whY NO summer football

The teams in Class AA.

Postby Chewy8 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:22 am

Football is the only sport that doesnt have a summer program really. Baketball, volleyball, soccer, hockey, tennis, and golf all have summer teams and tourneys. WHat would the cons be about having summer football teams. It only sounds fun to me
Chewy8
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:59 am

Football would take away from all the other sports you just mentioned most North Dakota kids play more then one sport. Summer is used for football camps and 7 on 7 deals and the weight room. The NDHSAA doesn't allow football games to be played after the state championship game until the first practice of the year sometime in August. I just don't think coaches wanna see kids get hurt during the summer also before the fall season starts up.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:28 pm

personally i think the ndhsaa doesn't want to see kids die due to heat stroke, etc. two-a-days in august probably cause more than enough ulcers with the powers that be.
rep

Postby Bruin58 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:18 pm

Yeah two a days are hard enough plus the summer is used for getting stronger and faster and for healing up old injuries and to prepare yourself for the upcoming season. Also lets say if someone key to the team such as solum would get hurt in one of those games that don't mean anything it would really take a toll on the team come fall when the games actually do count.
Bruin58
NDPreps Reserve

Postby twinsfan34 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:08 am

We still get the Shrine Bowl, the Montana/North Dakota All-Star Game and that 9-man all star game up north (not sure of the title-Saskota Bowl?).  I think that is good enough.
twinsfan34

Postby point/center » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:51 am

Chewy8 wrote:Football is the only sport that doesnt have a summer program really. Baketball, volleyball, soccer, hockey, tennis, and golf all have summer teams and tourneys. WHat would the cons be about having summer football teams. It only sounds fun to me
here's a vote for wrestling in the summer too. and then maybe we could move legion baseball into the winter during the Christmas break.

i kind of liked things before there were travelling teams and AAU etc.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballer2 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:30 pm

point/center wrote:
Chewy8 wrote:Football is the only sport that doesnt have a summer program really. Baketball, volleyball, soccer, hockey, tennis, and golf all have summer teams and tourneys. WHat would the cons be about having summer football teams. It only sounds fun to me
here's a vote for wrestling in the summer too. and then maybe we could move legion baseball into the winter during the Christmas break.

i kind of liked things before there were travelling teams and AAU etc.

well ur gonna have to get over it cuz most people key on basketball being there sport and ya they make the decisions
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:05 pm

Maybe we should let kids be kids and give them some off time from sports.  Or...They could get a summer job and began saving for college and preparing for the "real world" that they will face.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballer2 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:28 pm

scruffy wrote:Maybe we should let kids be kids and give them some off time from sports.  Or...They could get a summer job and began saving for college and preparing for the "real world" that they will face.

orrrrrrrrr... maybe its the kids choice to play aau ball... haha wow... not to many parents force there kids to play... i mean i guess i enjoyed it and pretty sure everyone else that was there made the choice to play so yea...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to AA