Postby point/center » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:05 am

class="bodytext"Class AA

Team(1st-place votes) Record Points

1. Dickinson Trinity(7) 1-0 35

2. Rugby 1-0 22

3. Watford City 1-0 20

4. Hazen 1-0 19

5. Fargo Oak Grove 1-0 4

Also receiving votes: Beulah, Hatton-Northwood, Lisbon.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfbfan » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:11 pm

These polls are a joke, especially AA. Within 2 weeks, this whole poll will be shaken up. They should wait until the 4th week of the season to release polls. Watford, Hazen and Trinity all play each other within the next 3 weeks. Watford-Trinity this week, Watford-Hazen next week, and Trinity-Hazen the week after. I guess they are interesting for the common fan, but other than that, they are worthless.
ndfbfan

Postby ndfan » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:18 pm

Doesn't really matter Trinity will be #1 all year and will probably win it all this year again. After that the rest of the teams is a crap shoot. Anybody know the last team that wasn't named Dickinson Trinity or Cavalier to be #1 in the AA poll? Was it 1999?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfbfan » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:11 pm

I'll respectfully disagree about Trinity. Of course I'm biased. If I'm wrong you can say I told you so. We'll soon see!!
ndfbfan

Postby ndfan » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:21 pm

I respect your opinion too I'm not a big Trinity fan myself, but Trinity has just been one of the most dominate teams in AA and the state the past 5-6 years. Until somebody beats them and takes that #1 spot from them they are the team to beat in my opinion.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:56 am

ndfbfan wrote:These polls are a joke, especially AA. Within 2 weeks, this whole poll will be shaken up. They should wait until the 4th week of the season to release polls. Watford, Hazen and Trinity all play each other within the next 3 weeks. Watford-Trinity this week, Watford-Hazen next week, and Trinity-Hazen the week after. I guess they are interesting for the common fan, but other than that, they are worthless.
Top teams playing each other is good. I don't see what good waiting a month to put the poll out does? High rated teams beating up on each other doesnt mean that Lisbon will be #1 they've lost to lower classed LaMoure for years.

Besides were waiting a month to get the Pigskin Preview.

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfbfan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:18 am

I should have clarified myself better. I totally agree with you. They do deserve to be number one until someone beats them. I just think that this is the year that someone will beat them. There is one team in particular that I think has that team to beat them. A class of seniors has waited 3 years to do that, and I think this may finally be the year. But again, if it doesn't happen, you can always say "i told you so"!!! :D
ndfbfan

Postby ndfbfan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:22 am

point/center wrote:
ndfbfan wrote:These polls are a joke, especially AA. Within 2 weeks, this whole poll will be shaken up. They should wait until the 4th week of the season to release polls. Watford, Hazen and Trinity all play each other within the next 3 weeks. Watford-Trinity this week, Watford-Hazen next week, and Trinity-Hazen the week after. I guess they are interesting for the common fan, but other than that, they are worthless.
Top teams playing each other is good. I don't see what good waiting a month to put the poll out does? High rated teams beating up on each other doesnt mean that Lisbon will be #1 they've lost to lower classed LaMoure for years.

Besides were waiting a month to get the Pigskin Preview.

I agree, top teams playing each other is good. However, why not give the season some time before making these "predictions" A lot of the guys voting haven't seen or even heard about what is going on with some of the teams. We always tell our guys that the people doing the polls don't know anything anyway so don't even pay attention to them!! LOL  But seriously, for the common fan I guess they are interesting, and they give other teams a "measuring stick" of sorts. I'm also speaking from a coach's point of view.
ndfbfan

Postby point/center » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:27 am

If your trying to say coaches know everything about every team then good luck. Coaches know about their region and the teams the play against.

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfbfan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:39 am

point/center wrote:If your trying to say coaches know everything about every team then good luck. Coaches know about their region and the teams the play against.

I agree, and in Class AA, we have a pretty good idea about everyone that we not only play against, but the other teams out East. It isn't like Class A or 9 man where there are so many more teams. There are 16 teams in Class AA, and we have a pretty good idea about all the other teams. Like you said, not everything, but quite a bit. And, unlike other AA teams who start the season against Class A opponents, we play our non conference against Class AA teams from the East. I do understand what you are saying however, and it is a great point. Like I said, my view is coming from a coach's point of view.
ndfbfan

Postby point/center » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:41 am

I'll agree in AA, and even AAAmuch easier to know about all teams--fewer teams in AA and more media coverage in AAA.
9 Man and A are a different story--that I agree with you

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsubisonfan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:20 am

i don't think this is really an argueing matter.. it's just polls and only the season can tell us who's the best team
ndsubisonfan

Postby ndfan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:13 pm

[user=853]ndfbfan[/user] wrote:
I should have clarified myself better. I totally agree with you. They do deserve to be number one until someone beats them. I just think that this is the year that someone will beat them. There is one team in particular that I think has that team to beat them. A class of seniors has waited 3 years to do that, and I think this may finally be the year. But again, if it doesn't happen, you can always say "i told you so"!!! :D

Your right their could be that one particular team that could beat them this year. The key word is "Could", who is this particular team that could beat them so I'm not surprised if it happens? But anyway I think they do a pretty good job with the polls, you just have to be thankful that we don't have the BCS like college.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballcrasher » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:20 pm

Obviously they are speaking about Hazen... that person thinks Hazen will beat Trinity this year. We'll see, should be a great game!
Mediocrity always discriminates excellance.
bballcrasher
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:13 pm

bballcrasher wrote:Obviously they are speaking about Hazen... that person thinks Hazen will beat Trinity this year. We'll see, should be a great game!

Actually, I was referring to Watford City, but I also think Hazen will have a great chance also. Either way, they should both be great games. And if they do win, I for one will not see it as a "surprise" win.
ndfbfan

Postby scruffy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:42 am

Hazen, Trinity, and Watford City will provide super matchups when they play each other.  Here is an interesting stat...When this group of seniors last played each other as a "class" team was when they were freshman.  Trinity beat Hazen 30-0, and beat Watford City 40-8.  Watford was the only team to score on Trinity all season, and that came on a fourth quarter punt return....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballcrasher » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:21 am

Does anyone know if the Trinity/Watford City game will be broadcast on the internet? I know KDIX usually covers the Trinity games, but it's at Watford, and the Midgets are at home tonight, so I'm assuming they'll be covering that game. The might have updates though.
Mediocrity always discriminates excellance.
bballcrasher
NDPreps Starter

Postby carolina blue » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:09 pm

KDIX has the game on. its halftime now and DHS is on but they are gonna go back to the THS-watford game after halftime. oh ya the score is watford 7 THS 6. good first half and should be an even better second half.
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:29 pm

Two Trinity fourth quarter turnovers, and a botched extra point..Watford City 15, Trinity 14.. Congratulations Wolves.
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:00 pm

so the question then becomes does watford leapfrog rugby in the poll?
rep

Postby scruffy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:07 pm

I would say Watford deserves to leapfrog over Rugby.  They beat the #1 ranked team.  I'm more concerned about the final standings in mid November though.....
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Return to AA