NDPreps Starter

Re: Region 1: #5 Milnor @ #4 Carrington

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:02 pm

I'll take Milnor-NS 26-22
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby 1footballfan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:05 pm

Milnor has size and Carrington speed, gonna be a great game. I will take Carrington in a close one 20-12
1footballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NodakQ2 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:11 pm

Carrington 20
Milnor 8

Carrington had 121 yards of total offense.
Milnor had 117 yards of total offense.

3 passes thrown all night.

Carrington ran the opening kickoff back for a TD, blocked a punt for a TD and blocked another punt inside the 5. Not the best night to determine who the best team was. Pouring rain with a 35 mph wind all night.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 5-time state chump » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:46 pm

Yeah, if it were dry out, Milnor would have used their size to beat Carrington at their own game -- speed.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PrepFBrules » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:40 am

5-time state chump wrote:Yeah, if it were dry out, Milnor would have used their size to beat Carrington at their own game -- speed.

So let me get this right? Wet nasty conditions helps the team with speed vs the team with size? On the contrary. Have you ever played football? I put my $ on carrington this game and I would do it again come playoffs.

In regards to your other post about carrington having huge numbers, look the ndhsaa website. Other than Minot Ryan (whole different animal) the AA schools enrollment have a range of 113-195. Carrington is 88. There are 13 teams in A that have larger numbers than carrington.
PrepFBrules
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:29 pm

PrepFBrules wrote:Other than Minot Ryan (whole different animal)

whole different animal?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Truce » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:59 am

Private schools are a whole diferent animal. Minot Ryan when Mcnally was there was KNOWN to recruit out of Magic City...

In my opinion all Private schools should be have to Play AAA in ND for this reason. They have the ability to adjust their enrollment however they want to suit their own goals.

Trinity, Oak Grove, Minot Ryan, Shiloh.....

Dont try and dish out the BS that recruitment dosent happen.... i personally know kids and parents that have moved to private schools just because of the atheletics associated with them.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:44 am

Wow, here we go again.

Trinity and Oak Grove are winless this season, how would they compete at AAA? How could a team with a 9man enrollment such as Shiloh compete with teams that have 10x the enrollment?

When each of these schools (or any other in the state) are able to recruit 25 top athletes each season, then we can talk about changing the divisions based on enrollment.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:29 pm

Truce wrote:
Dont try and dish out the BS that recruitment dosent happen.... i personally know kids and parents that have moved to private schools just because of the atheletics associated with them.

This does not mean they were recruited.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Truce » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:25 pm

When they are approached by the Coaching staff first, it does mean they were recruited.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:28 pm

how do they pick what kids to recruit?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Truce » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:44 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Wow, here we go again.

Trinity and Oak Grove are winless this season, how would they compete at AAA? How could a team with a 9man enrollment such as Shiloh compete with teams that have 10x the enrollment?

When each of these schools (or any other in the state) are able to recruit 25 top athletes each season, then we can talk about changing the divisions based on enrollment.

Since when does a record decide what division you play in? every division has winless or nearly winless teams.

private schools have an advantage over public schools (utilized or not) that i think is unfair. and that advantage should come with a cost.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby Truce » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:45 pm

Trinity and Ryan and Oak grove have all had teams in the past that could probably play up a division and compete.

Records mean nothing in this argument.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Public schools should start recruiting then the private schools edge will be nullified.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:18 pm

Truce wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Wow, here we go again.

Since when does a record decide what division you play in? every division has winless or nearly winless teams.

private schools have an advantage over public schools (utilized or not) that i think is unfair. and that advantage should come with a cost.

Because if they truly had this great advantage you are whining about, then they would not be winless. How many combined state titles (regardless of division) do the four teams you mentioned have?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:58 pm

This is a forum about the game between Milnor and Carrington, we don't need to discuss private schools, there are countless other topics in which we can discuss them.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:41 pm

Truce wrote:Private schools are a whole diferent animal. Minot Ryan when Mcnally was there was KNOWN to recruit out of Magic City...

I have heard that man say before how he has never recruited a kid. Always hear things about private schools recruiting, but yet I've never actually seen it happen in a case. Kids might move there (rare), but that doesn't mean they were recruited.

Ever seen the show Two-A-Days. It's about a high school football team in Hoover, Alabama. The show starts the season after they've won 3 straight state titles. They win their 4th that year. The coach says some kids move to Hoover to play football for the program. Doesn't mean he recruited them, just that they like whats going on and think they want to be a part of it. Obviously, this is totally different since they're dealing with top athletes in the nation but it's the same idea.

And the private schools are not limiting their enrollment. In case you haven't noticed, their numbers are shrinking and they want more kids so they can get more tutition money to help the school run.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby mags » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:34 pm

Don't want to get too off topic here but... Truce...

BR. Trinity.. Etc. barely have enough kids to keep the doors open.
They elect to play 2A
They run marketing programs in town to get all student. Athletes or not
Now here is the ADvantage so listen up

No they don't "recruit" athletes.

The advantage is the kids who go to Ryan and trinity and oak grove grew up in class A towns. Meaning whenever they want they can go to the YMCA and play pick up ball with a TOn of quality players (minot high Dickinson hgh. Fargo south) kids. I'm talking from age 8-18 they have this opportunity. Same goes for summer baseball. Their whole life they grow up with more quality athletes in their age group. Therefore typically a 35 kids per class group from a private school in theory will be more skilled than a 35 kid class at a small rural town.

Obvious excepts. - a kid like hagler (small rural town) but what do ya know... He had a dad that drive him around to all sort of camps as a kid to play against BETTER kids growing up. Therefore his skills improved
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby LILchump » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:19 pm

haha....Truce, you are an idiot.

See ya.
LILchump
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NodakQ2 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:38 pm

BACK TO TOPIC:

Region one could be settled on Friday night. If Carrington beats Hillsboro and Milnor beats Oakes...Carrington wins the region. If Oakes beats Milnor and Carrington beats Hillsboro, the final game of the season (Carrington vs. Oakes) will determine the champion. Carrington is a little banged up with injuries right now so the Hillsboro game could be interesting.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A