PRFL vs Carrington?

The teams in Class A

Re: PRFL vs Carrington?

Postby madseason » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:50 pm

Sleepy wrote:
steel wrote:Anybody know the status of Cole Ferguson for Saturday

My guess is that you won't find out from the adults on this website. But I bet most high school kids can find out from Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or Facebook!
Yep according to those sources doesn't look good for him. I feel for any senior that goes down so close to a championship. I'll bet he will be the inspiration and soul of the team on the sidelines. If its true its a huge loss for Carrington but they are just like PRFL in that if one goes down the depth is there. Lots of weapons. I think PRFL is getting their spark plug back.(Zimmerman). The rest of PRFL I think is healthy? Where is BEK sports?
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Blackheart » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:49 am

Wondering how the location for this game is determined? Why does the top A team in the state not get a home game here?
Blackheart
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:55 am

Blackheart wrote:Wondering how the location for this game is determined? Why does the top A team in the state not get a home game here?

Both are #1 seeds in their respective region...odd year so therefore the Odd region (Region 1) gets to host; even year...even hosts.

Also, again, the rankings don't really mean anything...if they did then why would we play the game?!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby RedDirtFan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:07 pm

What a dominant performance by PRFL's defense.
Carrington's lone TD was their only trip inside the 20 yard line, and was the result of a halfback pass. This was a lot like their performance in Larimore last season. Credit to every kid on the team for their performance, today.

Let's also be sure to give the Cardinals credit for the fight they showed today, though. It had to be tough to lose Ferguson, but they gave the Aggies their best shot. Their line was big and got off the ball fast, particularly Copenhaver. Congratulations to them on a great season.

What a treat it's been to watch this PRFL team this season, and hopefully they've got another great performance up their sleeve next week.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Rivershark » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:12 am

What a heck of a football game. The first half was pretty evenly matched, but PRFL came out with a vengeance the 2nd half. The score would have been much worse if it weren't for PRFL's unnecessary penalties. I was also really surprised to see that there were what looked more PRFL fans than Carrington fans. Unbelievable how many fans made the 2 1/2 hour drive.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Blackheart » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:34 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Blackheart wrote:Wondering how the location for this game is determined? Why does the top A team in the state not get a home game here?

Both are #1 seeds in their respective region...odd year so therefore the Odd region (Region 1) gets to host; even year...even hosts.

Also, again, the rankings don't really mean anything...if they did then why would we play the game?!

Thanks for the info.
Blackheart
NDPreps Starter

Postby PrepFBrules » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:59 pm

Rivershark wrote:What a heck of a football game. The first half was pretty evenly matched, but PRFL came out with a vengeance the 2nd half. The score would have been much worse if it weren't for PRFL's unnecessary penalties. I was also really surprised to see that there were what looked more PRFL fans than Carrington fans. Unbelievable how many fans made the 2 1/2 hour drive.

Great game indeed, as far as the number Carrington fans, many choose not to sit in the stands. great turnout all around.
PrepFBrules
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:04 am

RedDirtFan wrote:What a dominant performance by PRFL's defense.
Carrington's lone TD was their only trip inside the 20 yard line, and was the result of a halfback pass. This was a lot like their performance in Larimore last season. Credit to every kid on the team for their performance, today.

Let's also be sure to give the Cardinals credit for the fight they showed today, though. It had to be tough to lose Ferguson, but they gave the Aggies their best shot. Their line was big and got off the ball fast, particularly Copenhaver. Congratulations to them on a great season.

What a treat it's been to watch this PRFL team this season, and hopefully they've got another great performance up their sleeve next week.
I agree Carrington put up a good fight. I think any other year with the talent they have they would be playing in the bowl. Just ran into a team that has one of the best defenses I've ever seen.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:53 pm

ndfootball4444 wrote:
Rivershark wrote:
madseason wrote:
ndfootball4444 wrote:No easy task against PRFL, but gonna pick Carrington as they finally get to the big game this year. Could be the game of the season.
The more the season rolls on I'm thinking this game is going to happen BUT I would not count Larimore out Just yet. When you look at the numbers these teams are almost identical. Reminds me of PRFL and Killdeer last year, like looking in a mirror. If it happens it will be a great game . My pick would be the PRFL baseball players step it up and get revenge for the state Legion game :D

The numbers on this site aren't saying much other than these are two really good teams. I'm curious to see what the individual stats have to say. How many points you score against the same team isn't a good indicator of how good you are. PRFL has some really talented athletes that are putting out some outstanding numbers this season. I would sure love to hear more on how Carrington is as team and how they would stake up against PRFL.

Carrington seemed balanced on offense and very good defense. They should match up well against PR/F/L. Havnt seen PR/F/L play, but who else can match up any better in the east??? These semi's are gonna be better than state ha..love it.
Yep. Better than State. :)
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to A