Killdeer/ Hazen

The teams in Class A

Killdeer/ Hazen

Postby madseason » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:54 pm

Who wins and why? Is this the best in the west or WNG Velva or someone else have a chance?
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Killdeer/ Hazen

Postby JMHS » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:56 pm

Got to go with Killdeer. Word is that Hazen could be without a couple key players. I like WNG to take the west.
JMHS
NDPreps Starter

Postby RattlerWebWonk » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:07 am

In the one game I've seen each team play (Hazen & Killdeer), Killdeer looked to be more physical. Come October and November , that goes a long way.

As for WNG, I'm starting to drink their kool aid. They looked much better vs Velva than they did early in the year vs Hazen. They have size,experience and athleticism.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I'm sure glad I live in the west. Theres a lot of potentially good matchups. The playoffs are going to be one heck of a show!
RattlerWebWonk
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball4444 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:26 pm

JMHS wrote:Got to go with Killdeer. Word is that Hazen could be without a couple key players. I like WNG to take the west.

Agree also here. Killdeer very physical, coached well for playoff time and play hard. I also heard Hazen to be without 4 main starters which is huge as Hazen lacks depth and the playmakers on both sides of ball now. I also take WNG in the west. (Not counting Killdeer out completely)
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby Tide04 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:48 am

Keep drinking your kool-aid. WNG in the West? Took two 4th quarter TD's against Hazen's 2nd team(and I might add a very astute observation in another post....no depth in Hazen) to close it to 44-28. Looked better against Velva? I'm sure they did as Velva had a competitive game with Southern McLean. Region 3 isn't what it has been.......the West goes through Killdeer or Hazen this year.(and yes.....even missing some players I think Hazen beats WNG.....Killdeer?....no comment)
Tide04
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HSsportFan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:55 pm

I'll take some of that Kool-Aid, if Hazen is missing the people I heard they are missing I will take WNG in Westhope since odd-year odd-region all games have to go through WNG. I also believe with out these players Killdeer will be able to handle them. I have had the opportunity to see Velva, Hazen, WNG, and Park River this year and of these PR looks like the team to beat right now.
HSsportFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Jeff Baranick » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:59 pm

I've also had the opportunity to see both Killdeer and Hazen in action. If both were at full strength, I'd give the edge to Hazen in a head-to-head matchup. But absent some key players, I think Hazen will be the underdog this weekend. Killdeer impressed me with its physical play on both sides of the ball, and I believe that ingredient will give the Cowboys the edge over Hazen this Friday. At this juncture of the season, Killdeer may be the best team in the west.
Jeff Baranick
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Fballfan29 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:43 pm

If Killdeer wins his game (my opinion they can do so because of players being out for Hazen) where does Killdeer deserve to be ranked? At #3 being Hazen beat WNG earlier this season or does WNG move up to #3? Just curious on what everyone thinks!
Fballfan29
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winners&losers » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:38 pm

Ffballfan29, good question! Just by looking at the numbers, you would think Killdeer would get the #3 spot. That being because Hazen already beat W-N-G. But you have to take into consideration that W-N-G played them when Hazen had their full team. So if the poll voters take that into consideration, I believe W-N-G will move to #3 if they win and and Killdeer wins. But W-N-G has Minot Ryan this weekend, and that won't be as bad of a game as everyone might think.
winners&losers

Postby jtdc492 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:46 pm

Does Southern McLean have a chance knocking Hazen into number 3 spot? I think Kildeer is the favorite, but with 3-4 starters out for Hazen can they hang on to 2nd in the region?
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfootball4444 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:13 pm

winners&losers wrote:Ffballfan29, good question! Just by looking at the numbers, you would think Killdeer would get the #3 spot. That being because Hazen already beat W-N-G. But you have to take into consideration that W-N-G played them when Hazen had their full team. So if the poll voters take that into consideration, I believe W-N-G will move to #3 if they win and and Killdeer wins. But W-N-G has Minot Ryan this weekend, and that won't be as bad of a game as everyone might think.

