Region Predictions

The teams in Class A

Region Predictions

Postby CountryDelight » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:17 pm

As for the western regions I have no idea but I have a clue on how the east will be
Region 1
1.Northern Cass
2.Carrington
3.EEK
4.Milnor-NS
5.Oak Grove
6.Oakes

Region 2
1.Larimore
2.PRFL
3.Langdon
4.Lakota
5.Harvey-WC
6.Rugby
CountryDelight
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Region Predictions

Postby alphadawg » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:49 am

I think you got 1 and 2 in wrong order in both regions. I think PRFL and Carrington will be on top again but that is why they play the games. But the regular season will just determine home field etc and it will depend on who can come into the playoffs the least banged up. No runaway favorite this year.
alphadawg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winners&losers » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:09 am

Region 3:
1. Velva/Sawyer
2. Des lacs/Burlington
3. Minot Ryan
4. Westhope/Newburg/Glenburn
5. Lewis & Clark-Berthold
6. Bottineau

Region 4:
1. Hazen
2. Killdeer
3. Southern McLean
4. Heart River
5. Garrison-Max
6. Standing Rock
winners&losers

Postby the old guy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:42 pm

In looking at Region 2, thought HWC would be ranked higher I thought I remembered they had a fairly young team last year.
the old guy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RedDirtFan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:26 pm

Region 2 looks to be PRFL and Larimore at the top, but there's talent coming back in every other program. The way to close the gap is to match the physicality of the top 2. I'm interested to see how Lakota has improved, in particular. I think Harvey will be solid, and if Langdon has better numbers and can avoid injuries, I'd like to see what they can do. I don't recall who Rugby lost to graduation, but I'm sure they'll be competitive.

I'm interested to see how affective PRFL's passing game proves to be this season. What made them such a great offense over the past few years is that they could run or pass, and pass at a higher level than usually seen in Class A. I think they've got a couple of good options at quarterback, but it'll be interesting to see who's more likely to throw the ball (and I haven't heard who's getting the reps in practice). I also think Larimore needs to continue with their commitment to the passing game they showed last season. Yes, they still ran primarily, but their passing game was improved, and it made a noticeable difference in their offense.

But what do we really know at this point? We aren't participating in baseless speculation, but there are always surprises.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby CountryDelight » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:52 pm

At least in region 2 I think the top 2 are head and shoulders above the competition, while 3-6 could be decided by coin flip, should be some good games come conference schedule games
CountryDelight
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RedDirtFan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:23 pm

CountryDelight wrote:At least in region 2 I think the top 2 are head and shoulders above the competition, while 3-6 could be decided by coin flip, should be some good games come conference schedule games

I'm really looking forward to the PRFL/Larimore matchup. I might not be able to attend the game but think it could be one of the best Class A games of the year.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Return to A