2015 State Bracket

The teams in Class A

Re: 2015 State Bracket

Postby madseason » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:06 pm

winners&losers wrote:G5: R2 #2 (#4) Larimore (8-1) @ R1 #1 (#2) Carrington (8-0)
G6: R1 #2 (RV) Northern Cass (8-1) @ R2 #1 (#1) Park River-FL (8-0)
G7: R3 #3 Velva/Sawyer (7-2) @ R3 #1 (RV) Bishop Ryan (6-2)
G8: R3 #2 Westhope-Newburg-Glenburn (7-2) @ R4 #1 (#3) Killdeer (7-1)

Carrington over Larimore, from what I hear, they just have too much speed. This could turn out to be one of the better games to watch this round.

Park River-FL over Northern Cass. I just don't think Northern Cass has enough weapons to compete with Park River. I'm thinking it will be around a 25 point spread.

Velva/Sawyer over Bishop Ryan. V/S has one of the most decorated coaches in North Dakota High School Football history, and I will take experience over a young gun this game. Ryan will be more than prepared to give them a fight, so I do believe Ryan will make this a closer game than the previous matchup (36-6 Velva).

Westhope-Newburg-Glenburn over Killdeer. This in my mind is the game of the week. WNG matches up really well with Killdeer, but they will have to be able to pass the ball to win. Killdeer has big bodies on the line, and are fairly athletic for their size. Should be a fun one, wish I could get out to Killdeer for this one.
Thanks for the Info. Had no clue on the west. You could be right on, on the East But Larimore wants revenge against PRFL? Larimore over Carrington.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:11 pm

HSsportFan wrote:My picks for first round
Larimore, Northern Cass, Velva, Westhope
Northern Cass over PRFL? LOL!!Wake up! I hope no one from Northern Cass ends up in the Ambulance. First team PRFL is worse than any of your your nightmares.on Halloween.
:lol:
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NodakQ2 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:19 pm

madseason wrote:
Northern Cass over PRFL? LOL!!Wake up! I hope no one from Northern Cass ends up in the Ambulance. First team PRFL is worse than any of your your nightmares.on Halloween.

Mad...I think you need a little reading comprehension: He says "My picks for FIRST round"...So that would be Northern Cass over Harvey.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:29 pm

madseason wrote:

This is why you read the post before you jump to conclusions and make a fool of yourself:

by HSsportFan » October 23rd, 2015, 6:10 pm
My picks for first round
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bisonation6 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:39 pm

winners&losers wrote:G5: R2 #2 (#4) Larimore (8-1) @ R1 #1 (#2) Carrington (8-0)
G7: R3 #3 Velva/Sawyer (7-2) @ R3 #1 (RV) Bishop Ryan (6-2)

Carrington over Larimore, from what I hear, they just have too much speed. This could turn out to be one of the better games to watch this round.

Park River-FL over Northern Cass. I just don't think Northern Cass has enough weapons to compete with Park River. I'm thinking it will be around a 25 point spread.

Velva/Sawyer over Bishop Ryan. V/S has one of the most decorated coaches in North Dakota High School Football history, and I will take experience over a young gun this game. Ryan will be more than prepared to give them a fight, so I do believe Ryan will make this a closer game than the previous matchup (36-6 Velva).

Westhope-Newburg-Glenburn over Killdeer. This in my mind is the game of the week. WNG matches up really well with Killdeer, but they will have to be able to pass the ball to win. Killdeer has big bodies on the line, and are fairly athletic for their size. Should be a fun one, wish I could get out to Killdeer for this one.

Larry Sandy may be very seasoned but for a young gun, Ryan's coach is probably the best you could get out of a young gun in this country. Has a lot of experience and seasoning. Son of a tremendous football guy who is a brilliant offensive mind. You can say what you want about Paul Rudolph as a head coach at Minot State but he has the skills for a very good assistant now at UND and they are happy with him. Zach,unlike Larry has collegiate coaching experience and have heard Bishop Ryan would rather have him coaching their team instead of that Borkhuis guy whom I have heard irritated some Ryan people during their playoff run two years ago and some vilified him for the upset loss to Wahpeton that year. Even a referee told me they can tell Ryan does better with Rudolph. One head coach may be old enough to be another's Dad in this contest but despite the totally different spectrums, I think this game will come down to the play and the coaching will be just as effective for both clubs. Nothing away from Larry but I don't think this will have an impact.
bisonation6
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovwatchingsports » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:49 pm

1. you should not even brought Borkhuis into the comment. No reason to put the man down.
2. If you coach long enough there will be people that they could do better. but hind-sight is 20/20.
3. You sound like your from Ryan.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby HSsportFan » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:59 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
madseason wrote:

This is why you read the post before you jump to conclusions and make a fool of yourself:

My picks for first round

Run Thanks for th support on this one Mad must have missed:

Saturday, October 31st
G5: R2 #2 (#4) Larimore (8-1) @ R1 #1 (#2) Carrington (8-0)
G7: R3 #3Velva/Sawyer (7-2) @ R3 #1 (RV) Bishop Ryan (6-2)

Picking two upsets in the West, I believe both Velva and WNG will be well prepared to pull off the upsets. The West is pretty balanced so play the games and lets find out who plays next week. If it so happens to fall this way PR will travel to Carrington and Velva would travel to WNG.

