Predictions for seeds in regions next year?

The teams in Class A

Predictions for seeds in regions next year?

Postby Surrey75 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Any predictions on what places you think each team will get next year in the regular season?
Surrey75
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Predictions for seeds in regions next year?

Postby bison football73 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:31 pm

Region 3
1. Velva
2. Rugby
3. Harvey/WC
4. Berthold/OR
5. Williams County
6. Bottineau
7. Des-Lacs/Burlington
8. Surrey

Without Stanley, I think Velva will start to take the reigns of Region 3 again.

Region 4
1. Hazen
2. Killdeer
3. Heart River
4. New Salem
5. Central McLean
6. Southern McLean
7. Garrison/Max
8. Standing Rock

If Hazen can find someone to replace Maas on the line and find someone who can hand Bornemann the ball and throw the ball once in awhile they will be hard to stop.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby Surrey75 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:47 pm

I'm not sure I agree with region 3. I don't think surrey will finish last. I know 9 man is different than 11 but they're returning a lot of starters with older kids filling in the spots left by the graduating seniors.
Surrey75
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bison football73 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:56 pm

Who do you think surrey is going to beat?
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:19 pm

bison football73 wrote:Region 3
1. Velva
2. Rugby
3. Harvey/WC
4. Berthold/OR
5. Williams County
6. Bottineau
7. Des-Lacs/Burlington
8. Surrey

Rugby will be better than Velva next year. I don't know about Harvey, but Velva will be worse than this year because their offesnse was dependent on Barstad and now he's gone.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby bison football73 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:49 am

Indy5 wrote:
bison football73 wrote:Region 3
1. Velva
2. Rugby
3. Harvey/WC
4. Berthold/OR
5. Williams County
6. Bottineau
7. Des-Lacs/Burlington
8. Surrey

Rugby will be better than Velva next year. I don't know about Harvey, but Velva will be worse than this year because their offesnse was dependent on Barstad and now he's gone.

Knowing this changes my opinion. I thought Barstead was a junior. Still Velva puts out good teams year in and year out. They will be in contention for the number 1 seed.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby dyhardballa09 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:58 am

Velva will be lucky to make playoffs. Will have only about 20 kids. Great program, great coach. But only so much they can do with small numbers. I see Rugby and Bottineau battling it out for the top spot. I think Surrey will be 5-6. Dye was a good 9-man back, and I am anxious to see if he does well in 11-man.
dyhardballa09
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Region 4:
1. Hazen- Have a lot of returning players from a championship team, should run away with this region.
2. Killdeer- Always seem to have some big players up front.
3. New Salem- Don't think they will be much better but the region won't be near as deep.
4. Central McLean- Had good nine-man teams in the past few years.
5. Southern McLean- Young team.
6. Heart River- Lost a lot, rebuilding year.
7. Garrison/Max- Change in regions won't make any difference.
8. Standing Rock- 0-8 last year.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby Surrey75 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:54 pm

bison football73 wrote:Who do you think surrey is going to beat?
i
I'm not sure who we'll beat as I'm not really familiar with the 11 man teams I just don't see us being last in the region. As for Dye I believe he played 11 man back in idaho. And he will have yet another huge line to run behind.
Surrey75
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bison football73 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:25 am

Sniper wrote:Region 4:
1. Hazen- Have a lot of returning players from a championship team, should run away with this region.
3. New Salem- Don't think they will be much better but the region won't be near as deep.

Oh man Heart River at 6? Yes they lost a lot but a number on people said Hazen would be rebuilding this year. Not the case. Heart river still has hlebechuk and 54 on the line (Leblanc I think). They have a confusing offense that hides the ball carrier well I just don't see them being that low. I also don't see New Salem finishing at 3. They lose Heins who is their best runner and best passer. (Played some qb out of a shotgun) do they still have that 21 (don't remember his name) if they do that is their only hope.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby bison football73 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:28 am

Surrey75 wrote:
bison football73 wrote:Who do you think surrey is going to beat?
i
I'm not sure who we'll beat as I'm not really familiar with the 11 man teams I just don't see us being last in the region. As for Dye I believe he played 11 man back in idaho. And he will have yet another huge line to run behind.

Just cause you have a big line doesn't mean you have a good line. Especially with teams like berthold or Williams county who also have big lines.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby chargers » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:12 am

bison football73 wrote:Region 4:

Oh man Heart River at 6? Yes they lost a lot but a number on people said Hazen would be rebuilding this year. Not the case. Heart river still has hlebechuk and 54 on the line (Leblanc I think). They have a confusing offense that hides the ball carrier well I just don't see them being that low. I also don't see New Salem finishing at 3. They lose Heins who is their best runner and best passer. (Played some qb out of a shotgun) do they still have that 21 (don't remember his name) if they do that is their only hope.

