2015 Polls

The teams in Class A

Re: 2015 Polls

Postby madseason » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:50 pm

hook wrote:I think Larimore has the best chance to pull off what PR did last year. They seemed to run out of gas against PR earlier in the year and at the end of the season the big boys will be in tip top shape. Park River doesn't seem to be as crisp as they were at the beginning of the season and the loss of Will Zimmerman takes away that shut down corner and spark plug. Carrington seems to be playing quite well but will have to go through a Larimore team that has something to prove after last years semi's. Will be some great games hope the guys stay healthy and have fun.
I agree. Zimmerman is a huge loss for PRFL, but I heard he could be back if PRFL goes deep into the playoffs (championship) I sure hope so. His Brother Noah was a big part of last years team and went down in the playoffs and didn't return. Tough to go down your senior year.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:21 pm
Location: NE ND

Re: 2015 Polls

Postby RedDirtFan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:57 pm

hook wrote:I think Larimore has the best chance to pull off what PR did last year. They seemed to run out of gas against PR earlier in the year and at the end of the season the big boys will be in tip top shape. Park River doesn't seem to be as crisp as they were at the beginning of the season and the loss of Will Zimmerman takes away that shut down corner and spark plug. Carrington seems to be playing quite well but will have to go through a Larimore team that has something to prove after last years semi's. Will be some great games hope the guys stay healthy and have fun.


That's very possible but the difference is nobody is sleeping on Larimore. Not the teams, fans, or any of the posters on this site. Last year, people had no idea just how good that PRFL team was, or how unique they were.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:29 am

Re: 2015 Polls

Postby Rivershark » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:05 pm

Having Will Zimmerman against Carrington would be huge for PRFL. I would take a one handed Zimmerman any day. If you ever had a chance to see this kid play, you would know what I mean. I've never seen anyone his size pack such a punch in his hits.
Rivershark
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:16 pm

Re: 2015 Polls

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:01 pm

POLL - Wednesday, October 21st

1. Park River-FL (14) 8-0 70
2. Carrington 8-0 56
3. Killdeer 7-1 37
4. Larimore 7-1 30
5. Hazen 6-2 14
Others Receiving Votes: Northern Cass (7-1) 4, Bishop Ryan (6-2) 1.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14389
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2015 Polls

Postby madseason » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:27 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:POLL - Wednesday, October 21st

1. Park River-FL (14) 8-0 70
2. Carrington 8-0 56
3. Killdeer 7-1 37
4. Larimore 7-1 30
5. Hazen 6-2 14
Others Receiving Votes: Northern Cass (7-1) 4, Bishop Ryan (6-2) 1.
Looks about right to me. But How come Carrington never gets any 1st place votes? Seems like they deserve a couple first place votes?
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:21 pm
Location: NE ND

Re: 2015 Polls

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:40 pm

madseason wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:POLL - Wednesday, October 21st

1. Park River-FL (14) 8-0 70
2. Carrington 8-0 56
3. Killdeer 7-1 37
4. Larimore 7-1 30
5. Hazen 6-2 14
Others Receiving Votes: Northern Cass (7-1) 4, Bishop Ryan (6-2) 1.
Looks about right to me. But How come Carrington never gets any 1st place votes? Seems like they deserve a couple first place votes?


everyone who votes must think PR-FL is better....know this though - Carrington received all the 2nd place votes.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14389
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2015 Polls

Postby madseason » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:11 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
madseason wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:POLL - Wednesday, October 21st

1. Park River-FL (14) 8-0 70
2. Carrington 8-0 56
3. Killdeer 7-1 37
4. Larimore 7-1 30
5. Hazen 6-2 14
Others Receiving Votes: Northern Cass (7-1) 4, Bishop Ryan (6-2) 1.
Looks about right to me. But How come Carrington never gets any 1st place votes? Seems like they deserve a couple first place votes?


everyone who votes must think PR-FL is better....know this though - Carrington received all the 2nd place votes.
Usually someone goes against the tide.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:21 pm
Location: NE ND

Re: 2015 Polls

Postby RedDirtFan » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:02 am

I forget who does the voting. Sportswriters?
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:29 am

Re: 2015 Polls

Postby scc » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:51 am

RedDirtFan wrote:I forget who does the voting. Sportswriters?

http://ndapssa.com
As for PR-F-L getting the votes, they are the defending state champions, and until they lose, it's hard to vote against them.
scc
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2689
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:52 am
Location: East

Re: 2015 Polls

Postby madseason » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:18 pm

Rivershark wrote:Having Will Zimmerman against Carrington would be huge for PRFL. I would take a one handed Zimmerman any day. If you ever had a chance to see this kid play, you would know what I mean. I've never seen anyone his size pack such a punch in his hits.
:D I agree. If they can throw a cast on his hand and throw him out on Defense at least that would be huge.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:21 pm
Location: NE ND

Re: 2015 Polls

Postby 5-time state chump » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:28 pm

madseason wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:POLL - Wednesday, October 21st

1. Park River-FL (14) 8-0 70
2. Carrington 8-0 56
3. Killdeer 7-1 37
4. Larimore 7-1 30
5. Hazen 6-2 14
Others Receiving Votes: Northern Cass (7-1) 4, Bishop Ryan (6-2) 1.
Looks about right to me. But How come Carrington never gets any 1st place votes? Seems like they deserve a couple first place votes?



If a team is #1...they should stay #1 until they lose.

They only way they "deserve a couple" is if a couple people vote for them. They didn't . You'll have to ask the 14 voters. And if they are like me, they will say PR hasn't done anything to lose the #1 spot.

I'm rooting for Carrington, but I see nothing PR has done to move them down.

That being said....polls are 100% meaningless in H.S. football. They are nothing more that a conversation starter.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:36 pm

Previous

Return to A

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests