Semifinals

The teams in Class A

Postby rep » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:12 pm

Wyndmere-Lidgerwood (9-1) at No. 5 Linton-Hazelton-Moffit-Braddock (9-1)

No. 3 Harvey (8-2) at No. 1 Velva (10-0)
rep

Postby playthegame » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:02 pm

I can't comment toward the game between Linton and Wyndmere I don't know either team but the Velva Harvey match-up should be a good one!  Sounds like Harvey is hitting on all cylinders right now while Velva is still shooting themselves in the foot!  Velva had a chance to put their game away in the second quarter but squandered their opportunities!  Defensively they were lights out!  After Stanley's opening drive was stalled inside the one yard line (literally six inches from a touchdown) Velva held them to just about nothing!  I felt like Velva got away from what was working for them on offense and didn't execute very well after they got a quick lead!  They played just well enough to win!  It could have been a much more lopsided game, similar to the game with Harvey to end the regular season! Velva will have to play better football next Saturday to beat Harvey!  I think it will be a very exciting game probably decided in the closing minutes!  If there's is one thing I know, it's that Larry Sandy will have his Aggies ready to play! So I still have to give the nod to Velva in this one and I would put my money on Linton in the other game.  Great match-ups though!
playthegame
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:10 pm

i'm a huge imdieke fan...i think the man is definately a fantastic coach. it is kind of funny that just two years ago he was coaching 9-man football and two years later he's got his team right back to the level they were used to being at in the 9-man division.

on a side note, the new rockford coach should also get a pat on the back for making to the 11-man playoffs...i don't think nrs has made the transition to 11-man ball near as seamlessly as the lions, but getting to the post season is definately an accomplishment.

i didn't get a chance to see linton two years ago, but i'm assuming that kyle carr heaved the ball around the field and put up numbers.

how is this year's team different? seems like they are quite a bit more patient...heying had 3 td's today and he seems like a pretty solid back. anyone else putting up numbers for them?

bryce weber is about the only receiver of theirs i know and he seems to do a pretty good job with punt/kick returns as well.

defensively the team seems to be pretty solid...i don't think they are the type to give up more than 25 points in a game. about the only thing i remember offhand from talking with imdieke about his defense is he has a tall kid at fs...something he really likes. and he has a couple of linebackers that are probably on the smallish side, but really fly around.
rep

Postby baseball » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:28 pm

rep wrote:i didn't get a chance to see linton two years ago, but i'm assuming that kyle carr heaved the ball around the field and put up numbers.
Justin Puritan is the QB and is VERY good for being only a sophomore.  big for his age too 6'1" - 6'2" and built pretty decentlyas well.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:32 pm

baseball wrote:
rep wrote:i didn't get a chance to see linton two years ago, but i'm assuming that kyle carr heaved the ball around the field and put up numbers.
Justin Puritan is the QB and is VERY good for being only a sophomore.  big for his age too 6'1" - 6'2" and built pretty decentlyas well.

running qb? pocket passer?
rep

Postby A - Football Fan » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:36 pm

Linton scratched out a victory in the closing minutes of this one.  Velava did the same. If those two teams are going to advance to the championship they had better clean up their acts. Harvey has been demolishing their opponents in the playoffs and will have some payback come Velva on Saturady. Not to mention it is only 50 miles to Velva from Harvey.... I think the town will show up for this one. Wyndmere is living the football dream and could suprise Linton on Saturday. Either way it will be an interesting week in Class A football. Can't wait to see how it goes.

My predictions are Velva and Wyndmere in the championship.

A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:45 pm

rep wrote:
baseball wrote:

running qb? pocket passer?

more of a pocket passer when he isnt handing off the Heying.  can scramble if he needs to for a gain, probably wont bust open a 60 yard run but can rumble for a first down on a 8 yard gain or so.  plays much better then his age, throws a good ball, with a good arm behind it if they need to go deep.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby crete00 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:32 pm

[font=georgia]I heard that Linton's starting running back was hurt and could be out for the semi-final game versus Wyndmere-Lidgerwood.  Is there any truth to this?  Or is it just a rumor?[/font]
"In life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard!"

Theodore Roosevelt
crete00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby crete00 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:31 am

[font=georgia]Thanks to "Coach" and "A - Football Fan" for your responses.  Don't get a whole lot of coverage on Linton here on the East side of the state.  Good article from the Bismarck Tribune.  Sounds like they didn't lose a step with their third option in at tailback.  Can't wait to get to Linton tomorrow, should be a good, close, hard fought Region 1 showdown.  They were both co-champs with Hankinson FCT at the end of the regular season so this will settle that debate and the winner will represent Region 1 well in the title game.  Good Luck![/font]
"In life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard!"

Theodore Roosevelt
crete00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby A - Football Fan » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:40 pm

crete00 wrote:[font=georgia]I heard that Linton's starting running back was hurt and could be out for the semi-final game versus Wyndmere-Lidgerwood.  Is there any truth to this?  Or is it just a rumor?[/font]

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2006/11/02/news/sports/local/123232.txt
Here you go!
It is an article about the Linton runningback and how he came to this position. 

Sounds as if he was a bruising blocking back which created a good running game for Linton. Also talks a little about their QB.  
Last edited by A - Football Fan on Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Coach » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:15 pm

Moch has been out since the Hankinson game. He was the starting tailback and middle linebacker.  Then Ohlhauser the other tailback got hurt the following week against ashley/ wishek. Both haven't been back since.
Last edited by Coach on Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coach

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:02 am

Linton-HMB 6 Wynd-Lidg 0 at halftime
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby playthegame » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:52 am

Velva over Harvey 20-13 Harvey got a TD with 37 seconds left but Velva more or less controlled the game and executed their offense better!  They cleaned up their act and it showed!
playthegame
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:06 pm

last score I heard was Linton-22 Wyndmere 0 early in the 4th
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:31 am

ndsportsfan98 wrote:last score I heard was Linton-22 Wyndmere 0 early in the 4th

I heard this game was closer than the score shows!
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby crete00 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:37 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:
ndsportsfan98 wrote:last score I heard was Linton-22 Wyndmere 0 early in the 4th

It was.  Wyndmere failed to score 3 times inside the Velva 15!  One drive resulted in a turnover, and the other 2 were great defensive stands by Velva.  It felt like it was only a one possession game until late in the fourth. 

Theodore Roosevelt
crete00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby playthegame » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:45 pm

crete00 wrote:
A - Football Fan wrote:

It was.  Wyndmere failed to score 3 times inside the Velva 15!  One drive resulted in a turnover, and the other 2 were great defensive stands by Velva.  It felt like it was only a one possession game until late in the fourth. 

By Velva do you actually mean Linton?
playthegame
NDPreps Reserve

Postby crete00 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:38 pm

playthegame wrote:
crete00 wrote:
A - Football Fan wrote:

By Velva do you actually mean Linton?

Oops.  Yes I do. 

Theodore Roosevelt
crete00
NDPreps Reserve

Return to A