Hazen vs Killdeer?

The teams in Class A

Hazen vs Killdeer?

Postby Fballfan29 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:11 pm

This arguably the game of the year and its coming up in two weeks. The fun part is looking at recent scores this will be for the top spot in the region and for the number one ranking in the state! If Hazen wins what will Killdeer be ranked in state after the loss? Who will they have to go through to make the state title game? If Killdeer wins where will Hazen be ranked? Who will they have to face? LET THE GAME OF THE YEAR BE DISCUSSED!!!!
Fballfan29
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Hazen vs Killdeer?

Postby Fballfan29 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:41 pm

I will say in previous years Hazen has been a speed team against a power Killdeer team the last 3 years have been very good games between the two teams. Killdeer has lost all three times. The difference between this year is killdeer is now a speed team. I know last year Hazen went 1-1 against Heart River who was a great speed team. To add to that no one else in the region has been able to put any worry on either team. My prediction is the game will be with in 5 points on either side.
Fballfan29
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDFBall » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:25 am

Kiildeer vs Hazen, this game will go one of two ways... 1st. It will be a defensive standoff in which I see Hazen winning 20-12 their defense is fast, smart, and makes open field tackles. Killdeers is good but there secondary has let up some big plays. 2nd. The offensive track meet, if this is the case the game could go either way. But Killdeer (if they're going to win) needs to incorporate some of the less known players instead of relying on Dobitz, Rohr, and Knopik. If Hazen wants to win the lineman will have to come up HUGE, if Bornamman gets a glimpse of an opening he's gonna get yards. Killdeer 45- Hazen 42.
NDFBall
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 1footballfan » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:06 pm

Rankings don't mean much in any sports, all it does sometimes is give added stress to teams and players ,,, we will eventually know who is Number 1 in November till then bring on the games!!!!
1footballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wildcat » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:53 pm

1footballfan wrote:Rankings don't mean much in any sports, all it does sometimes is give added stress to teams and players ,,, we will eventually know who is Number 1 in November till then bring on the games!!!!

Thank you for stating the obvious. We're all well-aware. This is a message board; that's what this is for.

I'll take Killdeer 38, Hazen 38.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bison football73 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:42 pm

The difference in this game will be with the offensive lines and with defense. Hazen has a good quick, strong, and experienced line while Killdeer's line is a little less experienced. the key with killdeer's offense is that no one has been able to match their speed but Hazen will be able to on defense plus Hazen always gameplans well on defense.

Hazen comes out on top 21-16
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby Fballfan29 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:09 pm

I imagine that the crowd will be full for tonights game I agree with the fact the game will go 2 ways 1) defensive standoff where I see it going either way I cant make a true prediction but if i did i would say Killdeer 22 Hazen 20 2) An offensive standoff where I see Killdeer winning 36 to 32. Either way its going to be a great game Im rooting for killdeer just for the fact is both these teams have had close and very interesting games in the past but hazen coming out on top. Its time for a Killdeer victory.
Fballfan29
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TheOneTheOnly » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:20 pm

I'll take the home team in this one. Killdeer 38 Hazen 24
TheOneTheOnly
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Truce » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:11 pm

14 - 6 in the 4th...

was 14-0 at half. Hazen
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby Truce » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:15 pm

21-6 Hazen late in the 4th

33 seconds left.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby Truce » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:18 pm

this game has been all about the turnovers, Killdeer had a bunch of turnovers.

it was a good defensive battle, big plays were the only way the chains moved. lots of 3 and out.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby Fballfan29 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:48 pm

Hazen went out in victory formation after the turn over on downs with 40 seconds left and ran a fake QB kneel to score there last touchdown. That some poor sportsmanship I would say!
Fballfan29
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bison football73 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:12 pm

Oh please. Hazen always does victory formation under center. They came out in pro from shotgun, the same formation they'd been using all game, and ran a 33 cross trap not expecting him to score. Philion wouldn't run a fake kneel.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDbballfan54 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:20 pm

Great game played by Hazen not surprised by the outcome.
He who takes out trash. Takes out trash
NDbballfan54
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Truce » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:25 am

Poor Sportsmanship? and it was NOT a fake Kneel... just because thats what killdeer was expecting and pretty much gave up on the play... the Game isnt over till the clock runs out... its not like Hazen was running up the score they were only up by 7, and with a Team like kildeer id want more than that too... all it takes is one play and Killdeer Ties it up.

sounds like your the Sore loser...
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovwatchingsports » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:09 pm

Truce wrote:Poor Sportsmanship? and it was NOT a fake Kneel... just because thats what killdeer was expecting and pretty much gave up on the play... the Game isnt over till the clock runs out... its not like Hazen was running up the score they were only up by 7, and with a Team like kildeer id want more than that too... all it takes is one play and Killdeer Ties it up.

sounds like your the Sore loser...

