2018 Playoff Bracket

The teams in Class A

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby TheOneTheOnly » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:40 pm

Milnor wins 14 6
TheOneTheOnly
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:49 pm

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Barfly » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:29 pm

Congrats to Milnor ! With the score being what it was, this game must have been a defensive struggle. Does anyone have any game stats or details?
Barfly
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:07 pm

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby NodakQ2 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:21 pm

Milnor had MINUS 21 yards rushing over 300 yards passing.

Carrington only had 87 yards passing and 125 rushing.

Carrington suffers yet another critical injury early in the game.

Milnor won the trenches big time. They stopped Carrington at the 15 yard line and 20 yard line late in the game. Carrington stopped Milnor at the one yard line twice in the first half.

Carrington had 4 turnovers the second half.

At times it looked like neither team wanted to win this one.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:48 pm

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby EEDA » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:09 pm

Beulah 33 Minot Ryan 14 - FINAL
EEDA
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:37 pm

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby BelfieldBantams » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:34 pm

NodakQ2 wrote:Milnor had MINUS 21 yards rushing over 300 yards passing.

Carrington only had 87 yards passing and 125 rushing.

Carrington suffers yet another critical injury early in the game.

Milnor won the trenches big time. They stopped Carrington at the 15 yard line and 20 yard line late in the game. Carrington stopped Milnor at the one yard line twice in the first half.

Carrington had 4 turnovers the second half.

At times it looked like neither team wanted to win this one.


Who was it that got injured for Carrington?
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:56 pm

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby defensewinsgames » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:21 pm

G9: 1-2 Kindred (7-2) @ 2-1 (2) Langdon/Edmore/Munich (9-0)
G10: 3-2 (RV) Velva (8-1) @ 4-1 (4) Bowman County (9-0)
G11: 1-3 Milnor-North Sargent (7-2) @ 1-1 (1) Hillsboro-Central Valley (9-0)
G12: 4-4 Beulah (7-3) @ 4-2 (RV) Dickinson Trinity (7-1)
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:36 am

I just think Region 1 is way better then people think. Langdon is putting up lots of points but Kindreds D is pretty good. The coaching staff at Kindred is really good. Rugby had Kindred in the first and all the sudden they figured something out and by the 4th the JV was playing for Kindred. A shame that Milnor has to play Hillsboro. They should be playing Velva or Beulah.
maddog1971
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:15 am

maddog1971 wrote:I just think Region 1 is way better then people think. Langdon is putting up lots of points but Kindreds D is pretty good. The coaching staff at Kindred is really good. Rugby had Kindred in the first and all the sudden they figured something out and by the 4th the JV was playing for Kindred. A shame that Milnor has to play Hillsboro. They should be playing Velva or Beulah.


The bracket never would have been set up in a way for M-NS to be playing anyone other then HCV.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14709
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Region2FootballFan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:35 am

Saturday, October 27th
G9: 1-2 Kindred (7-2) @ 2-1 (2) Langdon/Edmore/Munich (9-0) Game of the week. Two tough defensive teams going at it. I think Langdon has the advantage because of their high powered offense and home field. 24-14
G10: 3-2 (RV) Velva (8-1) @ 4-1 (4) Bowman County (9-0) Good game. Bowman gets the win at home though. 36-28
G11: 1-3 Milnor-North Sargent (7-2) @ 1-1 (1) Hillsboro-Central Valley (9-0) Milnor had the emotional upset win last week hopefully they take that momentum to Hillsboro because they're gonna need it. 28-16
G12: 4-4 Beulah (7-3) @ 4-2 (RV) Dickinson Trinity (7-1) Beulah got the upset last week I think they get another one this week. 21-14
Region2FootballFan
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:45 pm

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Class B » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:39 am

EEDA wrote:Beulah 33 Minot Ryan 14 - FINAL


This game didn't shock me as much as it should have. With Beulah's ground game, when successful they are in control. Ryan gave them a couple short fields as well as a costly fumble at the goal line, so Beulah seemed as if they were in control early. I knew this wasn't going to be your typical 4 vs 1 game. Ryan was playing desperate as early as the 2nd quarter. I attended the Velva/Ryan epic 2 weeks ago and left thinking Velva was still about 2-3 TD's better than Ryan. Velva shot themselves in the foot way too many times in that game (I get it, good teams don't do that, but...) and left 3 touchdowns off the board (2 drives stalled inside the 10 and one TD called back).

