Score Updates

The teams in Class A

Re: Score Updates

Postby Jeff Baranick » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:06 pm

I had the privilege to call the Velva-Sawyer v. Killdeer game on the radio and I was very impressed with the Aggies! They were unbelievably opportunistic, taking advantage of every Killdeer turnover in the first half to score points on a short field and break out to an early lead. Certainly, Killdeer beat itself with its mistakes, but Velva's defense was pretty stingy in its own right. I also liked the Aggies' QB, Nick Effertz. He throws well on the run and his receiving corps is very dependable. I like Velva in its rematch this Saturday against DLB. Obviously, Coach Sandy had his squad ready to play on the road last weekend, and I think the momentum will carry over to this weekend!
Jeff Baranick
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GoTheDistance » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:36 pm

21-7 EEK up...10 minutes left in the half.
GoTheDistance
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GoTheDistance » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:48 pm

28-13 EEK
6:49 left in the half
GoTheDistance
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GoTheDistance » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:09 pm

28-21 EEK @ half
GoTheDistance
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GoTheDistance » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:29 pm

Tied up at 28
GoTheDistance
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RattlerWebWonk » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:52 pm

Bishop Ryan over Hazen 31-14

4 minutes left in the game. DL-B 18, Velva 14. DL-B ball.
RattlerWebWonk
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoTheDistance » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:06 pm

35-28 larimore
6:36 left
GoTheDistance
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RattlerWebWonk » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:12 pm

Final, DL-B over Velva 18-14
RattlerWebWonk
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoTheDistance » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:13 pm

GoTheDistance wrote:35-28 larimore
6:36 left

Thunder fumbled on the return & larimore scored 41-28
5:22 left.
GoTheDistance
NDPreps Reserve

Postby madseason » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:38 pm

Wow what a game EEK over Larimore 42-41 Scored to tie on 4th and goal from the 6 with 6 seconds left. Extra point wins it.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby theallaroundballer » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:40 pm

A
Last edited by theallaroundballer on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
theallaroundballer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bsoldiergirl » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:07 pm

DLB defeats Velva....18-14
Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:18 pm

theallaroundballer wrote:Larimore chokes again. Where have we seen this story before.

I don't think this is fair. I didn't see a team that choked. Larimore is a very good football team. EEK executed a great game plan and were able to come out on top. this was an incredible football game, some amazing plays on both sides throughout the game.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby NodakQ2 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:45 pm

I'm impressed...EEK goes through Park River AND Larimore! Wow...impressive. EEK and Langdon will be a great matchup. Should be a high scoring affair.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:47 pm

EHS1998 wrote:I don't think this is fair. I didn't see a team that choked. Larimore is a very good football team. EEK executed a great game plan and were able to come out on top. this was an incredible football game, some amazing plays on both sides throughout the game.

I was at the 9 man game in '09 when Hankinson beat Hillsboro when Hillsboro was the best team in the state by a fair margin IMO. I had the same feeling after watching EEK/Larimore today.

EEK played better and deserved to win.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby theallaroundballer » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:13 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
theallaroundballer wrote:Larimore chokes again. Where have we seen this story before.

I don't think this is fair. I didn't see a team that choked. Larimore is a very good football team. EEK executed a great game plan and were able to come out on top. this was an incredible football game, some amazing plays on both sides throughout the game.

How is this not fair? #1 team in the state and give up 42 points at home? To a team they beat by 26 earlier this year? Fumble the ball with a minute and a half left and give up a game winning TD on 4th & goal from the 6. 4 region titles in the last 5 years and not even a star title appearance to show for it. I think the choke narrative for Larimore in the playoffs is apt. EEK is a good team but Larimore's blew it, plain and simple. Didn't make enough plays to win.
theallaroundballer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bequickdonthurry » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:55 pm

theallaroundballer wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:

How is this not fair? #1 team in the state and give up 42 points at home? To a team they beat by 26 earlier this year? Fumble the ball with a minute and a half left and give up a game winning TD on 4th & goal from the 6. 4 region titles in the last 5 years and not even a star title appearance to show for it. I think the choke narrative for Larimore in the playoffs is apt. EEK is a good team but Larimore's blew it, plain and simple. Didn't make enough plays to win.

What's not fair is that someone who wants to be negative while hiding behind a screen name chooses to measure the success of some fine young men by the final 3 games of the last 3 years. Chins up Polar Bears. You seniors have had great careers and today alone is totally inadequate to measure your success.

