Beulah vs. Trinity

The teams in Class AA.

Postby T-Bone » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:55 am

These two square off this Saturday in Dickinson. What's everyody's thoughts or predictions on the game? My pick is Trinity because they are a very good team at home. Beulah can win though, because there are a couple key players from trinity hurt.
Last edited by T-Bone on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
T-Bone

Postby Notorious » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:23 am

I'm going with Trinity.  I think they will then put it all together and make a nice run into the playoffs, maybe winning it all again.
Notorious
NDPreps Starter

Postby mags » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:47 pm

i like beulah in this game. although the game being in trinity may help the titans but beulah is beaming with confidence and wants to show all those who talked about the "not playing anyone yet" that they r still a very solid team
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby boysbballfan » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:56 pm

I think this is a big game for both team Beulah is going to want to revenge their loss to Trinity in the state championship game, and Trinity is fighting for a playoffs spot should be a very good intense game.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:08 am

It will be interesting..Trinity hasn't lost a regular season game at home in more then ten years!  The last time they lost a game at home, Minot Ryan beat them in the state semi-finals.  That was 1998 or 1999...
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby fony » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:30 am

[font=comic sans ms]Beulah's Defense isn't fast enough to stop Trinity. Trinity should be able to do what ever they want to do on offense. If Beulah can get past the line they still have the threat of the linebackers. So over all I think Trinity wins 28-14.[/font]
fony
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Notorious » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:07 am

Any score ??
Notorious
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:35 am

Game has been moved to Saturday.  DSU didn't want their field tore up...I don't think it was in that great of shape to began with.....
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby T-Bone » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:36 pm

Trinity 24, Beulah 15
T-Bone

Postby crazy » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:29 pm

It was a good game. I dont know if Beulah just wasn't clicking on offense tonight or if Trinity's defense is just that good. Minus Beulah's first possesion they could not move the ball at all.
crazy
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:40 am

Neither Beulah or Trinity could really open things up because of the wind.  Beulah scored on a short field (15 yds) after a blocked punt, and scored a late touchdown with the aid of 5 Trinity penalties on the drive.  Trinity did manage to put some drives together to control the clock, but again showed a lack of poise and leadership down the stretch.  They look like they're in pre-season mode making a lot of mental mistakes, and their special teams continue to struggle BIG TIME.  They can't snap the ball on extra points!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballcrasher » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:06 am

Honestly, I think it was Trinity's defense. They've been one heck of a team on the defensive side of the ball for the last 10 years. Beulah relies on their running game and the Titans shut it down. The first drive they scored (on the short field) was run after run, once the Titans buckled down and stopped the run Michaelson was forced to pass, and the weakness was revealed. If Beulah wants a chance to win against Watford or win the Coal Bowl, they'll have to find a way to pass successfully.
Mediocrity always discriminates excellance.
bballcrasher
NDPreps Starter

Return to AA