Who's going to be the best in A next year?

The teams in Class A

Who's going to be the best in A next year?

Postby domination » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:37 pm

I think there are a lot of teams that could be good in A. Carrington loses a lot but could be a contender. Milnor-N.Sargent has a lot back. Any others?
domination
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Who's going to be the best in A next year?

Postby MNTwinsFan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:27 pm

As far as the Region 1 goes, MNS, Oakes loses very little. NC loses some very big linemen and some position players as well. Linton will always be Linton. Then, throw in some new wrinkles with Carrington and Hillsboro-Central Valley, Ellendale-EK and it could be a crap shoot. Here is my prediction.

1) MNS
2) Carrington
3) Oakes
4) Linton
5) Northern Cass
6) Hillsboro-Central Valley
7) Ellendale-EK
8. Kidder County
MNTwinsFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Packers52 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:47 pm

Top 4 teams of Region 2;
Larimore
Langdon
Park River
North Prairie

Not sure if they all remain assigned to Region 2, but if they do these are my top 4.
Packers52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:55 am

MNTwinsFan wrote:As far as the Region 1 goes, MNS, Oakes loses very little. NC loses some very big linemen and some position players as well. Linton will always be Linton. Then, throw in some new wrinkles with Carrington and Hillsboro-Central Valley, Ellendale-EK and it could be a crap shoot. Here is my prediction.

1) MNS
2) Carrington
3) Oakes
4) Linton
5) Northern Cass
7) Ellendale-EK
8. Kidder County

Hard to argue this at this point. It will be interesting to see how the EEK co-op comes together under Coach Schiele, who definately has the chops to get the job done. A key will be not losing any of the underclassmen from this past years 2 teams. 100% retention is a must.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby dyhardballa09 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:48 pm

Hazen will still have Borneman. Rugby and Carrington will both be contenders with Rugby having a decent season in AA and Carrington has HUGE numbers. MNS I think should be the top team from the East. THey looked good at the end of the season. I think their line could be one of the best in the state.
dyhardballa09
NDPreps Starter

Postby B-oldtimer » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:48 am

My prediction for region 2 would be as follows: 1. Larimore; 2. Park River; 3. May Port; 4. lakotaAE/DP;
5. Rolla; 6. Langdon; 7. Midway-minto; 8. North Border; The top 3 teams have significant core returning
from this year and had some playoff experienc. Lakota coming from 9 man is going to have adjustment to 11 man but combined team will have quite a bit of talent and numbers. Rolla i don't know much about and they could be better than this. Langdon graduates a lot of talent i don't see them replacing that talent next year. Midway should be better than this year but i don't see them beating many of the teams above
them. North Border is going to have rough transition to 11 man they were fighting numbers this year and alot of their talent is graduating they are at least year or two away from competing until their younger kids develop. The other regions i don't much about but carrington dropping down should be contender and so should be Rugby and west always has real powerful teams.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby football14 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:45 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
MNTwinsFan wrote:As far as the Region 1 goes, MNS, Oakes loses very little. NC loses some very big linemen and some position players as well. Linton will always be Linton. Then, throw in some new wrinkles with Carrington and Hillsboro-Central Valley, Ellendale-EK and it could be a crap shoot. Here is my prediction.

1) MNS
2) Carrington
3) Oakes
4) Linton
5) Northern Cass
7) Ellendale-EK
8. Kidder County

Hard to argue this at this point. It will be interesting to see how the EEK co-op comes together under Coach Schiele, who definately has the chops to get the job done. A key will be not losing any of the underclassmen from this past years 2 teams. 100% retention is a must.

I agree 100% EEK definately has some talented players with Madke(Senior), Belmore(Senior), Mueller(Junior), and Entzi(Sophmore). and a solid coaching staff with Kosel, Mock, Schiele, and a couple from Ellendale, but I think the biggest question is at Quarterback.
football14
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Indy5 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:23 pm

Seth Aurberra (sp?) from Carrington will be a junior next year and he will be running wild all over A.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby 1footballfan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Region 1
MNS
Linton
Carrington
Oakes
northern cass
Hillsboro
Kidder Co.
Ell/EK

milnor returns a good nucleus so will be teh one to key on, Linton wilbe awfully tough only one they will have trouble replaceing is MLB Clay Jacob as he was a beast in the middle and on the o line..theyw ill start slow but end very strong, carrington will have to come along slow after losing so many seniors, oakes is alwasy fast and strong, northern cass will be tough but lose alot of seniors, and dont know to much about the others
1footballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 5-time state chump » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:51 pm

dyhardballa09 wrote:Carrington has HUGE numbers.

Yeah...it's not really fair. The NDHSAA should come up with something to keep teams of the exact same size to play each other.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PrepFBrules » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:26 am

5-time state chump wrote:
dyhardballa09 wrote:Carrington has HUGE numbers.

Yeah...it's not really fair. The NDHSAA should come up with something to keep teams of the exact same size to play each other.

Really?... [http://www.ndhsaa.com/files/13_14_FB_Plan_With_Numbers.pdf [/url]
PrepFBrules
NDPreps Starter

Return to A