A father of a Thunder player told me today of the conversation he had with his son before the bus left this morning. The father shared that the son said he was most looking forward to today because the last two seasons the Polar Bears were the classiest team he had played.

Sounds to me like what they have to show for their efforts is worth a whole lot more than any title game appearance.
bequickdonthurry
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:18 pm

Spoken like someone who has rarely, if ever had a positive impact upon any real success. You are either incredibly immature or just a loser. My money would be on both.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:09 am

EHS1998 wrote:

Bequick and d_fense have provided great responses, I don't have much more to add. I am just trying to get my head around your astounding narrow mindedness. These kids played their hearts out and are champions in every sense of the word yet you want to reduce them to "chokers" because they haven't lived up to YOUR expectations? I'm quite certain you weren't there with them working in the offseason or fall camp putting everything they had into achieving their goals. I'm sure they wanted this more than you could possibly imagine and to make the statements you have is laughable. I'm just going to consider the source, I'm hoping they do too. One last thing, if you were at both of the games between these 2 teams this year, you would realize a vastly different EEK team showed up this week.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Blackheart » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:16 am

EHS1998 wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:

Bequick and d_fense have provided great responses, I don't have much more to add. I am just trying to get my head around your astounding narrow mindedness. These kids played their hearts out and are champions in every sense of the word yet you want to reduce them to "chokers" because they haven't lived up to YOUR expectations? I'm quite certain you weren't there with them working in the offseason or fall camp putting everything they had into achieving their goals. I'm sure they wanted this more than you could possibly imagine and to make the statements you have is laughable. I'm just going to consider the source, I'm hoping they do too. One last thing, if you were at both of the games between these 2 teams this year, you would realize a vastly different EEK team showed up this week.

By and large, people that use the term chokers have never played the game or simply do not understand the game. Congrats to Larimore on a great season and good luck to EEK as they are playing fantastic football right now.
Blackheart
NDPreps Starter

Postby theallaroundballer » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:01 am

d_fense wrote:

Spoken like someone who has rarely, if ever had a positive impact upon any real success. You are either incredibly immature or just a loser. My money would be on both.

Oh so it's below the belt to criticize a senior dominated team, some of whom are 18 and adults, not to mention the coaches, for once again failing to get it done in the postseason. I'm sure their fragile little psyches are completely destroyed now. But insulting me and disparaging my character in an online forum when you don't know a thing about me is cool? You really are something else. Your inability to see the irony here is truly astounding.
theallaroundballer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:26 am

d_fense wrote:

Oh so it's below the belt to criticize a senior dominated team, some of whom are 18 and adults, not to mention the coaches, for once again failing to get it done in the postseason. I'm sure their fragile little psyches are completely destroyed now. But insulting me and disparaging my character in an online forum when you don't know a thing about me is cool? You really are something else. Your inability to see the irony here is truly astounding.

I do know something about you, I read your post. And, you proved me right.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby madseason » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:21 am

I wasn't at the game but listened to it online. Sounded like both teams left everything on the field. To bad this wasn't the state championship game. Was very fun to listen to, would have been better to watch. I'd say this was a bigger upset than PRFL over Larimore two years ago. Especially when EEK was down two scores with 4 min left. I agree that the seniors from Larimore should keep their chins up. They have been good year in and year out (and that takes dedication)and How many games has that senior class lost over the past three-four years? Not many!
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Blackheart » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:58 am

d_fense wrote:
d_fense wrote:

I do know something about you, I read your post. And, you proved me right.

Now that's funny, right there!
Blackheart
NDPreps Starter

Postby bsoldiergirl » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:01 pm

DLB 32 Ryan 20...What an awesome game on an absolute perfect day for football.
Despite DLB missing(4) 2pt conversions, they were still able to win. While Ryan's ground game was good, DLB's was almost nonexistent. Both teams passed the ball a lot with semi accuracy. Knutson from DLB ran back a kickoff (90 yards?) for a touchdown. Penalties hurt both teams equally. Ryan protected the ball well (1 turnover) while DLB had 3. DLB played awesome defense. Both teams played their hearts out and left it all on the field.
One should never underestimate the power and determination of the Lakers..... GO LAKERS!!!
Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.
bsoldiergirl
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to A