Early picks for Poll??

The teams in Class AA.

Re: Early picks for Poll??

Postby ndfootball06 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:35 pm

HeHateMe wrote:
ndfootball06 wrote:In all reality Grafton dominated Devil's Lake in every aspect last year. Look at the stats from that game and it seems almost impossible for DL to have won. There was a huge fumble call that was questionable to say the least and Burdick had a huge interception that game and well Burdick's gone and so is DL's top two RB's, number one WR, and starting QB. So when you say there are really only two teams it makes me wonder how little you know about football. Grafton's usually more of an air it out team but they ran all over DL. Oh and look at that Grafton returns their front five and their entire backfield, so they'll run all over DL again this year. The one question mark for Grafton is at the QB position. If Demers comes back they will still be able to throw the ball, but if he doesn't I'd expect Grafton to run a lot behind the two Martinez's and the two White's.

The beautiful thing about football is that stats don't mean squat week to week or game to game. In the long run it comes down to who makes the big plays, who stops the big plays, and who ends up with the W in the end. And I do believe Devils Lake won the game.Grafton didnt run all over them, nor did they make the big plays when they needed to. Hince the stand on the goal line at the end of the game. Big teams make BIG PLAYS in BIG TIMES.

Look at the number of first downs that game. DL had less than 10 and Grafton had around 30. Grafton was clearly the better team. Look how Devil's Lake scored, Grafton had turnovers inside their own 20 twice. There was also a huge blown fumble call against Grafton that played a HUGE part in the game. Devil's Lake couldn't move the ball on the ground at all against Grafton. Ballard took a beating that game. Grafton was the better team last year and they will be again this year.

Question anything I just said and you are wrong.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby dukefan32 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:16 pm

ndfootball06 wrote:
HeHateMe wrote:
ndfootball06 wrote:In all reality Grafton dominated Devil's Lake in every aspect last year. Look at the stats from that game and it seems almost impossible for DL to have won. There was a huge fumble call that was questionable to say the least and Burdick had a huge interception that game and well Burdick's gone and so is DL's top two RB's, number one WR, and starting QB. So when you say there are really only two teams it makes me wonder how little you know about football. Grafton's usually more of an air it out team but they ran all over DL. Oh and look at that Grafton returns their front five and their entire backfield, so they'll run all over DL again this year. The one question mark for Grafton is at the QB position. If Demers comes back they will still be able to throw the ball, but if he doesn't I'd expect Grafton to run a lot behind the two Martinez's and the two White's.

The beautiful thing about football is that stats don't mean squat week to week or game to game. In the long run it comes down to who makes the big plays, who stops the big plays, and who ends up with the W in the end. And I do believe Devils Lake won the game.Grafton didnt run all over them, nor did they make the big plays when they needed to. Hince the stand on the goal line at the end of the game. Big teams make BIG PLAYS in BIG TIMES.

Look at the number of first downs that game. DL had less than 10 and Grafton had around 30. Grafton was clearly the better team. Look how Devil's Lake scored, Grafton had turnovers inside their own 20 twice. There was also a huge blown fumble call against Grafton that played a HUGE part in the game. Devil's Lake couldn't move the ball on the ground at all against Grafton. Ballard took a beating that game. Grafton was the better team last year and they will be again this year.

Devils Lake made Grafton pay for their turnovers. It doesn't matter how many first downs Grafton had or how Ballard took a beating or if Devils Lake couldn't move the ball. Stats mean nothing, it's all about who scores the most at the end of the game. Here is my question to you, if Grafton was "better" than Devils Lake, how come Devils Lake got all the way to the State Championship Game?
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:16 pm

dukefan32 wrote:
ndfootball06 wrote:
HeHateMe wrote:

Devils Lake made Grafton pay for their turnovers. It doesn't matter how many first downs Grafton had or how Ballard took a beating or if Devils Lake couldn't move the ball. Stats mean nothing, it's all about who scores the most at the end of the game. Here is my question to you, if Grafton was "better" than Devils Lake, how come Devils Lake got all the way to the State Championship Game?

