PRFL/ EEK ?

The teams in Class A

PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby madseason » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:31 pm

Too many reasons why PRFL wins this game IMO. I will say PRFL by 12. Am I wrong?
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby Rivershark » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:16 pm

I hear EEK has a really good running back. The question is how he matches up against Hankey and Co. Defense wins games and he Aggies are coming around at the right time. I pick the Aggies by 20 points.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bball4 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:15 pm

Rivershark wrote:I hear EEK has a really good running back. The question is how he matches up against Hankey and Co. Defense wins games and he Aggies are coming around at the right time. I pick the Aggies by 20 points.

Agree...Grueneich is tough as RB and on defense. They have a couple other guys that have made some key plays in those close games.
It should be a good match up. I think Park River's experience in big games will be an advantage but I am hoping EEK defense can pull through.
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:45 pm

I can't make a prediction until I check how many seniors and coaches EEK has on the NDHSAA website.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:14 pm

packers21 wrote:I can't make a prediction until I check how many seniors and coaches EEK has on the NDHSAA website.

Let that go plz!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby packers21 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:55 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
packers21 wrote:I can't make a prediction until I check how many seniors and coaches EEK has on the NDHSAA website.

Let that go plz!

Haha fineeee
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby wan2bqb » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:56 am

Rivershark wrote:I hear EEK has a really good running back. The question is how he matches up against Hankey and Co. Defense wins games and he Aggies are coming around at the right time. I pick the Aggies by 20 points.

PRFL/ EEK ?

Postby madseason » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:31 pm

Too many reasons why PRFL wins this game IMO. I will say PRFL by 12. Am I wrong?

I will go out on a limb and say wrong to both of you. PRFL is a very good football team, Hankey and Co., ( I hate just singling him out, but he is a stud on the football field) will show up ready but don't quite drink the coolaid just yet. Look at their records vs. like opponents

PRFL EEK
Lakota 48-14 34-0
Harvey 32-14 30-28
Larimore 0-40 23-49
MNS 12-6 34-0
Oak Grove 60-26 43-35

Totals 152-100 164-112

One common theme here is one offense shows up and scores consistently against everyone, one offense has showed up and scored big twice!!! EEK is a solid football team that has probably the best running back I have seen all year, And yes I did see Mr. Hankey and he is a very pure natural athlete and I would take him on my team any day but if I had to chose based on what I have seen this year I would go with Gruneich. This game will be much closer in my opinion and PRFL hold the cards as far as experience but don't under estimate the 212 mile bus ride to play a quality team on their home field. I think it comes down to big plays and I will take EEK at home against PRFL. Especially if your giving me more than 6 pts. LOL. Good luck to both. May the best team win.
Last edited by Run4Fun2009 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Park River's opponent numbers...had a wrong score (OG game)
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby Cap'n Crunch » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:22 pm

This going to be a fun football game to watch, and we're obviously divided on how we believe it will end and by the margin of victory. Two weeks ago I believe this would be a completely different game, PRFL was finally showing signs of life and EEK was going into a big game against MNS to lock up the 2 seed, and that game showed a lot about EEK. They went in and shut down the clear cut (IMO) senior athlete of the year in region 1 Jake Hanson, and that being said PRFL and MNS have been slightly similar in that PRFL too has been a one-headed monster most of the year with Hankey as well which leads one to assume that EEK could possibly find a way to contain another very good player. The only flaw I find in that logic though is that PRFL has a much better o-line and from people are saying on the site it sounds like their role players are starting to come on at the right time which spells trouble for EEK.

I think it comes down to if a player other than Hankey can make a big play at the right time for the aggies. That being said I like the PRFL by a score because they obviously know how to win big games this time of year.
Cap'n Crunch
NDPreps Reserve

Postby alphadawg » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:13 pm

The milnor game is a bad comparison. Hankey was still gimpy with the bad ankle. It seemed like the PRFL coaching staff was hesitant to run him that game. Probably rightly so since they could afford to lose a non-region game but not their top player. With a couple minutes left on the clock and the ball they called his number and it was game over even with the bad ankle.

I said last week that HWC line was too small and I think EEK's line is also. PRFL established the line of scrimmage first series vs HWC. That was a 150 mile bus ride on a school day.

