The teams in Class AA.

pigskin preview?

Postby thewanderer » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:27 pm

any word on when this will be out. i am curious to see the rankings
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Re: pigskin preview?

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:36 pm

I sent in my check to reserve a copy they said it should be out the first week in August I have not seen it yet.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby thewanderer » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:42 am

i guess i heard that as well. has anyone seen it yet?
thewanderer
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:45 am

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby dlamma » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:04 am

I wasnt real impressed with the Pigskin Preview. Hoopster seams to do a better job with more indepth analysis.
dlamma
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballchicken » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:56 pm

I agree about the pigskin - im sure it takes a ton of time and effort, and im glad they make it - but i was done looking through it after 5 min and i really have no need to look at it again.

dont have an answer on how to improve it - but it needs somethign else
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:19 am

dlamma wrote:I wasnt real impressed with the Pigskin Preview. Hoopster seams to do a better job with more indepth analysis.

I have not picked up a Hoopster in some years, but the Pig Skin Preview was everything I thought it should be. Some coaches do a better job than others in getting information and pictures to the pig skin.

I was supprised to see how up to date it was with some recent coahing changes taking place over the summer.

I was up half the night looking it over. I thought it was done well.
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:23 am

footballchicken wrote: i was done looking through it after 5 min and i really have no need to look at it again.

5 min. ? You did'nt read the feature article on Fridley? or the season predictions? or none of the other teams from your favorite teams region?

Just the basic stuff takes a lot longer than 5 min. to go through.
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby dlamma » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:55 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:
dlamma wrote:I wasnt real impressed with the Pigskin Preview. Hoopster seams to do a better job with more indepth analysis.

I have not picked up a Hoopster in some years, but the Pig Skin Preview was everything I thought it should be. Some coaches do a better job than others in getting information and pictures to the pig skin.

I was supprised to see how up to date it was with some recent coahing changes taking place over the summer.

I was up half the night looking it over. I thought it was done well.

I agree that the coaches interviews were good, as well as the articles. The hoopster does a better job of anylising players to watch from each region, statistics on returning players, prior records, etc. etc. I am an east region AA fan. I wiould have a tough time knowing what kids in the state are talented without reading the whole pigskin and then taking a coaches opinion. The Hoopers does a better job of letting you know who to watch. Most of us just go to our own towns games.
dlamma
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:52 am

Personally in this day and age of web/blogs/facebook/ etc. I'm happy we have Pigskin preview with all of that information in one spot to access easily. Instead of what's missing or not as good, think about what you do with out it?????
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:07 am

point/center wrote:Personally in this day and age of web/blogs/facebook/ etc. I'm happy we have Pigskin preview with all of that information in one spot to access easily. Instead of what's missing or not as good, think about what you do with out it?????

lots of research :D
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby dlamma » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:49 pm

point/center wrote:Personally in this day and age of web/blogs/facebook/ etc. I'm happy we have Pigskin preview with all of that information in one spot to access easily. Instead of what's missing or not as good, think about what you do with out it?????

I do apreciate the work that goes into the Pigskin Preview and i advertise it it as well. I meant nothing personal by my statements. they should be taken at face falue as constructive criticism and nothing more.
dlamma
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballchicken » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:21 pm

Ok - 5 min was a stretch - maybe 15 ahah

No i love the pigskin and look forward to it every year, but im all for improving things and keeping them fresh. Maybe a nice thing to see would be which athletes are the ones that will be taking over the spots of the previous year's senior studs.

It would be fun to see who and hear about those kids that are filling in for All state and perennial starters.
footballchicken
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:30 pm

I don't know the in's/out's of Pigskin or Hoopster, but would guess if there's a team with nothing, it comes back to the coaches not responding? Just a hunch, and that would lead me to believe that if each regions coaches submitted players to watch the editors could put that together. I'm pretty confident in my assesment the editors are limited to what the coaches provide. A couple guy's can't analyzed every team/player on the gridiron from NDSU down to Richland and everything in between.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Return to AA