Since everyone is adding points I thought I would give mine:
Carrington by 20
PRFL by 24
Velva by 4
WNG by 18
HSsportFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bisonation6 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:20 pm

I don't know anything about Borkhuis. I have just been told some people didn't like him, but I guess everyone has their fans and not. He must have done something right though to turn their program around. But the point is, high school football coaches are high school football coaches when you have two good teams in the playoffs. And the point I was trying to make was: People made it sound like Bishop Ryan is in an unfortunate situation with who is coaching them. I guarantee you they don't regret their hirings and their dismissals. And that coaching may help a team through rough patches in the season and helping them rebound, but I don't think it will that often determine a game as long as their isn't turnover on the coaching staff in the middle of the season or something. Borkhuis beat Dan Smrekar (probably the Larry Sandy of AA) in 2013. Would have you said
That shouldn't have happened? Then another legend, Oksendahl got beat by Dan Smrekar in the AA title last year. Shouldn't that have been a fairly even game in your mind? Or how about Davies' coach (can't remember name) beating Minots Barry Holmen last year? You can find veteran after Veteran coach getting beat by a newer guy. It has nothing to do with me putting a man down. Was just trying to draw lines saying I think Bishop Ryan would probably be comfortable with their guy. Clearly they think he was worth it if they wanted him over the coach who took them to the AA west final. Odd to see changes right after a successful couple of years.
bisonation6
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:51 am

HSsportFan wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
madseason wrote:

My picks for first round

Run Thanks for th support on this one Mad must have missed:

Saturday, October 31st
G5: R2 #2 (#4) Larimore (8-1) @ R1 #1 (#2) Carrington (8-0)
G7: R3 #3Velva/Sawyer (7-2) @ R3 #1 (RV) Bishop Ryan (6-2)

Picking two upsets in the West, I believe both Velva and WNG will be well prepared to pull off the upsets. The West is pretty balanced so play the games and lets find out who plays next week. If it so happens to fall this way PR will travel to Carrington and Velva would travel to WNG.

Since everyone is adding points I thought I would give mine:
Carrington by 20
PRFL by 24
Velva by 4
WNG by 18
Yep. MY BAD! Sorry HSsportfan. You were 100% right. :)
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:29 pm

Guess Killdeer was ready to play
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby madseason » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:42 pm

The Schwab wrote:Guess Killdeer was ready to play
Yea that score surprised me. Killdeer must be peaking at the right time.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bisonation6 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:48 pm

I just can't figure out region 3? WNG over Velva by 20, Ryan over WNG by 13, then Velva over Ryan by 30 and 28. Teams match up differently and Ryan beating WNG makes sense as Ryan seems to win that trench battle. Velva is much better than Ryan on the line but I can't see how WNG dominated Velva since Velva probably has the best line in the region with WNG near the middle of the pack. I also can't see how Velva could not manage to beat WNG with the blocking upfield in front of the RB and Vedaa when they run. It seems like Ryan had no troubling tackling and blocking vs WNG but Ryan can't tackle anyone from Velva even with four arms wrapped around em or block.

Ryan also played their best football their last 3 games and tonight it was like the clock was turned back to the level of play it was like last time they played Velva.

I think the week off is a disadvantage. Might be better to get a 2 seed more often than not.
bisonation6
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:37 pm

bisonation6 wrote:I just can't figure out region 3? WNG over Velva by 20, Ryan over WNG by 13, then Velva over Ryan by 30 and 28. Teams match up differently and Ryan beating WNG makes sense as Ryan seems to win that trench battle. Velva is much better than Ryan on the line but I can't see how WNG dominated Velva since Velva probably has the best line in the region with WNG near the middle of the pack. I also can't see how Velva could not manage to beat WNG with the blocking upfield in front of the RB and Vedaa when they run. It seems like Ryan had no troubling tackling and blocking vs WNG but Ryan can't tackle anyone from Velva even with four arms wrapped around em or block.

Ryan also played their best football their last 3 games and tonight it was like the clock was turned back to the level of play it was like last time they played Velva.

I think the week off is a disadvantage. Might be better to get a 2 seed more often than not.
I think the week off is a disadvantage if your healthy. If your a little banged up the week off is huge.IMO.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby captain-crunch » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:13 pm

I spoke with a Killdeer player and he felt that the bye was 'ok' and helped them rest up. That said, he said the coaching staff picked up the intensity a bit to simulate regular week practice before a game. Apparently it paid off with the huge score over WNG. We'll see if they can keep up the pace against Velva. I agree bisonnation6 - with that sort of outcome from those games, I did not expect the blowout that Killdeer delivered on WNG. If we go by those outcomes, Killdeer shouldn't have much trouble against Velva - but we know better than that, Velva is a great team and Killdeer has no illusions that they are anything but that. I'm hoping for a very close, entertaining and injury-free game.
captain-crunch
NDPreps Reserve

Postby madseason » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:29 pm

captain-crunch wrote:I spoke with a Killdeer player and he felt that the bye was 'ok' and helped them rest up. That said, he said the coaching staff picked up the intensity a bit to simulate regular week practice before a game. Apparently it paid off with the huge score over WNG. We'll see if they can keep up the pace against Velva. I agree bisonnation6 - with that sort of outcome from those games, I did not expect the blowout that Killdeer delivered on WNG. If we go by those outcomes, Killdeer shouldn't have much trouble against Velva - but we know better than that, Velva is a great team and Killdeer has no illusions that they are anything but that. I'm hoping for a very close, entertaining and injury-free game.
Just giving Captain Crunch a thumbs up. I think you are right on the money. :) The Velva/ Killdeer game could come down to coaching? And they both have great coaches IMO. Guess I was Wrong Not the first time :)
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to A