You can take Gruinech, I'll take Hankey and PRFL for the win.
alphadawg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bball4 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:53 pm

alphadawg wrote:The milnor game is a bad comparison. Hankey was still gimpy with the bad ankle. It seemed like the PRFL coaching staff was hesitant to run him that game. Probably rightly so since they could afford to lose a non-region game but not their top player. With a couple minutes left on the clock and the ball they called his number and it was game over even with the bad ankle.

I said last week that HWC line was too small and I think EEK's line is also. PRFL established the line of scrimmage first series vs HWC. That was a 150 mile bus ride on a school day.

If we are talking about individual players, I would take Grueneich...because of what he does on both sides of the ball. I watched that MNS game and he pressured Hanson that whole game. Maybe not a sack every time, but constantly in his face. Hanson is a talented athlete that's tough to tackle. I was impressed with how EEK defense contained him (Hanson is still a contender for Senior Athlete in that Region IMO). If they can keep that type of intensity, it will be close.
I do agree about the O line difference ... PRFL line is tough & bigger.
I am going to take EEK by 7...(instead of 6 because they appear to also have a decent kicker).
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Rivershark » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:56 pm

alphadawg wrote:The milnor game is a bad comparison. Hankey was still gimpy with the bad ankle. It seemed like the PRFL coaching staff was hesitant to run him that game. Probably rightly so since they could afford to lose a non-region game but not their top player. With a couple minutes left on the clock and the ball they called his number and it was game over even with the bad ankle.

How do Hankey and Gruinech match up size wise? I understand the home town spirit. It would be hard for me believe that there are many players that can match up against Hankey. If you can grab onto him, you still have to take him down. I've seen him dragging others players down the field with him.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wan2bqb » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:57 pm

I said I take EEK if your giving me more than 6 pts. I believe it will be a good game. I too was at the MNS-PRFL game and maybe its my Alzheimer's kicking in but didn't MNS get the ball drive down to the 30 or so and have a chance to win it at the end???? Pass broken up in the end zone???? Doesn't quite sound like give Mr. Hankey the ball "With a couple minutes left on the clock and the ball they called his number and it was game over even with the bad ankle." I believe they are good teams with great players. Whoever makes the biggest splash play will be the victor. I will be there to watch and I think the game will be entertaining nonetheless. I don't believe Mr. Gruniech gets the credit he deserve on defense either. Give me 6 pt and Ill take that bet all day. Less than 6 and I would have to ask the odds I'd take 5-2 then lol. Good luck all the PRFL and EEK faithful, just be careful and don't drink the koolaid just yet. 8)
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball4 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:04 pm

Rivershark wrote:

How do Hankey and Gruinech match up size wise? I understand the home town spirit. It would be hard for me believe that there are many players that can match up against Hankey. If you can grab onto him, you still have to take him down. I've seen him dragging others players down the field with him.

NDHSAA lists Hankey at 6'1" 218lbs....& Grueneich 6'0 190lbs. Not sure how much you can rely on those #s.
Also agree wan2bqb...he doesn't get all the credit he deserves on D.
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby wan2bqb » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:22 pm

bball4 wrote:
Rivershark wrote:

NDHSAA lists Hankey at 6'1" 218lbs....& Grueneich 6'0 190lbs. Not sure how much you can rely on those #s.
Also agree wan2bqb...he doesn't get all the credit he deserves on D.

Don't think in all honesty either of them is that big right now. Maybe 5 to 10 pounds less. Both are impressive and both run HARD
Take it for what it is, but I believe Gruniech has the edge in elusiveness, Hankey in straight speed, and power wise its a toss up. I know it seems to contradict my elusiveness statement but I think Gruniech might look for contact on more occasions but also has the better feet of the two. But like I said I would take either on my team no questions asked. And that team would be better for it. Two of the best in A ball and probably towards the top of the state in all classes. My opinion. EEK will key on Hankey and if they control him they win. I believe top to bottom EEK has more weapons but interior line play will be the key.
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball4 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:27 pm

Agree entirely on all points.
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:56 pm

If it comes down to two players I pick Hankey every day!! PRFL has EVERYONE BACK!! for the first time all year! PRFL BY 12!! Or more maybe 30 after watching hankey highlights against Harvey on max preps . PRFL is Peaking. Key on Hankey!! I think Harvey tried that :)
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:12 pm