Hlebechuk is a senior this year. I think they have both their backers back with Leblanc and obritch (I think I butchered the spelling). They lose there two best linemen and one of the best back duo in the state. That's tough to replace. I see them about fourth and a lot of that has to do with how well coached they are. I think it will be very interesting though!
chargers
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sniper » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:10 pm

bison football73 wrote:
Sniper wrote:Region 4:

I think Heart River will be in the runnings for the last playoff spot with Central McLean and Southern McLean but Im giving them the edge. I would be suprised if New Salem doesnt get into the playoffs but I do think all the teams from 3 to 6 are very close talent wise. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out!
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby Broadway Joe » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:53 pm

Standing Rock won't play a varsity schedule in 2013.
Broadway Joe
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:50 pm

Region 1
1) Milnor/North Sargent - Loose next to nothing off a good team.
2) Oakes - Return good qb and a lot of experience elsewhere.
3) Linton - Tough to put them any lower than 3rd, just off of tradition.
4) Carrington - I only saw them play of BEK. Was not impressed with them against a so so Rugby team.
5) Hillsboro-Central Valley - Would have been better off starting 11 man last year. Very well coached.
6) Northern Cass - Coaching change helped them last year, but lost some good players. Could be 5th.
7) Ellendale-EK - Excited to see them next year. Do not know much but EK has a good traditon.
8.) Kidder County - They have had some good athletes, just have not been able to put much together.

I think 2,3, & 4 could finish in a different order. I do not see my 1 through 4 teams getting beat out and missing the playoffs.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:43 am

It will be interesting to see how quickly the new EEK co-op comes together. There is some talent returning from both of last year's teams but how well they mesh will be key. You are going to have guys swithing roles and they need to be open to that and become a TEAM. I am a big fan of Coach Schiele and I think he will slowly but surely build a strong EEK tradition. For long term success, all 3 communities need to buy into the new co-op and I think they will.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby B-oldtimer » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:18 pm

Region 2:
1. Park River
2. Larimore
3. North praire
4. Mayport
5. lakotaAE/D
6. Midway Minto
7. Langdon
8. North Border
This is my guess as they stand but 1 through 5 could change dramatically all these teams were young last
year but did loose significant talent from their teams. LakotaAE/Dp stepping up from 9 man will probably
have some growing pains but their should be talent to compete at this level. Midway Minto could do better
than predicted but time will tell. Langdon lost big senior class and will be rebuilding and North Border was
young and rebuilding even in 9 man year or two away before making a run.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Packers52 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:53 pm

Region 2

I think it two tiers;
1st Tier:
1. Larimore
2. North Praire
3. MPCG
2nd Tier:
4. Midway
5. Langdon
6. Lakota
7. Park River
8. North Border
Larimore still has its Defensive and Offensive line intact. They lost some good seniors but the core is still their! Can't wait for next season!
Packers52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:54 pm

what schools make up north prairie?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Packers52 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:59 am

North Prairie co-op Rolla/Rock Lake/Rolette/Wolford Cougars (Rolla, ND) Varsity Football Team
Packers52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby spartan11 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:59 pm

Packers52 wrote:Region 2

I think it two tiers;
1st Tier:
1. Larimore
2. North Praire
3. MPCG
2nd Tier:
4. Midway
5. Langdon
6. Lakota
7. Park River
8. North Border
Larimore still has its Defensive and Offensive line intact. They lost some good seniors but the core is still their! Can't wait for next season!

I am not sure how involved in the region you are but I think you only got one spot right and thats larimore
Pressure is a feeling you get when you dont know what the heck your doing
spartan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:27 pm

spartan11 wrote:
Packers52 wrote:Region 2

I think it two tiers;
1st Tier:
1. Larimore
2. North Praire
3. MPCG
2nd Tier:
4. Midway
5. Langdon
6. Lakota
7. Park River
8. North Border

I am not sure how involved in the region you are but I think you only got one spot right and thats larimore

Well how would you rank the teams? I like Larimore #1, but think he has Midway to high and Park River to low. MPCG will be a playoff team, likely a second seed.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby spartan11 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:11 pm

1.larimore
2.Park River
3. mpcg
4. langdon
5.north prarie
6.lakota
7. Midway
8. north border
spartan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:51 am

Their picks are not that much different than yours spartan11. Like I said, Park River was to low and Midway to high. You did have four of the eight teams in the same spots as he did. IMO that is not that different.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby spartan11 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:14 pm

d_fense wrote:Their picks are not that much different than yours spartan11. Like I said, Park River was to low and Midway to high. You did have four of the eight teams in the same spots as he did. IMO that is not that different.

They are not that different but I just think the "tiers" of teams was a little off. Maybe not. IMO I think this region is gonna be a tough one to seed because of alot of top notch seniors leaving and maybe thats the case with every year. I think Larimore is the favorite and after that it can go a bunch of different ways. IMO four out of eight is not that great either
spartan11
NDPreps Reserve

Return to A