East vs West

The teams in Class AA.

East vs West

Postby peanut butter » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:31 pm

What region do you think is deeper and has more talent?
peanut butter
NDPreps Reserve

Re: East vs West

Postby SweetSweetKyle777 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:02 am

Easy question. the east
SweetSweetKyle777

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:20 pm

EAST
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby steve34 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:31 pm

Without knowing the status of Sorenson, I would say that, if he doesn't return, no west team will survive to round 2 of the playoffs. I know competitive scores aren't a very good way of sizing up the situation, but based on what we've seen of them:

Hazen, Watford City, Beulah, and Trinity are the presumed playoff teams in the west.

Devils Lake has a win over Watford, and Watford has a win over Hazen.

Beulah has a win over Trinity, and Carrington has a win (shutout) over Beulah.

Valley City kicked Trinity.

If the VC/DL game is close, no matter who wins, Hazen is the only team from the west that has a chance of making it to the semi-finals. If Sorenson is out, it's an all-east semi.
steve34
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SportsBuff » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:28 pm

The east may be deeper top to bottom but Hazen and Watford City will be able to contend with the teams from out east and make a push to get into the finals. The east may have beaten up a few of the teams from out west, but it was early and its a long season. Teams can improve a lot during the season and you cant necessarily go just by scores from the preseason. when playoffs come around it will depend on how much teams have improved, who is healthy and most importantly who wants it the most!
SportsBuff
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scruffy » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:20 pm

East might have the top team or two but the west has more depth and by November should compete very well...
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoAus8 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:42 pm

East hands down, just look at the poll the east has 4 of the 6 teams in it not to mention the top 2
GoAus8
NDPreps Starter

Postby BisonCardinal » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:43 pm

Have to disagree with you scruffy.

Not sure what you mean by depth, but can I assume that you mean more good teams top to bottom?

I was just thinking of the "parity" in the east. Last year when Carrington was basically everybody's "easy game" and it was over at half, both teams had their second string in by the end of the third quarter. This year, five games into the season, I don't think we've had our complete second string in for any game nor has any team that we have played been able to either. Doesn't look like that will change with remaining schedule. This makes me think that the east has more depth if that is what you are talking about.
BisonCardinal
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:39 pm

SportsBuff wrote:The east may be deeper top to bottom but Hazen and Watford City will be able to contend with the teams from out east and make a push to get into the finals. The east may have beaten up a few of the teams from out west, but it was early and its a long season. Teams can improve a lot during the season and you cant necessarily go just by scores from the preseason. when playoffs come around it will depend on how much teams have improved, who is healthy and most importantly who wants it the most!

I like that Last Sentence very true!!!! but still have to go with east!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby SweetSweetKyle777 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:51 pm

It baffles me when people think that the the west could contend with the east. Im sorry but everything is there and non of it says the west has "depth." I agree Hazen could be there but its a bit of a stretch to say WC will
SweetSweetKyle777

Postby AAfootballfan » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:29 pm

SweetSweetKyle777 wrote:It baffles me when people think that the the west could contend with the east. Im sorry but everything is there and non of it says the west has "depth." I agree Hazen could be there but its a bit of a stretch to say WC will

It BAFFLES me after reading what you wrote!! How is it a stretch to say that Watford City will contend with the east. First of all they BEAT Hazen who you are saying is the only team that can contend with the east. Secondly they played Devils Lake and lost 20-14, so I don't know how you think the East is that much better than the west...as it sits right now more than likely the #2 seed from the east will more than likely have to travel to WC in the state semis and that will be a tough place to play TRUST me!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:38 pm

AAfootballfan wrote:
SweetSweetKyle777 wrote:It baffles me when people think that the the west could contend with the east. Im sorry but everything is there and non of it says the west has "depth." I agree Hazen could be there but its a bit of a stretch to say WC will

It BAFFLES me after reading what you wrote!! How is it a stretch to say that Watford City will contend with the east. First of all they BEAT Hazen who you are saying is the only team that can contend with the east. Secondly they played Devils Lake and lost 20-14, so I don't know how you think the East is that much better than the west...as it sits right now more than likely the #2 seed from the east will more than likely have to travel to WC in the state semis and that will be a tough place to play TRUST me!

Just curious what you meant by your statement.That the #2 team travels to WC and it will be a tough place to play--TRUST me// What are you a WC ref and youre admitting it will be tough for your team to lose?? Its highschool football 1 stadium 2 teams the better of the 2 SHOULD win end of story.
ndfootballwrestling

Postby AAfootballfan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:42 am

ndfootballwrestling wrote:
AAfootballfan wrote:

Just curious what you meant by your statement.That the #2 team travels to WC and it will be a tough place to play--TRUST me// What are you a WC ref and youre admitting it will be tough for your team to lose?? Its highschool football 1 stadium 2 teams the better of the 2 SHOULD win end of story.

Wow I can't believe I have to explain to someone what I meant by saying it will be a tough place to play. Well here ya go...what I ment was that traditionally Fridley Field is a tough place to win for road oppenents in the playoffs. Watford has not lost a home playoff game in a long time! To say Im a ref, you must have no clue in general...wow
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby freshysoon » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:00 pm

Watfords win against Hazen was a fluke and a half i was at that game and watford had probly six plays that they pulled out from god knows where and thats how they scored htey had no talent
freshysoon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AAfootballfan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:31 am

freshysoon wrote:Watfords win against Hazen was a fluke and a half i was at that game and watford had probly six plays that they pulled out from god knows where and thats how they scored htey had no talent

"They had no talent" Well after that quote from you that pretty much makes anything you say on here totally mean nothing due to the fact you have no idea what you are talking about.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby freshysoon » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:00 pm

sorry my bad and i bet u r from watford to right
freshysoon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SweetSweetKyle777 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:48 pm

Freshy you cannot come on here and say teams have no talent, you know that isnt true. It also is a weak arguing point. Saying wild accusations like that make you look like a little kid struggleing for ground in a discussion.
SweetSweetKyle777

Postby freshysoon » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:30 pm

if im a little kid then dont use such big words for me im confused
freshysoon
NDPreps Reserve

Postby inurfacefootball » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:17 pm

watford city has always had a good football program and have battled well in the west so when u go around saying that their win was a fluke just stuff people off and i agree though, hazen does have a very good team and without sorenson the game might've gone the other way but thats football so deal with it
inurfacefootball

Return to AA