The teams in Class A

Re: 2013 State Championship

Postby Fballfan29 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:42 pm

Hazen by a lot west always takes care of east
Fballfan29
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsinnorthdakota » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:10 pm

HAZEN WAS IMPRESSIVE AGAINST DLB, DLB SHOT THEMSELVES IN THE FOOT MANY TIMES AND DIDNT PLAY THE GAME THEY WANTED TO BUT ALL TEAMS HAVE THOSE GAMES. THEY JUST SHOULDN'T HAPPEN IN THE SEMIS. I'M TAKING NOTHING AWAY FROM HAZENS PERFORMANCE THEY WERE THE BETTER TEAM SATURDAY. MY OPINION IS HAZEN WILL RUN WILD OVER MILNOR BECAUSE THEY PLAY THE REED OPTION WELL. HAZEN 52 MILNOR 12.
sportsinnorthdakota
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sportsinnorthdakota » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:12 pm

Fballfan29 wrote:Hazen by a lot west always takes care of east

Amen! When was the last time a team from the East won the title?
sportsinnorthdakota
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:59 pm

sportsinnorthdakota wrote:
Fballfan29 wrote:Hazen by a lot west always takes care of east

Amen! When was the last time a team from the East won the title?

Technically...1998 Harvey was considered east then (in recent years they've been a west team). They defeated Stanley 29-12.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby FootballFan55 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:09 am

My prediction is Hazen is gonna win and win big 42-8. Simply too much for Milnor to handle
FootballFan55
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bison football73 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:54 am

longball wrote:Can't wait to see Mund vs Opp matchup

You probably won't see a Mund, Opp matchup. Doll is the better corner out of the two, so expect a Mund, Doll matchup with bornemann and Leintz over the top at safety.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfootball4444 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Im not much on singling players out. Overall tho Milnor will contain some on defense and find some holes in bisons defense. I call a closer game with Hazen 20 ..Milnor 16..(possibly higher scores??) If Hazen really turns on there steam in could be a struggle for Milnor, I don't think Hazen has played with much intensity like theyr capable of. Love high school football! Win or lose its great for any team to get to the big game back to back. Both teams will have to be mentally sound and aggressive. pssshhh basketball can wait.
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball4444 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:59 pm

irisheel wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:Well being many of you have ordained Hazen the champs already I guess there is no reason to go to Fargo and watch the game. Oops I guess maybe if we look deeper the numbers show this might not be as lopsided as it seems. Hazen is a great team with great experience and talented players. But if they line up and try and run the ball every down it wi'll play into MNS's strength. MNS is big and physical and their team strength is the DE's and LB's. Teams that have had success have done it in the air. Yesterday against Linton I believe the stats (which haven't been made official) will show Linton had negative rushung yards for the day. On a day which the wind was howling and it was tough to throw unless you had the wind at your back. MNS shut down a very talented well caoched Linton squad. I have seen Hazen play. They are good but if they dont throw the ball a little to keep MNS honest it could make it very interesting. MNS 24-Hazen 22. In the game of the day.

Maybe Hazen didn't need to throw on DLB, they rushed for 280 and they won big. You were quick to judge peoples predictions on the game, that's what posters come here to do and give their 2 cents.

You predict a close game others predict differently.

I think Hazen can throw but choose not to. True one guy rushed for 280 not the team. Battle of the lines here. I heard Killdeer did well on the lines in that game. Killdeer has aggressive lines.
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportscrazy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:23 pm

irisheel wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:Well being many of you have ordained Hazen the champs already I guess there is no reason to go to Fargo and watch the game. Oops I guess maybe if we look deeper the numbers show this might not be as lopsided as it seems. Hazen is a great team with great experience and talented players. But if they line up and try and run the ball every down it wi'll play into MNS's strength. MNS is big and physical and their team strength is the DE's and LB's. Teams that have had success have done it in the air. Yesterday against Linton I believe the stats (which haven't been made official) will show Linton had negative rushung yards for the day. On a day which the wind was howling and it was tough to throw unless you had the wind at your back. MNS shut down a very talented well caoched Linton squad. I have seen Hazen play. They are good but if they dont throw the ball a little to keep MNS honest it could make it very interesting. MNS 24-Hazen 22. In the game of the day.