Nonetheless it's playoff time, and if you want to see your season end with a win, you need to be ready to play anyone and beat them...no matter how the brackets come out.
Class B
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:06 pm
Location: The Souris Valley

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby ClemsonTigers » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:42 am

Saturday, October 27th
G9: 1-2 Kindred (7-2) @ 2-1 (2) Langdon/Edmore/Munich (9-0)
G10: 3-2 (RV) Velva (8-1) @ 4-1 (4) Bowman County (9-0)
G11: 1-3 Milnor-North Sargent (7-2) @ 1-1 (1) Hillsboro-Central Valley (9-0)
G12: 4-4 Beulah (7-3) @ 4-2 (RV) Dickinson Trinity (7-1)

If there is going to be any road team that wins it might be either Beulah or Kindred. I think Bowman and Hillsboro are just two solid teams. Kindred lost to Carrington early in the year 20-0 but that was off of three broken plays other then that Carrington didnt do much. Langdon could have their hands full.
ClemsonTigers
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:54 am

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:23 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:I just think Region 1 is way better then people think. Langdon is putting up lots of points but Kindreds D is pretty good. The coaching staff at Kindred is really good. Rugby had Kindred in the first and all the sudden they figured something out and by the 4th the JV was playing for Kindred. A shame that Milnor has to play Hillsboro. They should be playing Velva or Beulah.


The bracket never would have been set up in a way for M-NS to be playing anyone other then HCV.


I am saying we have been talking about the new system and trying to get the best two teams playing for the State Champs..... Why punish Milnor for being in the same region as Hillsboro. If anything Kindred and Milnor should have to play in the Semi's.
maddog1971
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:56 am

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:40 pm

maddog1971 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:I just think Region 1 is way better then people think. Langdon is putting up lots of points but Kindreds D is pretty good. The coaching staff at Kindred is really good. Rugby had Kindred in the first and all the sudden they figured something out and by the 4th the JV was playing for Kindred. A shame that Milnor has to play Hillsboro. They should be playing Velva or Beulah.


The bracket never would have been set up in a way for M-NS to be playing anyone other then HCV.


I am saying we have been talking about the new system and trying to get the best two teams playing for the State Champs..... Why punish Milnor for being in the same region as Hillsboro. If anything Kindred and Milnor should have to play in the Semi's.


So just clarifying...are you suggesting to do cross-bracketing for whole bracket...or re-seeding after each round? Just curious as it is another argument for discussion. Doesn't SD do some re-seeding after the 1st Round in their State Playoffs?
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14709
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby The Schwab » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:44 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:I just think Region 1 is way better then people think. Langdon is putting up lots of points but Kindreds D is pretty good. The coaching staff at Kindred is really good. Rugby had Kindred in the first and all the sudden they figured something out and by the 4th the JV was playing for Kindred. A shame that Milnor has to play Hillsboro. They should be playing Velva or Beulah.


The bracket never would have been set up in a way for M-NS to be playing anyone other then HCV.


I am saying we have been talking about the new system and trying to get the best two teams playing for the State Champs..... Why punish Milnor for being in the same region as Hillsboro. If anything Kindred and Milnor should have to play in the Semi's.


So just clarifying...are you suggesting to do cross-bracketing for whole bracket...or re-seeding after each round? Just curious as it is another argument for discussion. Doesn't SD do some re-seeding after the 1st Round in their State Playoffs?