because there a class AAA school lol an couldnt handle there own COMP. so had to move down!! hahaha
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby sweeper » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:44 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
dukefan32 wrote:
ndfootball06 wrote:
HeHateMe wrote:

because there a class AAA school lol an couldnt handle there own COMP. so had to move down!! hahaha

well if that is the case it really doesn't say much about the schools in AA then, DL absolutly sucked then they were AAA and when they moved down they didn't have a ton of competition in AA except for a couple of teams.
sweeper
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HeHateMe » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:22 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
dukefan32 wrote:
ndfootball06 wrote:
HeHateMe wrote:

All I hear from people on this site is a bunch of winey cry babies... Everytime DL does something good it was because they "should" because they're a "AAA Team that couldnt cut it"... give me a dang break.I love how teams and people think that.GET BETTER, GET BIGGER, GET STRONGER, and most of all GROW A PAIR... if your team's looking for accuses, they're not looking to WIN.
HeHateMe
NDPreps Starter

Postby cutter90 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:33 pm

1.Trinty
2.DL
3.Beulah
4.Hazen
5t.Ryan
5t.Grafton

getting votes. Carrington, Valley
cutter90
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball06 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:23 pm

Central Cass will be better than Carrington.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby dukefan32 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:46 pm

cutter90 wrote:1.Trinty
2.DL
3.Beulah
4.Hazen
5t.Ryan
5t.Grafton

I would give votes to Watford City also. They always make the playoffs no matter who they lose.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby NODAKsportsFAN » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:52 pm

Minot Ryan tied for 5th? Didn't they lose just about all of their starters to graduation...or do they have some decent talent in their younger classes?

Also, I've heard Ryan lost all their coaches from last year except their head coach Kramer...any word on who will be coaching with him and will this hurt their chances?
NODAKsportsFAN

Postby cutter90 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:02 am

Grafton has there whole front 5 back that were strong last year and there back field i would look for them to be a top team in the east all year.
cutter90
NDPreps Starter

Postby sweeper » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:41 pm

cutter90 wrote:Grafton has there whole front 5 back that were strong last year and there back field i would look for them to be a top team in the east all year.

Grafton will be good, no doubt about that, but i think they will have a tough battle with DL for first in the east.
sweeper
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dukefan32 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:13 pm

sweeper wrote:
cutter90 wrote:Grafton has there whole front 5 back that were strong last year and there back field i would look for them to be a top team in the east all year.

Grafton will be good, no doubt about that, but i think they will have a tough battle with DL for first in the east.

That should be a good game...
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby packerfan10 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:26 pm

i'd have to give watford city a vote too
packerfan10

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:37 pm

HeHateMe wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:
dukefan32 wrote:
ndfootball06 wrote:
HeHateMe wrote:

All I hear from people on this site is a bunch of winey cry babies... Everytime DL does something good it was because they "should" because they're a "AAA Team that couldnt cut it"... give me a dang break.I love how teams and people think that.GET BETTER, GET BIGGER, GET STRONGER, and most of all GROW A PAIR... if your team's looking for accuses, they're not looking to WIN.

The reality of it is that Devils Lake had a very talented team, perhaps one of their better teams in school history. They would have easily been around the .500 mark in AAA. They had nearly everyone returning from their 1 win season in AAA, so it's only natural that you would see vast improvement and immediate success in AA. But that is going to be very hard to repeat this year with all of their offensive weapons and defensive standouts gone. I believe that they are going to struggle to sustain a winning record this upcoming season.
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:27 am

cutter90 wrote:1.Trinty
2.DL
3.Beulah
4.Hazen
5t.Ryan
5t.Grafton

Trinity's problem the next two years or so will be numbers. They don't have many seniors or sophomores out. Long term their freshman and junior high numbers look very good....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to AA