Up by 8
How much time was left?
How many time outs did Killdeer have?
It sounds like you scored with :33 left, could had taken knees to run out the clock. Every team in the state would feel like Killdeer does if it happened to them, even you. All it will do is give Killdeer more to play for the next time they play you. Its called class!
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby Truce » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:13 pm

Oh im sure they are expecting it...

by the looks of things, Semis will be in Hazen this year..

looking forward to another good game. Kildeer is a very good team, they have a very quick defence, and by the very little i saw of it a scary passing game.

Playing a team twice is always a scary deal. This could have been a very differnt game it Killdeer wouldent have turned it over as much.
Truce
NDPreps Starter

Postby longball » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:47 pm

Fballfan29 wrote:Hazen went out in victory formation after the turn over on downs with 40 seconds left and ran a fake QB kneel to score there last touchdown. That some poor sportsmanship I would say!

Cry cry Kildeer has ran the score up big time on everyone they have played. To me it sounds like they Hadith coming
longball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PizzaRoll » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:56 pm

longball wrote:
Fballfan29 wrote:Hazen went out in victory formation after the turn over on downs with 40 seconds left and ran a fake QB kneel to score there last touchdown. That some poor sportsmanship I would say!

Cry cry Kildeer has ran the score up big time on everyone they have played. To me it sounds like they Hadith coming

You are exactly right. Killdeer has kept starters in when other teams have JV in. It's to bad this fan never thought of posting it when Killdeer was doing it to other teams. It will come back to haunt them in the coming years.
PizzaRoll
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovwatchingsports » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:30 pm

Truce wrote:Oh im sure they are expecting it...

by the looks of things, Semis will be in Hazen this year.. Its 2013 odd year goes to odd region, only if you do not play Burlington you would have it or its in Burlington.

looking forward to another good game. Kildeer is a very good team, they have a very quick defence, and by the very little i saw of it a scary passing game.

Playing a team twice is always a scary deal. This could have been a very differnt game it Killdeer wouldent have turned it over as much.
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovwatchingsports » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:32 pm

PizzaRoll wrote:
longball wrote:

You are exactly right. Killdeer has kept starters in when other teams have JV in. It's to bad this fan never thought of posting it when Killdeer was doing it to other teams. It will come back to haunt them in the coming years.

If this is right shame on Killdeer, but do two wrongs make a right?
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:56 pm

Killdeer had 2 timeouts left with 40 some seconds left. They take two kneels and two timeouts you maybe run off five seconds. that's 35 seconds left in the game on third down. you run a run play and maybe bring it down to 30 seconds left its 4th down and the play clock is 25 seconds so you have 10 seconds for the play on 4th down and they get a stop and turn the ball over. Killdeer has 5 seconds to run a play, with Killdeer's big play capabilities I would have run a play too to try and get at least one first down to seal the game. The only reason he ran for 40 yards was because Killdeer's defense thought they were gonna kneel which is their fault.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovwatchingsports » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:03 pm

bison football73 wrote:Killdeer had 2 timeouts left with 40 some seconds left. They take two kneels and two timeouts you maybe run off five seconds. that's 35 seconds left in the game on third down. you run a run play and maybe bring it down to 30 seconds left its 4th down and the play clock is 25 seconds so you have 10 seconds for the play on 4th down and they get a stop and turn the ball over. Killdeer has 5 seconds to run a play, with Killdeer's big play capabilities I would have run a play too to try and get at least one first down to seal the game. The only reason he ran for 40 yards was because Killdeer's defense thought they were gonna kneel which is their fault.

Thank You, explains a lot!
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby gominers » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:31 am

Actually Killdeer was out of timeouts.
gominers
NDPreps Starter

Postby lovwatchingsports » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:45 am

gominers wrote:Actually Killdeer was out of timeouts.

Then that is not so good is it.

Well was it two time outs or not "bison football"
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to A