South Dakota plays their first rounds (Region 1- 1 seed vs Region 1- 4 seed) (Region 1- 2 seed vs Region 1- 3 seed) unless a 5 seed from a region has more power points than a 4 seed from another region, then they would take that teams place. Once they get down to 8 teams (after first round) they seed 1-8 based on powerpoints- cross state bracket.
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3689
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby NodakQ2 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:02 pm

Makes sense to me to apply QRF to final 8. First round could be East crossing regions and West crossing regions. Take your 4 teams from the East and 4 from the West and apply QRF. The only problem is QRF isn't perfect when East isn't playing West during the regular season to establish base lines. Prime example of that is Bowman County this year. Are they just a mediocre team when compared to the East, or are they an undefeated power house that just didn't get any respect due to a lower QRF. Time will tell...
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:48 pm

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:38 am

ClemsonTigers wrote:Saturday, October 27th
G9: 1-2 Kindred (7-2) @ 2-1 (2) Langdon/Edmore/Munich (9-0)
G10: 3-2 (RV) Velva (8-1) @ 4-1 (4) Bowman County (9-0)
G11: 1-3 Milnor-North Sargent (7-2) @ 1-1 (1) Hillsboro-Central Valley (9-0)
G12: 4-4 Beulah (7-3) @ 4-2 (RV) Dickinson Trinity (7-1)

If there is going to be any road team that wins it might be either Beulah or Kindred. I think Bowman and Hillsboro are just two solid teams. Kindred lost to Carrington early in the year 20-0 but that was off of three broken plays other then that Carrington didnt do much. Langdon could have their hands full.


I think that Kindred will give Langdon a tough game. I wouldn't be surprised if Kindred goes up there and gets a win. Langdon has some weaknesses that I think Kindred can take advantage of. Velva is one of the best teams in the state IMO. They have looked really good in the few games I have seen of theirs this year and it wouldn't surprise me if they beat Bowman (although I have heard Bowman is the real deal). I don't think Milnor has much of shot against HCV. It also wouldn't surprise me one bit if Beulah went to Trinity and got a win. I think Beulah is one of the best coached teams in the state. I have a ton of respect for Dooley and what he puts out on the field. The last time they played Trinity Beulah lost 24 to 6 but I think Beulah has picked up some steam since then. I think at least one of the road teams picks up a win. If I had to choose one specifically I will take Kindred over Langdon
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Attack the Process » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:53 am

G9: 1-2 Kindred (7-2) @ 2-1 (2) Langdon/Edmore/Munich (9-0)
G10: 3-2 (RV) Velva (8-1) @ 4-1 (4) Bowman County (9-0)
G11: 1-3 Milnor-North Sargent (7-2) @ 1-1 (1) Hillsboro-Central Valley (9-0)
G12: 4-4 Beulah (7-3) @ 4-2 (RV) Dickinson Trinity (7-1)

Kindred @ LEM: I think this game has the potential to be very good. Both teams like to spread it out and attack down field. Should be a very fun game to watch. Also, could be Kindred's last game in Class A football for a while. Can't wait to listen to it!

Velva @ Bowman County: I am not taking anything away from Bowman County here. I think they are a very good football team. I just know you don't bet against Coach Sandy all that much during playoff football. I think Velva wins this one because they have had players that had experienced big time playoff games before, where BC is new to experience this year. Both teams are talented! Will be a fantastic game.

M/NS @ H/CV: M/NS isn't a team I would sleep on. Very talented group of football players. I do however think that H/CV's depth and overall talent will be too overwhelming in this one. H/CV has something special going right now and I believe it continues.

Beulah @ Trinity: After listening to both of these teams' first round games, it sounds like it could be a great one. Beulah absolutely marched the ball up and down the field on Ryan. Trinity was able to move the ball at will against DLB. I think that any time a new opponent plays against Beulah and Dooley's unconventional style of play call, they get the best of teams. But since Trinity has played Beulah in the regular season so many years, they are able to handle Beulah's offense. Kuntz is a tough kid to contain. I am very curious to see how Beulah will defend Trinity's offense.

