Way Too Early 2018 Teams to Watch

The teams in Class A

Way Too Early 2018 Teams to Watch

Postby defensewinsgames » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:11 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on the top teams for each region going into next year? What teams should push for their region next year based on returning starters, numbers, etc?
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Re: Way Too Early 2018 Teams to Watch

Postby defensewinsgames » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:19 pm

I know the East best so I'm only going to talk about regions 1 and 2.

Region 1 - for me the team to beat will be Hillsboro. They lose almost all of their players from this year but I think they have the numbers and a couple key kids returning to compete for the region. Kindred is another team I am curious to see how they respond to this year.

Region 2 - I think Carrington is the team to beat. They return a lot of key players. Langdon loses everyone (but a couple linemen and the 2 freshmen twins). It will be interesting to see if they can retool enough to stay competitive. Harvey should be a decent team again. IMO this region is way more open than it was this year. Park River brings back their stud at QB who was one of the better play makers in the region, if they can put more around him this year they might make some noise.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:49 pm

I thought Langdon returned 4 out 5 of their OL? That's a decent start.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:07 pm

They lose their two best linemen they bring back the other ones. Otto and Haslekaas were both seniors but yes with Otto hurt they had other kids getting playing time so it depends on who you call the starters I suppose. I think losing Delvo, Economy, Peebles, Tetrault, Otto, and Haselkaas with only 21 other kids on the roster will be tough to overcome. New QB and all new skill players is often tough to overcome. I know the Romfo twins were contributing quite a bit at the end of the season though. So maybe 3 linemen and the Romfos is enough to keep them competitive in a wide open region.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby EEDA » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:32 pm

Region 4 - Dickinson Trinity will be a force not only in their region, but also when it comes to playoff time. I don’t like to mention players by name in this forum, but the Titans return quite a few key players on offense. Their QB and top 3 running backs return. Dynamic offense and speed on defense. This could be their year.
EEDA
NDPreps Starter

Postby Farmerkev » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:22 am

I believe that from the East it will be Carrington, most of the line and the two running backs are all Juniors it is a very heavy junior class. I think Park River will also be in the mix very good team this year and very young! So to deflate the bubble but no way Langdon is the team they were this year can't lose that much and still make playoff run not going to happen. Hillsboro will be okay but that line unbelievable and hard to replace.
I think that region 1 is open to a lot of teams no clear #1 but region 2 has clear favorite in Carrington! Very interesting about Trinity I don't know much from the West! Thanks
Farmerkev
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sorenson23 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:41 pm

Region 1- Hillsboro-CV, Oak Grove, E-E-K, Northern Cass
Region 2- Carrington, Harvey-WC, Park River-F-L Langdon
Region 3- Velva-Sawyer, Minot Ryan, Stanley, DL-B
Region 4- Trinity, Beulah, Killdeer, Hazen
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby madseason » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:04 pm

Sorenson23 wrote:Region 1- Hillsboro-CV, Oak Grove, E-E-K, Northern Cass
Pretty good picks I think. But doesn't Oak Grove return almost everyone? And PRFL lost their whole line may be picked high.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:26 pm

madseason wrote:
Sorenson23 wrote:Region 1- Hillsboro-CV, Oak Grove, E-E-K, Northern Cass
Pretty good picks I think. But doesn't Oak Grove return almost everyone? And PRFL lost their whole line may be picked high.

Oak Grove loses a lot but I wouldn't count them out...everyone did that this year (picking them low in R1). Coaching staff will have kids ready for next year!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby B-oldtimer » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:26 pm

I think Langdon looses enough talent where they will be just average team for next year. But year after I could see them as force to be dealt with again. They have good group of sophomores and Freshman that quite talented and should make for good team. Already these kids have played a lot as Freshman and even 8 graders. Also I believe Langdon has number good young athletes coming up from junior high and there numbers are improving in these grades. My guess will be next year they will struggle to make the playoffs but they could do that by that time they could be much better team than many think now.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A