State Title Game

The teams in Class A

Postby hunter48 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:03 am

Who Is going to make it to the State Championship?
hunter48

Postby cash » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:00 am

Velva or Harvey will.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:35 pm

I'd have to say that in the top bracket, either Linton or Larimore would battle to go to the Alerus, and in the bottom bracket Velva and Harvey would be in the semis.

As far as the championship, i'll go with Velva and Linton, that would be quite a matchup.
Last edited by ndsportsfan98 on Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby CLASSB2001 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:33 am

Velva will win state again....ho-hum
CLASSB2001
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:36 am

Any predictions as to who will get out of the 1st round??? Here are my picks

Linton big over Griggs CC

Hankinson in a close one over MPCG

Wyndmere over Northern Cass

Larimore big over Kindred

Velva rolls over Grant Co

Stanley over NR-S

Harvey in a good game over Williams Co.

and Kildeer in a big win over Langdon.

Anyone else??
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby LiveTheLife... For The Lo » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:39 pm

Linton                             

MPCG          

Wyndmere.....................................................Linton

Larimore

....................................................................................................Linton

Velva

Stanley

Harvey...........................................................Velva

Killdeer

Last edited by LiveTheLife... For The Lo on Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LiveTheLife... For The Lo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfbfan » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:06 pm

Not much love on here for the Cowboys from Killdeer. Since they lost to AA Watford, they've reeled off 8 consecutive games. I wouldn't look past them so easily. Strong tradition and a great coaching staff. Just a thought
ndfbfan

Postby ndfan » Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:25 pm

All give it a shot.

MPCG in a close one over Hankinson

Northern Cass over Wyndmere

Stanley over NR-S

Pretty much agree with ya ndsportsfan98 except i have MPCG and Northern Cass winning.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby the low down » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:36 pm

A lot of football to be played between now and then, but Velva and Linton seems to be an intriguing match-up.

Whoever comes out of the west will be well deserving... Wow, there's a lot of football hardware in the trophy cases at most of those schools.
the low down
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:33 pm

ndfan wrote:All give it a shot.

MPCG in a close one over Hankinson

Northern Cass over Wyndmere

Stanley over NR-S

Pretty much agree with ya ndsportsfan98 except i have MPCG and Northern Cass winning.

As far as the Hankinson and Wyndmere games go, I think the Region 1 is very balanced this year with the top 3 all having 1 region loss.  I think both will be good games, but do think Wyndmere has the advantage of being at home, and Hankinson is coming on strong at the end of the year, as evidence of their road win at Linton.  I think Hankinson will be shooting for another matchup at Linton to prove they're for real. 
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:12 am

You could be right on the hankinson-Wyndmere games, As of right now I don't think region 1 is heads above better the region 2. I think the two games should be pretty close, but since I'm bias toward region 2 I picked them. I really think its Larimore's side of the bracket for the taking. They were only one game away from championship last year and they still have some pretty good talent their. But this could be the year region 1 surprises me. All be at the MPCG-Hankinson game this weekend. Best of luck to all teams.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby starinthemaking » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:25 am

Last edited by starinthemaking on Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starinthemaking

Postby baseball11 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:04 pm

Langdon just upset Killdeer 32-21.
baseball11

Postby the low down » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:12 pm

baseball11 wrote:Langdon just upset Killdeer 32-21.

Didn't see that one comin'
the low down
NDPreps Starter

Postby Claz B Fan » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:14 pm

Larimore 30- Kindred 6
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baseball87 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:11 pm

[sup]Linton 30  Griggs 6

wyndmere 20   northern cass 8
[/sup]
Baseball87

Postby rep » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:22 pm

if all you are going to do is list scores, i would suggest putting scores from today's games and such in the appropriate forum to keep this forum clean.
Last edited by rep on Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:34 pm

Any reports of any 1st round games??? Nice upset for Langdon over Kildeer.  Also a nice win for MPCG over Hankinson.  What about some of the other games? Anyone attend them?
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:15 pm

I saw the second half of the MPCG-Hankinson game (First half missed due to bison game). Was a darn good ball game, think both teams were evenly matched. Play that killed Hankinson was like a 70 yard pass play with little over minute left called back on a illegal motion penalty. They would have had it on MPCG 5 yard line. But went into overtime, Lorenz found WR on fade route first play for td, ran same exact play to same player for 2 pt conversion and got it. Hankinson got in and got 2pt conversion. Hankinson got ball again scored but couldn't get 2 pt conversion. MPCG scored on 4th and 1 on the one and got xp to win the game. Not having a xp kicker for hankinson hurt them in this game. But was a hard fought game by both and should be a decent game next week in Linton.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball21 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:29 pm

I gotta say Larimore and Velva. Larimore has a tough running game with the two Hager's. And, they can certainly throw the ball when they need to. i dont know much about Velva, but they would need to be pretty tough to beat Larimore.
baseball21
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bison_18 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:55 pm

Velva won 5 out of the last 6, i'd say they might be pretty decent.
Last edited by bison_18 on Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball21 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:33 pm

now, im gonna change my prediction with Larimores loss today. Im gonna now say Linton Vs. Velva. Although, i think the Velva, Harvey will be a good, close game. i just think Velva will pull it off. Wyndmere could also have a shot at the championship as well. We played them early in the year and didnt think they were anything special, but they looked tough today. There are defianetly no for-sures right now.
baseball21
NDPreps Rookie

Postby playthegame » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:51 am

baseball21 wrote:now, im gonna change my prediction with Larimores loss today. Im gonna now say Linton Vs. Velva. Although, i think the Velva, Harvey will be a good, close game. i just think Velva will pull it off. Wyndmere could also have a shot at the championship as well. We played them early in the year and didnt think they were anything special, but they looked tough today. There are defianetly no for-sures right now.

I have to agree with you on this one!  I don't know anything about Linton or Wyndmere, but Velva and Harvey will be a good game!  It sounds like the weather is gonna get pretty ugly this week and it is supposed to be cold next weekend!  Ithink that will have more effect on Harvey than Velva!  Harvey has a good team but a big part of their Game is the Sandy to Sandy connection through the air!  I think the weather will neutralize them and Velva will shut down the Harvey running game!  I think Velva wins this game by two touchdowns!  In the other game I'm gonna pull for Wyndmere just because I like to cheer for an underdog!
Last edited by playthegame on Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
playthegame
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cash » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:51 pm

playthegame wrote:
baseball21 wrote:now, im gonna change my prediction with Larimores loss today. Im gonna now say Linton Vs. Velva. Although, i think the Velva, Harvey will be a good, close game. i just think Velva will pull it off. Wyndmere could also have a shot at the championship as well. We played them early in the year and didnt think they were anything special, but they looked tough today. There are defianetly no for-sures right now.

I have to agree with you on this one!  I don't know anything about Linton or Wyndmere, but Velva and Harvey will be a good game!  It sounds like the weather is gonna get pretty ugly this week and it is supposed to be cold next weekend!  Ithink that will have more effect on Harvey than Velva!  Harvey has a good team but a big part of their Game is the Sandy to Sandy connection through the air!  I think the weather will neutralize them and Velva will shut down the Harvey running game!  I think Velva wins this game by two touchdowns!  In the other game I'm gonna pull for Wyndmere just because I like to cheer for an underdog!
why would the cold nuetralize the passing game? it was cold this last week and the week before and they passed the ball extremely well...plus...your not really that cold when your playing and as active as they are...i think harvey wins by 3 touchdowns and wyndemere pulls out another upset
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:13 pm

Three touchdowns?? hmmm I think I will let bison_18 respond to that one. haha. I do like the winner of the Velva/Harvey game to be the favorite to win state.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to A