Best of luck to ALL teams!
Attack the Process
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:51 am

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Rivershark » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:16 pm

Why does it seem like Kindred, H/CV, Beulah and Trinity should all be in the AA Division?
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Class B » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:28 pm

Rivershark wrote:Why does it seem like Kindred, H/CV, Beulah and Trinity should all be in the AA Division?


Next year H/CV, Beulah, Hazen and Stanley are going AA. There might be others though too I can’t think off the top of my head.
Class B
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:06 pm
Location: The Souris Valley

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:30 pm

Class B wrote:
Rivershark wrote:Why does it seem like Kindred, H/CV, Beulah and Trinity should all be in the AA Division?


Next year H/CV, Beulah, Hazen and Stanley are going AA. There might be others though too I can’t think off the top of my head.


Kindred is too
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14709
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby NorthDakota11 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:36 am

Rivershark wrote:Why does it seem like Kindred, H/CV, Beulah and Trinity should all be in the AA Division?


Next year Trinity will have the smallest enrollment of all Class A schools, actually opted up from 9-man. But those other three school are moving up from what I've seen.
"Why did you go for two?"

"Because I couldn't go for three..." - Woody Hayes
NorthDakota11
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:26 am
Location: Williston, ND

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Class B » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:23 am

If I'm not mistaken Hillsboro is a middle of the pack A school in terms of enrollment. That CV co-op puts them in the AA level.
Class B
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:06 pm
Location: The Souris Valley

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Sniper » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:32 am

Rivershark wrote:Why does it seem like Kindred, H/CV, Beulah and Trinity should all be in the AA Division?


I am going to take a wild guess and say that maybe Trinity seems like they should be in the AA division because they are located in Dickinson but they are not as big as Dickinson High School or the Bismarck Public Schools, so a class that is set up basically for private schools and larger class B towns seems like a good fit.
Sniper
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:30 am
Location: Bismarck, ND

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:57 am

NorthDakota11 wrote:
Rivershark wrote:Why does it seem like Kindred, H/CV, Beulah and Trinity should all be in the AA Division?


Next year Trinity will have the smallest enrollment of all Class A schools, actually opted up from 9-man. But those other three school are moving up from what I've seen.


The enrollment argument with private schools drives me crazy. It isn't a matter of they have a small enrollment. You have to look at the kids they have and how they are obtaining those kids. That doesn't even take into account anything like facilities, money families have to spend on things, etc. Trying to compare them to another small public school is ridiculous. Here are some teams that are in the ballpark with enrollments for the next two years with Trinity: Steele, Mohall-L-S, Surrey, Cavalier, Harvey, Standing Rock, and Four Winds. Do we really want to make the argument that all of those schools are the same as Trinity because of enrollment? There is a reason that even though they aren't the biggest enrollment in whatever class they are the private schools tend to fair pretty well.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby The Schwab » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:32 am

defensewinsgames wrote:
NorthDakota11 wrote:
Rivershark wrote:Why does it seem like Kindred, H/CV, Beulah and Trinity should all be in the AA Division?


Next year Trinity will have the smallest enrollment of all Class A schools, actually opted up from 9-man. But those other three school are moving up from what I've seen.


The enrollment argument with private schools drives me crazy. It isn't a matter of they have a small enrollment. You have to look at the kids they have and how they are obtaining those kids. That doesn't even take into account anything like facilities, money families have to spend on things, etc. Trying to compare them to another small public school is ridiculous. Here are some teams that are in the ballpark with enrollments for the next two years with Trinity: Steele, Mohall-L-S, Surrey, Cavalier, Harvey, Standing Rock, and Four Winds. Do we really want to make the argument that all of those schools are the same as Trinity because of enrollment? There is a reason that even though they aren't the biggest enrollment in whatever class they are the private schools tend to fair pretty well.


I agree with you on all accounts, but what I've found when it comes to this subject: Good bark, wrong tree.
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3689
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

PreviousNext

Return to A

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest