Quarterfinals

The teams in Class A

Postby rep » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:16 pm

MPCG (5-3) at Linton-HMB (8-1)

Wyndmere-Lidgerwood (8-1) at Larimore (8-0), 2:30 p.m.

Stanley-Powers Lake (7-1) at Velva (9-0)

Langdon (6-4) at Harvey (7-2)
Last edited by rep on Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby the low down » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:59 pm

Expect nothing less than a typical Velva/Stanley game.  These games are usually hard fought right up until the final bell. Both teams are no stranger to big playoff games and no stranger to one another in those types of games.
the low down
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:17 pm

Here's my predictions for next week.

MPCG (5-3) Over Linton-HMB (8-1) Hankinson beat Linton so why not Mayville? Should be close game, could go either way.

Larimore (8-0) Over Wyndmere-Lidgerwood (8-1) I don't think Larimore will have to much trouble in this game.

Velva (9-0) Over Stanley-Powers Lake (7-1) Would love to see these two teams play each year. I think Velva finds a way to get it done.

Harvey (7-2) Over Langdon (6-4) This was close game earlier in the year, don't expect anything less then that again. All take Harvey again cause i'd love to see a Harvey Velva rematch to play for state championship.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:23 am

I'll take Linton over MPCG, I think Linton will be to much at home for the Patriots to handle.

I'll pick Larimore over Wyndmere, but I think it'll be a closer game then most would think.  Wyndmere has got a talented team and coaching staff always has them prepared.

I'll take both Velva and Harvey in the other two matchups.  This will set up a big rematch to go to the state championship game. 
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby boysbballfan » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:51 am

does anyone know what happened to Killdeer? They looked good all season and to lose in the first round at home is kind of disappointing. I didn't get to see the game so does anyone know if Killdeer was missing someone or did Langdon just outplay them
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby letsgosox » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:43 pm

boysbballfan wrote:does anyone know what happened to Killdeer? They looked good all season and to lose in the first round at home is kind of disappointing. I didn't get to see the game so does anyone know if Killdeer was missing someone or did Langdon just outplay them

Killdeer had everyone that they usually have. They allowed way too many big plays and were plagued by penalties, interceptions, and fumbles. The got down 20-6 right away in the first half and battled back to take the lead 21-20. Then on the next possesion langdon scored to go up 26-21. Killdeer turned it over on downs and langdon put up and insurance touchdown with 50 seconds left.
letsgosox

Postby cash » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:22 pm

rep wrote:MPCG (5-3) at Linton-HMB (8-1)

Wyndmere-Lidgerwood (8-1) at Larimore (8-0)

Stanley-Powers Lake (7-1) at Velva (9-0)

Langdon (6-4) at Harvey (7-2)

Linton

Wyndmere-Ligerwood

Stanley-Powers Lake

Harvey

My winners...
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby playthegame » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:56 am

I love the match ups for the next round of play-off games in the west!  Velva - Stanley.  This has been one of the greatest rivalries in the state always great games!  Harvey - Langdon Another great matchup Harvey had to score a last minute touchdown to win this one earlier this year!  Extra points were the difference!  And lets not forget that since the inception of the four class system in ND Velva, Stanley, and Harvey are the only teams to win it all! With Velva playing Harvey twice and Stanley playing Harvey twice!  The west bracket is very exciting I can't wait to see it unfold!
playthegame
NDPreps Reserve

Postby LiveTheLife... For The Lo » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:25 pm

Linton big.

Wyndmere-Lidgerwood in a average win.

Velva in an average win.

Harvey in a close one.

LiveTheLife... For The Lo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:43 pm

I'd bet Larimore beats Wyndmere by at least 3 touchdowns this week.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby twiz11 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:47 am

Whoever wins the Wyndmere-Lidgerwood/Larimore game will win by a very small margin. I bet it will be a close game. Plus I don't know if this is true or not but did Larimore really lose their starting QB? I heard that from someone but didn't know if it was true...... That would really play into who wins.
twiz11

