Harvey vs. Velva "2"

The teams in Class A

Postby A - Football Fan » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:08 am

Velva came up the winner in the meeting earlier this season with a 10-7 win. Harvey has been firing on all cylinders through the playoffs and is looking for redemption.

These two schools have a tradition of football excellence and this is looking to be possibly the game of this years football season.

What are each teams "keys to victory"?
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bison_18 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:25 am

Whoever can capitalize in the red zone, not stalling drives inside the 20.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:36 am

harvey hasn't allowed any points in nine quarter...i'd say if they push that to 13 they have a good shot at winning.
rep

Postby playthegame » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:02 pm

rep wrote:harvey hasn't allowed any points in nine quarter...i'd say if they push that to 13 they have a good shot at winning.

Somebody getting shutout in this game wouldn't surprise me at all!  That would have to put a little worry in the opponent from the other semi if Harvey could pull off a third straight shut out!  Not to mention a load of confidence for Harvey going to the finals if they can pull it off!
playthegame
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:06 pm

Are their any key injuries to either team from the last time they played? Is their anybody who will be playing this weekend that didn't play that could change the out come from last game?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby A - Football Fan » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:24 am

Just went to www.harveynd.com and saw stats for the entire Hornet season. Looks like a lot of Sandy to Sandy passing and one real rusher and a couple of real productive defensive players.

The Sandy to Sandy passing connection has done 27 touchdowns this season, more than double #2 reciever on the list. After that it is a bunch of 6 or 7 touchdown catches. QB Sandy has completed just over 50% of his passes thrown.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting to see the stats for the year. Nice to have ambitious young folks working on a school website with good quality information on it.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby playthegame » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:06 am

Well it's almost gameday and the weather is pretty crappy today but it sounds like it should be descent for the game tomorrow!  Looking at the Minot Daily football picks everybody picked Velva to win even the coin!  Still I think it will be a great game decided probably by a few key plays!  I'm gonna stick with my earlier prediction that Velva will win by two TD's!
playthegame
NDPreps Reserve

Return to A