Rankings, a person would think Killdeer gets the #3 spot being undefeated while knocking out Hazen. They should get #1 spot in Region 4 for sure. Looking ahead they would go to Region 3's- #1, that being W/N/G which would be a great game. I think Southern Mclean does have a chance of beating Hazen at home in a tight one. Hazen missing key players (5 starters now I heard) is just to big and HAD that #1 spot in region 4 wrapped up. Can Minot Ryan give W/N/G a game this wknd??? W/N/G is prolly safe there. Semi-finals are gonna be great though!
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:20 pm

ndfootball4444 wrote:
winners&losers wrote:Ffballfan29, good question! Just by looking at the numbers, you would think Killdeer would get the #3 spot. That being because Hazen already beat W-N-G. But you have to take into consideration that W-N-G played them when Hazen had their full team. So if the poll voters take that into consideration, I believe W-N-G will move to #3 if they win and and Killdeer wins. But W-N-G has Minot Ryan this weekend, and that won't be as bad of a game as everyone might think.

Rankings, a person would think Killdeer gets the #3 spot being undefeated while knocking out Hazen. They should get #1 spot in Region 4 for sure. Looking ahead they would go to Region 3's- #1, that being W/N/G which would be a great game. I think Southern Mclean does have a chance of beating Hazen at home in a tight one. Hazen missing key players (5 starters now I heard) is just to big and HAD that #1 spot in region 4 wrapped up. Can Minot Ryan give W/N/G a game this wknd??? W/N/G is prolly safe there. Semi-finals are gonna be great though!

Killdeer is not undefeated on the season...they lost to Trinity to open the season.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndfootball4444 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:26 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ndfootball4444 wrote:

Killdeer is not undefeated on the season...they lost to Trinity to open the season.

Yes your right I forgot, I was thinking undefeated in class A play...still getting the #3 spot ??? ha
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby RattlerWebWonk » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:08 pm

Why will Hazen be missing so many kids...injuries or "other" reasons?

If you go by common opponents, as so many of you want to do, then Hazen should win by about 18.
WNG beat DL-B by 26. Killdeer beat DL-B by 28
Hazen beat WNG by 16.

Something tells me the game is going to be closer than 18 points.
RattlerWebWonk
NDPreps Starter

Postby Fballfan29 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:25 pm

I believe "other reasons"
Fballfan29
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EEDA » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:47 pm

Fballfan29 wrote:I believe "other reasons"

BINGO !
EEDA
NDPreps Starter

Postby Barfly » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:03 pm

RattlerWebWonk wrote:Why will Hazen be missing so many kids...injuries or "other" reasons?

If you go by common opponents, as so many of you want to do, then Hazen should win by about 18.
Hazen beat WNG by 16.

If Hazen has a few starters missing then this will be a test of their depth. When it all shakes out it boils down to talent, desire and toughness. Good luck to both teams !
Barfly
NDPreps Starter

Postby JMHS » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:48 pm

Barfly wrote:
RattlerWebWonk wrote:Why will Hazen be missing so many kids...injuries or "other" reasons?

Hazen beat WNG by 16.

If Hazen has a few starters missing then this will be a test of their depth. When it all shakes out it boils down to talent, desire and toughness. Good luck to both teams !

....sometimes it comes down to who wants it more . Should be a great game !
JMHS
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:21 am

I hate to see this! Its football season boys Watch your Ps and Qs!!!! LOL I don't know what Ps and Q's means but that was what I was told. :lol:
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby wan2bqb » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:33 pm

madseason wrote:
I hate to see this! Its football season boys Watch your Ps and Qs!!!! LOL I don't know what Ps and Q's means but that was what I was told. :lol:

HAHAHA don't ask why I know this but P's and Q's is referring to pints and quarts. Its and old English Pub saying for bartenders to Mind their Pints and Quarts. P's and Q's.
wan2bqb
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball4444 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:29 pm

Wow the Bison are in rough shape there for sure. I believe there is like 6 starters out either due to ineligibility, other reasons and 2 players out to year ending injuries...concussions etc. Odds are highly against them now as they prolly had the west wrapped up. Killdeer may rest easy for now. 1410 should have that game going ??
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby RattlerWebWonk » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:04 pm

How about a rundown for those of us who were at other games! Was it "closer than the score indicates"? Was it a fluke win or was Killdeer clearly a better team?

C'mon, man! This was the "game of the week", doesn't anyone want to share what happened?
RattlerWebWonk
NDPreps Starter

Postby FBmom » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:09 pm

I was there and I think the game was not as close as the score indicates. It felt like Killdeer had control of the game the whole time. I am kind of partial, but I also try to be realistic.
FBmom
NDPreps Reserve

Return to A