsgames - I tip my cap to those who get tested and stay home to stop the spread of Covid. This young man was obviously more worried about the "greater good" than he was about a football game. Good for him. I feel for Oakes and their FB team, but hopefully when they look back on this season they take pride in how well they did and that the right choice was made.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby urserious » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:13 pm

Sportsrube wrote:I agree with Erik8803 and defensewinsgames - I tip my cap to those who get tested and stay home to stop the spread of Covid. This young man was obviously more worried about the "greater good" than he was about a football game. Good for him. I feel for Oakes and their FB team, but hopefully when they look back on this season they take pride in how well they did and that the right choice was made.

Wouldn't the "right choice" have been to wear follow a mask mandate and then not everyone would have to quarantine and their season wouldn't be done? I think that woulda been the "right choice".
urserious
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ChickenNuggets » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:37 pm

urserious wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:I agree with Erik8803 and defensewinsgames - I tip my cap to those who get tested and stay home to stop the spread of Covid. This young man was obviously more worried about the "greater good" than he was about a football game. Good for him. I feel for Oakes and their FB team, but hopefully when they look back on this season they take pride in how well they did and that the right choice was made.

Wouldn't the "right choice" have been to wear follow a mask mandate and then not everyone would have to quarantine and their season wouldn't be done? I think that woulda been the "right choice".

I think sometimes it's hard to determine what the right choice is or would be, especially with the rules of the game changing or seemingly being made up as we go. About a month ago the State Health Department determined that as long as both parties being involved in a close contact situation were wearing masks, there would be no need for quarantine. Now all the sudden this week they are saying that this rule still applies, but they are changing what constitutes as an acceptable face covering and neck gaiters are no longer acceptable face coverings to prevent someone from quarantining.

We shut down the entire state when there was ONE case of Covid-19. Now we're in the middle of a play-off season when we're seeing 1000+ positives a day state-wide. Should any of these teams be playing football right now??? I"ll be the first to say that I want to see a play-off season finish and to see four teams crowned as state champions, but my point is, the rules of the Covid-19 "Game" are changing constantly and there is no way to determine if we're doing everything in our power to go about this the right way or if we're screwing it up majorly.
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:50 pm

ChickenNuggets wrote:
urserious wrote:

I think sometimes it's hard to determine what the right choice is or would be, especially with the rules of the game changing or seemingly being made up as we go. About a month ago the State Health Department determined that as long as both parties being involved in a close contact situation were wearing masks, there would be no need for quarantine. Now all the sudden this week they are saying that this rule still applies, but they are changing what constitutes as an acceptable face covering and neck gaiters are no longer acceptable face coverings to prevent someone from quarantining.

We shut down the entire state when there was ONE case of Covid-19. Now we're in the middle of a play-off season when we're seeing 1000+ positives a day state-wide. Should any of these teams be playing football right now??? I"ll be the first to say that I want to see a play-off season finish and to see four teams crowned as state champions, but my point is, the rules of the Covid-19 "Game" are changing constantly and there is no way to determine if we're doing everything in our power to go about this the right way or if we're screwing it up majorly.

This has been the stance since they said if both parties were wearing a mask there wouldn't need to be quarantine.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby 5-time state chump » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:56 am

Flip wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:If people are still going to get tested which I highly recommend not doing people...

What is your background? why should people listen to you?

What do you recommend, Flip?

Whatever your answer is... and I don't care... but you are entitled to say it. You're basing your beliefs off of what and who you decide believe, he is doing and is entitled to the same privileges.

So.. for conversation sake... what are your thoughts?

My thoughts are ... if you're sick, stay home til you feel better.

If someone has no symptoms... lol... why would they get tested?
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDPREP » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:37 am

5-time state chump wrote:
Flip wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:If people are still going to get tested which I highly recommend not doing people...

Whatever your answer is... and I don't care... but you are entitled to say it. You're basing your beliefs off of what and who you decide believe, he is doing and is entitled to the same privileges.

had someone they were a close contact with and wanted to make sure it was still ok to visit grandma? I mean I wouldnt want my parents to get it....
NDPREP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fanofeverything » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:56 pm

Bisonguy06 wrote:
fanofeverything wrote:Not saying it means anything, but can you guys discuss why you picked Dickinson trinity over velva? Just 3 weeks ago in Dickinson Velva handled Dickinson trinity in a game that in my opinion was closer on the scoreboard than it really was. Now the game is in Velva.

Certainly go with your Velva prediction, but this was a strange take.

Scoring in that game went as follows:

Velva leads 6-0
Trinity leads 7-6
Velva leads 12-7
Trinity leads 14-12
Velva leads 20-14
Trinity leads 21-20, two minutes remaining in the 4th quarter
Velva 26-21 final. Long pass play, then they punched it in with under a minute remaining.

Great game, back-and-forth, statistically pretty even. Should be a good one again.

