Larimore/Carrington.

The teams in Class A

Larimore/Carrington.

Postby madseason » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:44 am

I think this is going to be a great game. I'm picking Larimore with the upset. What are your thoughts on this game?
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Larimore/Carrington.

Postby Rivershark » Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:30 pm

That's what I've been asking all season, has Carrington played an really good teams or are they just beating up on bad teams. I guess we'll find out Saturday.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RedDirtFan » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:30 pm

Regardless of who they've played, Carrington, like PRFL, is beating opponents by 40 or 50. They're a great team, but so is Larimore. This will be a good game if Larimore can limit the big play, because they're not a strike fast kind of offense. Their main running backs both average well over 5 yards a carry--they are a grind it out, ball-control type of team. The most points they've allowed since PRFL is 18. Otherwise, they've allowed 6 or 0 in most other games. They are tested when it comes to defending the pass because most of Region 2 runs offenses based out of the shotgun formation (including Larimore). Carrington has passed the ball extremely well, so it's a new challenge for Larimore. It all comes down to limiting big plays.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:23 pm

RedDirtFan wrote:Regardless of who they've played, Carrington, like PRFL, is beating opponents by 40 or 50. They're a great team, but so is Larimore. This will be a good game if Larimore can limit the big play, because they're not a strike fast kind of offense. Their main running backs both average well over 5 yards a carry--they are a grind it out, ball-control type of team. The most points they've allowed since PRFL is 18. Otherwise, they've allowed 6 or 0 in most other games. They are tested when it comes to defending the pass because most of Region 2 runs offenses based out of the shotgun formation (including Larimore). Carrington has passed the ball extremely well, so it's a new challenge for Larimore. It all comes down to limiting big plays.
I agree. I think if Larimore can run the ball and grind out some long drives therefore limiting the Carrington offence they have a shot. If they have to air it out like they had to against PRFL I think they lose. Turnovers could be key to who wins. Larimore had way too many turnovers against PRFL.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HammerTime » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:54 pm

I'm picking Carrington. Carrington has, like Park River, been destroying teams left and right this year. I'm looking for a similar result to the Park River/Larimore game. Carrington by 30.
HammerTime
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:29 am

HammerTime wrote:I'm picking Carrington. Carrington has, like Park River, been destroying teams left and right this year. I'm looking for a similar result to the Park River/Larimore game. Carrington by 30.
Your probably right but I think it will be a closer game than that. Only reason PRFL beat them that bad was the 28 points in the fourth. Mostly points off turnovers.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PrepFBrules » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:59 am

Short of multiple turnovers by the Cardinals, Carrington by 3 tds. Too much talent, speed, and big play ability. Semi-final game against PRFL could be another story all together. Get there early, the seating in Carrington not cool!
PrepFBrules
NDPreps Starter

Postby RattlerWebWonk » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:46 am

You can't say Larimore has no chance because injuries, etc. can happen at any time, but all things equal, I think the only thing that beats Carrington in this game is Carrington.
RattlerWebWonk
NDPreps Starter

Postby RedDirtFan » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:02 am

I love how we're all speculating but most or all of us have only seen one of these teams play--this includes me, obviously. I haven't seen Carrington play. Quite frankly, I'm sure most of us will be surprised by the outcome regardless of what happens.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby YMCMB » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:53 pm

I'm going with carington in this one 34-21. Larimore is big but I think carington has the speed to get outside and cause trouble for larimore defenders.
YMCMB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby steel » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:53 am

Carrington will win by 20+,especially at home. Larimore might have a chance if there is a lot of rain to negate the speed advantage.
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby RedDirtFan » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:13 am

Has anybody here been able to watch both teams play?
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndmn » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:24 pm

I have seen both Carrington and PRFL play and would place PRFL ahead of Carrington....as far as Carrington vs Larimore..I am picking the upset by Larimore...have some knowledge of the style and players.....and just have a hunch that Larimore could do it...
ndmn
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Rivershark » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:45 pm

ndmn wrote:I have seen both Carrington and PRFL play and would place PRFL ahead of Carrington....as far as Carrington vs Larimore..I am picking the upset by Larimore...have some knowledge of the style and players.....and just have a hunch that Larimore could do it...

So what makes you pick PRFL over Carrington? Give us the run down.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 5-time state chump » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:03 am

Carrington 36
Larimore 14
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wan2bqb » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:51 am

Have seen both teams play also. Both very talented. PRFL is more physical in my opinion. Maybe a little quicker too. I think both Carrington and PRFL hold serve this week and next week we get treated to a doozy of a semi- final. But if it happens I am picking PRFL.
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby 4031sports » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:27 pm

Our North Dakota Class A Playoff blog has been updated. Also the inspiration behind each team's designs are shared so check it out and leave us your thoughts in the comment section! Local times for each game are posted in the bracket as well. Again good luck and safe travels to all the teams this weekend!

http://www.4031sports.com/#!North-Dakot ... da0e906d31
4031sports
NDPreps Rookie

Postby madseason » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:35 pm

5-time state chump wrote:Carrington 36
Larimore 14
No Way ! Carrington by 2 if they are lucky and don't get beat up? Go Bears!! :lol:
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RedDirtFan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:38 pm

madseason wrote:
5-time state chump wrote:Carrington 36
Larimore 14
No Way ! Carrington by 2 if they are lucky and don't get beat up? Go Bears!! :lol:

I doubt the point spread is that large, too, but Larimore is not equipped to battle back from a large deficit. They have to weather the storm early in the game and take some time off the clock with long drives.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan70 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:17 am

I have seen both larimore and carrington play. Larimore twice and carrington once.
Offensively: really depends on what larimore can do on 1st down and 2nd down if they can hold larimore to 2 or 3 yards both downs they put larimore in a passing situation and carrington can get after the qb. The hofer boys for larimore keep blockers off their lbs very well. That puts them 1 on 1 with Cole Ferguson and Carr. I am giving a slight edge to carrington because Ferguson can absolutely fly and is strong. Although larimores inside lbs are very good, all state worthy.

Defensively: larimores d is the best I have seen it in years like I said if they can keep the big plays to a minimum they will be in business. Carrington has to hold up vs the scrum, if their 2 interior linemen can get inside the pullers and the down blocks they will really shut down larimore. If only it were that easy for carrington. Larimore probably will find a way get around that and then Ferguson will have to clean up. He is capable but the larimore backs are very patient and will find some holes.

Comes down to carringtons big play ability vs larimores ability to move the ball on 1st and 2nd down.

I'll give the edge to carrington 22-16.
ndfbfan70
NDPreps Starter

Postby PrepFBrules » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:10 pm

Carrington's line was without question the difference in the game. Once carrington got on a role, there was no stopping them. Larimore only scored in 4th quarter with some cgtn jV in on D.
PrepFBrules
NDPreps Starter

Return to A