2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

The teams in Class A

Re: 2013 Playoff Quarterfinals

Postby sportsinnorthdakota » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:38 pm

sportscrazy wrote:
lovwatchingsports wrote:
classB4ever wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:Not sure why so many get upset if their team is not picked to win. If you have made it this far you have a good team. What separates good team from a great team? Intangibles, I said it before Ill say it again, it's not always the best overall team that wins on any given day, but the best team on that particular day. If you weren't passionate about your team I would find fault in that, but don't find fault in someone else because they are just a relaying their opinion and don't share yours. Once again best of luck to all those who have a horse in the race. And if your a true fan of high school football enjoy a great weekend of very interesting games. Good luck to all teams in all classes. This is what makes HS football so great!

Good post!!

Might be best ever!

Thanks! This is what makes HS football great! Passionate fans supporting their communities! I might as well throw some more gas on the fire. Too many times people get caught up in the numbers game. "The big schools have an advantage". It is what you make of it. Here are the enrollment numbers.
(Boys 7-10)
Velva- 42
Milnor-North Sargent- 65
Linton- HMB- 70

These three schools would be 9 man had they not chosen to Opt-up

North Prarrie- 72 barely above the bottom
Oakes-81
Hazen-100
DLB- 102
OR- 105

David and goliath! Love it.

These numbers are incorrect, But if they where correct maybe its time for Velva to consider 9 man.
sportsinnorthdakota
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:43 pm

okay all but velva's numbers were correct

Velva - 45 (not much different then above)
Milnor-NS - 65
Linton-HMB - 70
All 3 Opted up

http://www.ndhsaa.com/files/13_14_FB_Pl ... umbers.pdf
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby sportscrazy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:03 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:okay all but velva's numbers were correct

Velva - 45 (not much different then above)
Milnor-NS - 65
Linton-HMB - 70
All 3 Opted up

http://www.ndhsaa.com/files/13_14_FB_Pl ... umbers.pdf

Oops! My bad fat finger the two and the five are right next to each other on the keyboard. And I think you are wrong. It's about what works for your athletic program and what you want to do and a school district or Co-Op. If they couldn't be competitive the NDHSAA wouldn't allow them to opt up. The three smallest schools in Class A are all opt ups and were all in the quarter finals. With Linton and MNS meeting in the semi's. ( Final Four) Throw in North Prarie at 72 and killdeer at 72 and the five smallest schools in class A were in the playoffs. Would it have been better if they would be down playing 9 man? I'd rather think not.
sportscrazy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TheReadOption » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:06 am

sportsinnorthdakota wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:
lovwatchingsports wrote:
classB4ever wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:Not sure why so many get upset if their team is not picked to win. If you have made it this far you have a good team. What separates good team from a great team? Intangibles, I said it before Ill say it again, it's not always the best overall team that wins on any given day, but the best team on that particular day. If you weren't passionate about your team I would find fault in that, but don't find fault in someone else because they are just a relaying their opinion and don't share yours. Once again best of luck to all those who have a horse in the race. And if your a true fan of high school football enjoy a great weekend of very interesting games. Good luck to all teams in all classes. This is what makes HS football so great!

Good post!!

Might be best ever!

Thanks! This is what makes HS football great! Passionate fans supporting their communities! I might as well throw some more gas on the fire. Too many times people get caught up in the numbers game. "The big schools have an advantage". It is what you make of it. Here are the enrollment numbers.
(Boys 7-10)
Velva- 42
Milnor-North Sargent- 65
Linton- HMB- 70

These three schools would be 9 man had they not chosen to Opt-up

North Prarrie- 72 barely above the bottom
Oakes-81
Hazen-100
DLB- 102
OR- 105

David and goliath! Love it.

These numbers are incorrect, But if they where correct maybe its time for Velva to consider 9 man.

Not sure if enrollment numbers mean much at this level. Velva's had 9-man enrollment numbers for awhile, and that didn't stop them from winning all those state titles. Plus, this is a little rut for Velva too. I'm hearing numbers are much better in the grades coming up.

They lost last weekend to DLB not because they were a smaller school...but because they made more mistakes than DLB did.
TheReadOption
NDPreps Rookie

Postby FootballFan55 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:07 am

Velva has always had small numbers but never as small as this years team. 20 some kids on the roster is calling for a lot. I couldn't believe when I went to the DLB game and saw how few numbers. You never know thou with good coaching like that.
FootballFan55
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to A