Postby playthegame » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:01 am

Larimore's QB was hurt and didn't finish the game against Kindred!  I don't know what kind of injury or even how long he may be out!  Does anybody know what happened and if he'll be back?
playthegame
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball11 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:47 pm

boysbballfan wrote:does anyone know what happened to Killdeer? They looked good all season and to lose in the first round at home is kind of disappointing. I didn't get to see the game so does anyone know if Killdeer was missing someone or did Langdon just outplay them

Langdon outplayed them.
baseball11

Postby bball1niner » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:28 am

baseball11 wrote:

Langdon outplayed them.

even though langdon is probably the best number 4 seed in the state, i think that just go to show that region 3 is the best region in the state with velva, harvey, and langdon
bball1niner

Postby sportsguy2 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:28 am

Anyone know about Larimore's QB?
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pal » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:01 am

[font=comic sans ms]He had ice on his knee and ankle.  I would think that he will not be playing this week.  I haven't heard the official status, but it didn't look good at all.[/font]
Last edited by pal on Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
pal
NDPreps Rookie

Postby twiz11 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:37 pm

Now that we know that... what does everyone think about the outcome of that game (Larimore vs. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood) ?  I have a feeling W-L might have an advantage even though Larimore is still very good without their Qb.... either way it will be close we will see what happens
Last edited by twiz11 on Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twiz11

Postby footballplayer » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:32 pm

ndfan is really underestimating Wyndmere-Lidgerwood, I'm not saying that Wyndmere will win but 3 touchdowns is alot.  I dont think Larimore could beat Wyndmere-Lidgerwood by 3 touchdowns with there starting qb, not to take anything away from Larimore Wyndmere is good enough to play them tough and should come down to the wire.
footballplayer

Postby ndfan » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:10 pm

Well I had them by 3 touchdowns before i knew qb was hurt. I will go with a 2 touchdown win. Closest game Larimore has had this year so far is 21 points this season. What should make me change my mind that Wyndmere can win this game?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Tigger » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:39 am

I like Larimore in the quarters just because they've been so dominant all season.  MayPort CG might be able to beat Linton HMB if Flaten can run for over 100 yards and Lorenz has a good game, but I can't see their line holding up against even a decent rush.  I'll take Linton though I would like to see if MayPort would even put up a fight against Larimore the second time around.  I won't comment about the west games because I don't know enough about those teams, but if this is like most years the survivor from the west will be a lot for an east team to handle.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:18 pm

My picks.... if anybody cares are

Larimore

Linton

Harvey

Velva

If anybody does the upset special it will be Langdon.  I don't think Larimore is as good as their record but then again I have been proven wrong before.... heck, my wife says I am wrong all of the time.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby crete00 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:20 pm

[font=courier new]My picks are quite similar to everyones.  I would also pick Linton, Harvey, and Velva.  If there were an upset pick however, i would go with Wyndmere-Lidgerwood.  Their only loss was to a very tough Linton team and they did beat Hankinson FCT on the road.  They have a kid named Hoffert who scored 4 touchdowns 4 different ways and is an animal on both sides of the ball.[/font]
"In life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard!"

Theodore Roosevelt
crete00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:24 pm

Harvey 36, Langdon-Munich 0

Linton-Hazelton-Moffit-Braddock 22, May Port CG 17

Velva-Sawyer 14, Stanley-Powers Lake 12

Wyndmere 18, Larimore 6

Wyndmere with the upset, tough time to lose qb but that is life congrats to wyndmere, listened to the MPCG-Linton game sounded like a heck of a game could of gone either way. Harvey just to much for Langdon, and it looked like anybody who saw the Velva-Stanley game got every penny's worth of that game.

Semi's
Harvey Vs. Velva
Linton Vs. Wyndmere
Last edited by ndfan on Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby pal » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:45 pm

[font=comic sans ms][img]file:///C:/My%20Documents/49ers/sfo.gif[/img][/font]

[font=comic sans ms][/font] 

[font=comic sans ms]Wydmere/Lidgerwood won 18-6.  Larimore was a different team without there quarterback.  I was impressed with the Harvey score.  They are firing on all cylinders right now.  It's going to be a great game Velva vs. Harvey.[/font]
pal
NDPreps Rookie

Postby footballplayer » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:18 pm

[font=Comic Sans MS]Wydmere/Lidgerwood won 18-6.[/font]

well how bout that
footballplayer

Next

Return to A