Maybe Hazen didn't need to throw on DLB, they rushed for 280 and they won big. You were quick to judge peoples predictions on the game, that's what posters come here to do and give their 2 cents.

You predict a close game others predict differently.

I love that everyone has their own predictions. That's what makes this great! I was NOT trying to be derogatory or obstinate . Both teams deserve to be here and I hope for a good, clean, hard fought game where both teams represent their communities with pride and class. High school sports are so magical because the kids are doing it truly for the love of the game. It's what makes us all love and support our local teams and defend their honor like our own. I was making a point that if either team isn't balanced it could spell disaster for their squad. Good teams figure our how to shut down one dimensional teams at crunch time. And I never said nobody runs on MNS because Lisbon did, albeit in the first game with a new defensive coordinator. I said it would be tough sledding because the bulldogs have gotten stronger as a whole as the season rolls on. Although Hazen has an unbelievable 19 game win streak, you know what they say, all streaks must come to an end and I like their chances. I hope it's the game of the day so we all have something to remember. Good luck to both teams!
sportscrazy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfootball4444 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:19 pm

PPG wrote:Hazen is a very fast and explosive team on offense. Hazen has three legit home run hitters on offense and the best line in A football. The starting defense has given up only 4 TDs the whole season. Hazen has faced spread offenses all season long and Opp and the rest of the secondary have done well. Hazen will respect MNS and not over look them, and they will be well prepared. Hazen is a very physical team that plays well together and believes in each other. Fact is, the speed of Hazen will be even greater
on the turf inside the Fargo Dome. Remember, this isn't basketball and Hazen will win another title.
Oh by the way, 5 yards per carry is very impressive, just ask DLB!

Fair statements to say here and its a team effort, but it just isn't going to be any records or 40+ scoring here. Hazens intensity wont be as strong as Milnors coming in as something to prove. Hazen may also feel as a underdog as it seems everybody thinks they havn't "played anybody yet" and holes in theyr defense. I look to a close game Friday.
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsinnorthdakota » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:14 pm

ndfootball4444 wrote:Im not much on singling players out. Overall tho Milnor will contain some on defense and find some holes in bisons defense. I call a closer game with Hazen 20 ..Milnor 16..(possibly higher scores??) If Hazen really turns on there steam in could be a struggle for Milnor, I don't think Hazen has played with much intensity like theyr capable of. Love high school football! Win or lose its great for any team to get to the big game back to back. Both teams will have to be mentally sound and aggressive. pssshhh basketball can wait.

SEEMS THERE IS ALOT OF TALK ABOUT BASKETBALL WELL IF MY MEMORY SERVICES ME CORRECT I THINK DLB HAS A SOLID BASKETBALL TEAM ALSO. THEY ONLY LOST I PLAYER FROM A YEAR AGO. AND HAZEN DID COME TO PLAY DLB WITH ALOT OF INTENSITY OBVIOUSLY YOU WHERE NOT AT THE GAME.
sportsinnorthdakota
NDPreps Rookie

Postby TheOneTheOnly » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:43 am

Saw Hazen play they are a good team but nothing special at all. MNS with two 6'5 receivers and if they can pass the ball it will be hard to stop. Looked like just containing Bornemann is what makes that offense stop clicking. We will see who the best team is on Friday at noon.
TheOneTheOnly
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theman23 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:52 pm

keys to the game will definatley be the run defenses for both teams. Bornemann has the ability to break lose every time he touches the ball but MNS also has two outstanding running backs that can also break lose at any given moment. but I feel if MNS can control the ball more than Hazen and Bornemann can be contained even to 100 yards MNS will win this game. If both teams running attack gets slowed down I feel MNS will win through the air. Hazen corner backs to small and MNS wideouts each 6'5. Who wins that matchup? MNS wins 22-12
theman23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfootball4444 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:38 pm

