Hazen v. Trinity

The teams in Class AA.

Postby froggy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:53 am

[font=georgia]so what are everyones thoughts on the upcoming game on friday between hazen and trinity?[/font]
froggy

Postby bballcrasher » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:27 am

I think it's gonna be the game of the year...honestly. There's a lot riding on this early game...you win, you have home field for the playoffs. I think Trinity has been refocused since the loss to Watford, and I think Hazen will be focused too. It's gonna be a battle in the trenches, but I'm hoping Trinity pulls it out, by more than 2 points.
Mediocrity always discriminates excellance.
bballcrasher
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:30 am

I talked to some people from Watford City, and they said the game between Hazen and Watford (won by Hazen 24-7) wasn't as close as the score showed.  It sounds like Hazen man handled the Wolves.  the Bison look like the're for real...
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfbfan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:29 am

LIke I said in an earlier post. Hazen had the ball inside the 10 twice and came away empty. The one Watford score, the Hazen CB had the ball in his hands, and he dropped it right on the watford players stomach who was on the ground in the end zone. unreal play. this is going to be one heck of a ballgame.
ndfbfan

Postby Y-not Daily » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:21 pm

Hazen...the Bison will physically punish the Titans. Of course turnovers will decide this one... It could go either way, but I like Hazen.
Y-not Daily

Postby crazy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:44 pm

Hazen is going to physically punish them but its could go either way? that makes sense.
crazy
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:34 pm

What I think the previous post is trying to say is that physically, Hazen will beat Trinity up, however, Trinity is known for executing and not making mistakes, which will end up being the difference. Either way, it is going to be an entertaining game. I heard that Trinity's coach believes they have more team speed than Hazen. I'm not convinced of this, but we'll see on Friday. Again, should be one heck of a game.
ndfbfan

Postby Y-not Daily » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:15 pm

Thanks for clarifying my confusing post ndfbfan... I think Hazen will win, but if the Bison commit turnovers and Trinity plays error-free, it will be Trinity's game to win.

Either way, Trinity will come out of it battered and bruised (and Hazen probably will too,)
Y-not Daily

Postby ndsubisonfan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:10 am

I just heard rumors that Brian Sorenson of Hazen hurt his shoulder. If so that's too bad, I would've liked to watch him play later in the season.
ndsubisonfan

Postby ndfbfan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:38 am

ndsubisonfan wrote:I just heard rumors that Brian Sorenson of Hazen hurt his shoulder. If so that's too bad, I would've liked to watch him play later in the season.

Just a rumor. He's fine
ndfbfan

Postby BigEasy56 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:12 pm

Hazen 14 - Trinity 0....heck of a game
BigEasy56
NDPreps Rookie

Postby boysbballfan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:11 pm

one of the best games i have seen in awhile it was 0-0 till half trinity did a good job driving the ball but couldn't finish. Hazen had two big plays that went for td's a other than that it was a back and forth battle the entire game.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:11 pm

Game measured up to everything everyone thought it would. Physical as all heck. Trinity is one heck of a team and they'll be around come playoff time and still dangerous. As of right now, if Hazen can keep the momentum and get stronger each week, it'll be an interesting rest of the season.
ndfbfan

Postby froggy » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:28 pm

boysbballfan wrote:one of the best games i have seen in awhile it was 0-0 till half trinity did a good job driving the ball but couldn't finish. Hazen had two big plays that went for td's a other than that it was a back and forth battle the entire game.

[font=georgia]that was a very hard fought game. i was at the game and i thought trinity was gonna score but they couldnt finish their drives. it was like they just hit a brick wall when they got inside the 20 and couldnt get the ball in the endzone. very good game.[/font]
froggy

Postby Double G » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:16 pm

Great Game

0-0 at half then bison score for 8-0

lightning made for an unplanned stop in the 3rd quarter

14-0 Hazen

one of the best games ive seen played
Double G
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hsprepfan » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:41 pm

one of the best hardest fought games i've seen in years. alot of the players that  usually don't get much recognition, like Benz, Zeller, Ellwein, Mettler, stepped it up a notch and had some tremendous plays.  In my opinion Hazens D won the game. The team played together and with alot of emotion, and heart. Trinity did the same, just come up short of the endzone. Hope to see these two teams play again this year in the playoffs or championship. Any predictions for the Dakota Bowl AA?
hsprepfan

Postby boysbballfan » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:03 pm

Is it true that trinity's biggest deep threat Jordan Rising got hurt his shoulder and could be out for the season.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby BigEasy56 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:15 pm

He broke his collarbone and is out for the season...thats a bummer...hes a good player and that will affect trinity's passing game...too bad to hear that
BigEasy56
NDPreps Rookie

Postby crazy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:27 pm

Well looks like this topic could be started up again. Hazen and Trinity play each other again in Hazen this week. Except there is a little bit more on the line this time. Which team is going to step up and win this one?
crazy
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:54 pm

Gonna be a great football game. If it comes close to the first one, it'll be the game of the year. The first game drew 3,000 people. this one just might draw twice that many. Revenge on the mind of Trinity. Taking that next step on the mind of the Bison. I've said it once, I'll say it again. Throw these two teams in a hat and pick. You'll probably have just as good a chance at picking a winner. The one big key that will be different is the Titans not having Mellmer. that kid dominated the first time around. It'll be interesting to see what adjustments the two teams make. In either case, I'm predicting one heck of a ballgame.
ndfbfan

Postby Notorious » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:52 am

From what I hear, Trinity is not as explosive offensively as it has been in the past.  If that is the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hazen pound out another 14-0 win.  I have been predicting a Trinity title, but unless the Titans get a couple big plays early, I don't see them winning this one.
Notorious
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:15 am

Between the twenties Trinity is as explosive as anyone, but they don't know how to finish drives.  Penalties, mental errors, and erratic passes seem to doom them.  In the redzone, on second down they always try a pitch or a run to the outside. If they fail to move the ball on second down all they will do is throw it into the endzone on third and fourth down, and usually give the ball up on downs.   The team needs to review their playcalling, or just focus in when they are in scoring position....Saturday if they want to win, they'll have to take advantage of EVERY scoring opportunity, win the turnover war, play a mentally sharp game and come up with a couple of big plays on offense.  If that doesn't happen it is going to be a long, long day for them.

No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsubisonfan » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:46 am

for these 2 teams they need both sides of the ball to step up. For hazen their strength is mostly within their offense, all year they've been able to move the ball on anyone. if they want to come away with a victory they need their defense to step up and make plays because their offense will. For trinity their strength comes from their defense, which has won them a few closes games already. And if trinity wants to come away victorious, then their offense needs to step up and get it in the endzone.
ndsubisonfan

Postby zking » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:05 pm

Hey, zking here,

We finally have someone here to represent Rugby.  Nobody is talkin about Rugby.  Rugby is number one.  Took on Beulah.  Handled them.  Bring on the wolves.
zking
NDPreps Rookie

Postby crazy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:59 pm

zking wrote:Hey, zking here,

We finally have someone here to represent Rugby.  Nobody is talkin about Rugby.  Rugby is number one.  Took on Beulah.  Handled them.  Bring on the wolves.

Well looks like we have a Rugby player on here. Yes you guys are undefeated and yes you are the number one team in the state. But also not one of the teams that you beat are still in the playoffs. Watford City is a good football team with a quick back i wouldnt over look them if I i was you.
crazy
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to AA