Hankey and Gruniech are two of the best players in the state. I think this will be a clash of the titans with both teams keying on the other's best player. I think it will boil down to which of the two can overcome this being keyed on and make the most big plays. I would give Park River the edge up front but Ellendale-EK the edge on skill players (fullback, tight end, and a wide receiver are all very good). Park River has the skill players to match Ellendale's talent wise but there is a lack of consistency. It will boil down to turnovers and time of possession IMO. I think whichever team scores the first touchdown wins as both teams play much better with the lead than from behind. Should be a great game, I don't see it being more than 10 points either way and I would bet on a 6 point game. If Park River plays like the last few weeks I will take them to keep rolling, Park River 24 to 18.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby alphadawg » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:48 am

wan2bqb wrote:I said I take EEK if your giving me more than 6 pts. I believe it will be a good game. I too was at the MNS-PRFL game and maybe its my Alzheimer's kicking in but didn't MNS get the ball drive down to the 30 or so and have a chance to win it at the end???? Pass broken up in the end zone???? Doesn't quite sound like give Mr. Hankey the ball "With a couple minutes left on the clock and the ball they called his number and it was game over even with the bad ankle." I believe they are good teams with great players. Whoever makes the biggest splash play will be the victor. I will be there to watch and I think the game will be entertaining nonetheless. I don't believe Mr. Gruniech gets the credit he deserve on defense either. Give me 6 pt and Ill take that bet all day. Less than 6 and I would have to ask the odds I'd take 5-2 then lol. Good luck all the PRFL and EEK faithful, just be careful and don't drink the koolaid just yet. 8)

you are right he scored to fast. Left Hanson the ball with 30 seconds left and a strong wind at his back.

bball4 wrote:If we are talking about individual players, I would take Grueneich...because of what he does on both sides of the ball.

I don't know. I think I'd go with the 2 time 1st team all state LB but I'm a little biased. Been a long time since us PRFL fans have watched a game where the other team had the best player on the field.
alphadawg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RedDirtFan » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:14 pm

Whichever team establishes a physical presence right off the bat will win this game. That might be a bit of a "thank you, captain obvious" observation but I don't really care. Which team tackles better? Which team is more disciplined? Which team hits the big play while the other seems to miss on those opportunities?

It's hard to look at the paper and decide who has the advantage, because PRFL is as close to 100% as they've been all season. Similar matchups don't tell enough of the story.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Rivershark » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:10 am

PRFL by 20 points in a game that will be decide by halftime. Heh we all can have our own opinion.
Last edited by Rivershark on Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wan2bqb » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:15 pm

Opinions are what makes this site enjoyable, we all have them and we all are passionate about them. That's great but before you buy a one way ticket on the Jim Jones express to Guyana don't forget that this is football not badmitton. One or two plays can completely change the direction of a game. Im not here to bad mouth anyone but I have heard excuses "they aren't healthy or not 100%," what happens god forbid someone gets injured on the first or second series. Does that change the complexion of the game.
Yes it does. Which teams are best suited for a run, and can withstand an injury or two to make it deep in the playoffs. That team gets my vote. Here's hoping all teams stay healthy and have solid games. Like it or not this is why we all love the game so much and I truly wish each team success and health. Play hard, play clean, and stay healthy. Sunday we will have new games to argue over. lol. Until then. Good Day!
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball4 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:11 pm

Good point. Lots of comments about PRFL not being 100% during certain games throughout the season in these posts. I completely agree that injuries and illnesses are game changers...but how you deal with those things says a lot about the other players on the field and the coaches. I am rooting for EEK...probably somewhat because of their 'no excuses' appearance (even though I think the article in the Forum could have been played a time or two).
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby alphadawg » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:42 pm

PRFL dealt with it fine. Made it to the new season
alphadawg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bball4 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:47 pm

alphadawg wrote:PRFL dealt with it fine. Made it to the new season

Absolutely they did. They earned it. No disputing. Seriously. They are an incredibly talented group. lots of talent in A. I just happen to believe injuries shouldn't be to blame for losses (or close games). That's my opinion.
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby alphadawg » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:10 pm

At this point it takes a little luck. The good teams are left
alphadawg
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to A