PRFL vs Carrington?

The teams in Class A

PRFL vs Carrington?

Postby steel » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:39 am

I know this is a ways off to look ahead, but these two seem like they are head and shoulders above everyone in Class A this year. Who would have homefield this year because they would meet in the semis. How does everyone think this possible matchup would turnout? Carrington is the only team I believe that has a shot at dethroning the Aggies barring any injuries on either side. Larimore might have a little to say about that or Hazen/Killdeer, Velva but I don't see any of those teams being able to matchup with these two. I think the true Championship game will be played in the semis this year. Any insights, comments
steel
NDPreps Starter

Re: PRFL vs Carrington?

Postby d_fense » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:24 am

Carrington would have home field since it is an odd numbered year.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Rivershark » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:00 pm

Has Carrington played any real good teams this year or are they just blowing out mediocare teams? I watched PRFL scrimmage against Red River, Central and a team from Winnipeg and I felt they were the better of the four teams. PRFL has to many weapons they can go with.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RedDirtFan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:36 pm

Impossible to speculate without seeing both teams play. Aside from that, there's a long way to go.
Last edited by RedDirtFan on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby NodakQ2 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:37 pm

Rivershark wrote:Has Carrington played any real good teams this year or are they just blowing out mediocare teams? I watched PRFL scrimmage against Red River, Central and a team from Winnipeg and I felt they were the better of the four teams. PRFL has to many weapons they can go with.

Unless Park River, Larimore, Hazen and maybe Velva, are on the schedule in "A" you are stuck playing "mediocre" teams. Undefeated Northern Cass plays Carrington this weekend, so we will see how that goes.

If everyone stays healthy, I too agree the best two teams in "A" may play in the Semi Final.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Rivershark » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:27 am

So how does everyone feel these two teams would stack up against each other? They've play a few of the same teams with very similar scores. From what I know, PRFL's starters usually play the entire first half plus one series in the 3rd against everyone except Larimore. What have Carrington's games looked like? Does Carrington run the ball or air it out?
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:40 pm

Rivershark wrote:So how does everyone feel these two teams would stack up against each other? They've play a few of the same teams with very similar scores. From what I know, PRFL's starters usually play the entire first half plus one series in the 3rd against everyone except Larimore. What have Carrington's games looked like? Does Carrington run the ball or air it out?
From some of the tape I've seen looks like they have a very good passing game. Haven't seen many highlights of their running game. PRFL has struggled a little on pass protection. But they have usually turned it around by the end of games.(lots of interceptions) I'm thinking it would be a great game.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfootball4444 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:28 am

No easy task against PRFL, but gonna pick Carrington as they finally get to the big game this year. Could be the game of the season.
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:32 pm

ndfootball4444 wrote:No easy task against PRFL, but gonna pick Carrington as they finally get to the big game this year. Could be the game of the season.
The more the season rolls on I'm thinking this game is going to happen BUT I would not count Larimore out Just yet. When you look at the numbers these teams are almost identical. Reminds me of PRFL and Killdeer last year, like looking in a mirror. If it happens it will be a great game . My pick would be the PRFL baseball players step it up and get revenge for the state Legion championship game :D
Last edited by madseason on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Rivershark » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:47 pm

madseason wrote:
ndfootball4444 wrote:No easy task against PRFL, but gonna pick Carrington as they finally get to the big game this year. Could be the game of the season.
The more the season rolls on I'm thinking this game is going to happen BUT I would not count Larimore out Just yet. When you look at the numbers these teams are almost identical. Reminds me of PRFL and Killdeer last year, like looking in a mirror. If it happens it will be a great game . My pick would be the PRFL baseball players step it up and get revenge for the state Legion game :D

The numbers on this site aren't saying much other than these are two really good teams. I'm curious to see what the individual stats have to say. How many points you score against the same team isn't a good indicator of how good you are. PRFL has some really talented athletes that are putting out some outstanding numbers this season. I would sure love to hear more on how Carrington is as team and how they would stake up against PRFL.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfootball4444 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:22 pm

Rivershark wrote:
madseason wrote:
The more the season rolls on I'm thinking this game is going to happen BUT I would not count Larimore out Just yet. When you look at the numbers these teams are almost identical. Reminds me of PRFL and Killdeer last year, like looking in a mirror. If it happens it will be a great game . My pick would be the PRFL baseball players step it up and get revenge for the state Legion game :D

The numbers on this site aren't saying much other than these are two really good teams. I'm curious to see what the individual stats have to say. How many points you score against the same team isn't a good indicator of how good you are. PRFL has some really talented athletes that are putting out some outstanding numbers this season. I would sure love to hear more on how Carrington is as team and how they would stake up against PRFL.

Carrington seemed balanced on offense and very good defense. They should match up well against PR/F/L. Havnt seen PR/F/L play, but who else can match up any better in the east??? These semi's are gonna be better than state ha..love it.
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby Rivershark » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:10 pm

So has anyone seen both Carrington and PRFL play this season?
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RedDirtFan » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Rivershark wrote:So has anyone seen both Carrington and PRFL play this season?

Coaches and players from Rugby, Langdon, Milnor, and Oak Grove.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Rivershark » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:14 am

Just wondering how these two teams would stack up if they end up meeting in the semi finals. Which team do you think has the stronger defense, offense, and special teams. What are the big stats for each team? Any players breaking an school records?
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RedDirtFan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:48 pm

I think posters from both communities are playing the "don't reveal too much" game, which adds to the intrigue of the potential matchup, in my opinion.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:53 pm

Rivershark wrote:Just wondering how these two teams would stack up if they end up meeting in the semi finals. Which team do you think has the stronger defense, offense, and special teams. What are the big stats for each team? Any players breaking an school records?
Cayden Hunter broke the all time TD record for PRFL a couple games back. I think that record is going to stand for a long time. He's not close to done yet. :D
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Rivershark » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:27 pm

So it looks like we are in for a great football game. PRFL had another outstanding game. Only scores came against the JV team.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby CountryDelight » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:53 pm

Park River 54 Carrington 16
CountryDelight
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:56 pm

CountryDelight wrote:Park River 54 Carrington 16
I think it was 56-13
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:00 pm

madseason wrote:
I think it was 56-13

I think CountryDelight is predicting the score already.

Yes Park River won 56-13 today vs Northern Cass.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby madseason » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:07 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
madseason wrote:
I think it was 56-13

I think CountryDelight is predicting the score already.

Yes Park River won 56-13 today vs Northern Cass.
Oh I see that now. I think it'll be a lot closer.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Rivershark » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:35 am

Sounds like both Carrington and PRFL had good games. Unfortunately Carrington may have lost one of their key players. Either way I cannot imagine Carrington beating PRFL. I've never seen a team with so many outstanding players. I'm going to make a bold prediction that PRFL wins by 30.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby RedDirtFan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:49 am

I'm just flat out excited to see how these teams match up. It should be a good one.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby steel » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:09 am

Anybody know the status of Cole Ferguson for Saturday
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sleepy » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:13 pm

steel wrote:Anybody know the status of Cole Ferguson for Saturday

My guess is that you won't find out from the adults on this website. But I bet most high school kids can find out from Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or Facebook!
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to A