I’d explain myself because I watched the 1st game, but I’ll just let you read the box score for game 2 since that’s all you understand.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby fanofeverything » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:58 pm

d_fense wrote:
fanofeverything wrote:Not saying it means anything, but can you guys discuss why you picked Dickinson trinity over velva? Just 3 weeks ago in Dickinson Velva handled Dickinson trinity in a game that in my opinion was closer on the scoreboard than it really was. Now the game is in Velva.

I didn't see the game from 3 weeks ago between the teams. I think I'd lean towards DT over Velva. Here would be some of my reasoning. 1. Velva clearly (using you as a resource) outplayed DT and barely squeaked by them by less than a td. If DT plays marginally better, there's no reason they shouldn't be 6 points better. Which could very well give them the win. 2. Home field means nothing in this game. The only thing that makes Velva a difficult place to play is the fact that they typically have a strong team. In my opinion Linton is the only team I am familiar with that I think has a home field advantage. That is only due to both teams standing on the same sideline, which is only an advantage because Linton plays all home games that way while road teams on do it once a season. 3. I think DT has an advantage because I think they play in a significantly stronger region. Velva just snuck by Region 4's number 4 seed by a touchdown.

Great take!
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby 5-time state chump » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:15 pm

NDPREP wrote:
5-time state chump wrote:
Flip wrote:

had someone they were a close contact with and wanted to make sure it was still ok to visit grandma? I mean I wouldnt want my parents to get it....

So everyone should get tested, no matter how they feel, to see if they have, in case they see someone who is more vulnerable?

If this virus can go without any symptoms, then obviously the regular flu can be carried with no symptoms, and the vulnerable can die from it also.

So I guess from here on out, we should test everyone every week for every communicable disease, in case they have it.

LOL.

Stay home if you're sick. Duh.

Also,

Langdon by 24
Lisbon by 6
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:23 pm

5-time state chump wrote:If this virus can go without any symptoms, then obviously the regular flu can be carried with no symptoms, and the vulnerable can die from it also.

Why would that be obvious?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby 5-time state chump » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:46 am

Flip wrote:
5-time state chump wrote:If this virus can go without any symptoms, then obviously the regular flu can be carried with no symptoms, and the vulnerable can die from it also.

Why would that be obvious?

Deductive reasoning.

Covid-19 virus is magic only if you pretend it is. If one strain of Covid can be carried without symptoms, others might be as well. You don't know. So to be safe, everyone should get tested weekly? Daily? What'cha thinking Flip?

Also, you sound like a pretty safe fella. Do you go get tested weekly for cancer, diabetes, hypertension, strep, pneumonia, etc? Full body scan to look for tumors, abnormalities, etc. Ya know...just to be safe? Or do you wait til you have a symptom of some kind? (keep in mind, you responded when I said it was dumb to get tested without symptoms)
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:18 am

5-time state chump wrote:If one strain of Covid can be carried without symptoms, others might be as well. You don't know. So to be safe, everyone should get tested weekly? Daily? What'cha thinking Flip?

You're right. We don't know if other strains of coronavirus can be carried without symptoms. What we do know is the flu isn't a coronavirus.

Do you go get tested weekly for cancer, diabetes, hypertension, strep, pneumonia, etc?

I do not.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ChickenNuggets » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:09 am

Sorry to hi-jack your Covid-19 thread to post about football....

Ryan @ Langdon in the semi's... I don't think this one is close. Langdon has too many weapons and plays well at home. I take the Cardinals 40-12.

Velva @ Lisbon. Clash of two unbeaten teams. This could be a slugfest. That's a long trip for Velva to make. I'll take the home team in a tight one. Lisbon wins 28-18

Lisbon vs. Langdon in the finals. I'll make my prediction next week if it gets to this point.
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Region2FootballFan » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:32 pm

Saturday, November 7th
SF1: R3#2 (5) Bishop Ryan (9-2) @ R2#1 (1) Langdon/Edmore/Munich (10-0) Potentially could be a good game. I know theres some players out for Langdon due to close contacts but the “bye week” should help them overcome those issues. 34-14 Langdon

SF2: R3#1 (3) Velva (10-0) @ R1#1 (2) Lisbon (8-0 They proved me wrong the last two games I think they go to Lisbon’s house and take down the Broncos. Coaching wins this game. 21-14 Velva
Region2FootballFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby fanofeverything » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:38 am

Langdon simply too much for Bishop Ryan. Lisbon Velva sure to be a better matchup. The long trip for Velva along with Lisbon’s talent gives them the edge. If Velva wins it’ll be coaching that makes the difference. I’ll take Lisbon in a close one 26-20.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:55 am

Velva.... All the way.... I think their tradition, Coaching and Talent will make the difference. Langdon.... enough said. They get everything out of the talent they have and they have some really good talent.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to A