Didn't realize the height of Milnors players. The hazens D-line will have to be super aggressive and into the backfield of Milnor to disrupt theyr pass attempts. Game could go either way at this point. Milnor can just throw the ball up for grabs. They (Milnor) seem more balanced. Hazen may have to up that running game even more. Disciplined on defense....
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball4444 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:43 pm

TheOneTheOnly wrote:Saw Hazen play they are a good team but nothing special at all. MNS with two 6'5 receivers and if they can pass the ball it will be hard to stop. Looked like just containing Bornemann is what makes that offense stop clicking. We will see who the best team is on Friday at noon.

Wow very tall... true stopping bisons back will turn this all around.
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby Truce » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:46 pm

Stopping Briar Bornemann worked for Killdeer only for a short time. Nate Lientz is just as dangerous as Bornemann.

I just hope its a good game. Blowouts in the campionship are boring.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby irisheel » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:42 am

With M-NS tall WR, Hazen's needs to put a lot of pressure on Bussman.

If this happens, could be too much for M-NS to overcome.
irisheel
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Blackheart » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:06 pm

Any reason why they don't play the championship game on Saturday? I would think a lot more people could attend a game that wasn't played Friday at noon.
Blackheart
NDPreps Starter

Postby FootballFan55 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:42 pm

Blackheart wrote:Any reason why they don't play the championship game on Saturday? I would think a lot more people could attend a game that wasn't played Friday at noon.

They play it on Friday cause class AA and AAA get priority to play on Saturday
FootballFan55
NDPreps Rookie

Postby TheOneTheOnly » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:49 pm

All games are in one day now.
TheOneTheOnly
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfootball4444 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:13 pm

TheOneTheOnly wrote:Lisbon was the first game of the year for the bulldogs. We will see how Hazen does don't count them out till the game is over!! MNS 24 Hazen 16

Fair pick....no big runs for hazen this year and big scores. Scores in the 20s possibly either way. milnor jus seems to balanced for the bison. Milnor has nothing to lose comn in.
ndfootball4444
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:42 am

R4#1 Hazen (11-0) vs. R1#1 Milnor-North Sargent (9-2) @ 12:05pm - FargoDome

Hazen by 3 scores.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby JAA » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:52 pm

The game against Lisbon was the first game of the year for the Bulldogs. The other point about this game is that Lisbon is a AA school. The Bulldogs other loss was a game held during a down pour and hurricane type winds. It basically came down to the opening kickoff being run back for a TD by the other team and a couple of blocked punts that gave them the ball on a very short field. Excuses, I know, but its what happened. These kids have a ton of heart and are very well coached. It's not the size of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog! Bulldogs in a battle- 24-22.
JAA
NDPreps Rookie

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:58 pm

JAA wrote:The game against Lisbon was the first game of the year for the Bulldogs. The other point about this game is that Lisbon is a AA school. The Bulldogs other loss was a game held during a down pour and hurricane type winds. It basically came down to the opening kickoff being run back for a TD by the other team and a couple of blocked punts that gave them the ball on a very short field. Excuses, I know, but its what happened. These kids have a ton of heart and are very well coached. It's not the size of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog! Bulldogs in a battle- 24-22.

Didn't both teams play in those conditions? They did not let the other team run a kickoff back and block punts. Give the other team some credit. Should be a good game Hazen by 7.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby psycho » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:04 pm

Hazen by 26 in this one. Milnor has good team but could have easily lost all three playoff games to good teams but not great ones. L/E/DP racked up big yardage on ground and air against them and had them on ropes in 1st round. They beat NP on defensive scores and squeaked out win against Linton last week. Hazen has run through their opponents although don't think overall the west was as strong as East teams, Hazen easily best team in state. 40-14 Hazen
psycho
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to A