There's always next year...

The teams in Class AA.

Postby Wombat » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:24 pm

Who is going to be good in 2006-2007?

Who has a lot of returning talent? who are the best juniors in the state???

Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Y-not Daily » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:09 am

South and Minot in Class AAA

Watford City in Class AA (although it is impossible to count out Trinity)

No clue in Class A, maybe North Border.. I think their QB and best WR are back???

9-man... Westhope's quarterback is solid...Tri-County, Richland and Divide all lose a lot... so probably not a team from the semis this year, although I don't know much about New Salem.
Y-not Daily

Postby ndfan » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:45 pm

AAA I have to agree with South will reload and Minot gave Central a run for there money this year and they were pretty young i think. Central will be down they lose alot of seniors. Ya never know what North and West Fargo will bring to the table.

AA Trinity will find a way to be competitive, Watford city has been pretty quiet the past few years possible they could make some noise this year. No clue about what the east has got coming back in Rugby, Lisbon, Hatton and Oak Grove. Cavalier is the only team those three years that i can think of that have won a state championship since AA has started for the east.

A Velva I would have to say is favorite tell somebody beats them. Cavalier lost pretty much everything including there head Coach so they will be in rebuilding stage. North Border lost there QB Stanhope and WR Winkler to graduation, Harvey loses the Lemer boys and Volk. Park River loses alot of there good kids i think. I'm not sure about Larimore. So right now i would say Velva is the favorite tell someone beats them.

9-man thats a toss up cause there are so many teams
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 22 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:23 pm

I think in class A Velva could be the favorite they have alot of returning talent in the Juniors the juniors were a good part of the championship this year and they are the returning champions there region should be tough again next year without a doubt

Postby bison_18 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:04 pm

Yes, Velva will be the team to beat. Even after losing a talented group of seniors, most if the skill positions will be filled w/o any dropoff from last year. Most of the teams in class A were hit hard by graduation. With the coaches they have in Velva, they are not a team you want to be playing, especially in the playoffs.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby Y-not Daily » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:33 am

Velva brings back a lot of skilled position kids, but they lose some of their key players on the line and replacing Weidler won't be easy.
Even though they lost a lot of skilled kids the year before, they brought back Weidler, and that allowed them to develop their younger kids w/out having to worry about QB.
I still wouldn't bet against them.
Y-not Daily

Postby bison_18 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:06 pm

Yes, that's true. The QB spot will be up for grabs, but with the way Velva runs their offense, you don't need a 5 star athlete at QB. The running game is always solid, they run play action off of that. Hopefully they can find some underclassmen to step up and be solid on the o-line.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby TNT » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:02 pm

The velva team will not have as much speed next year.  The junior class only has 1-2 kids in it so they will have to go to freshmen and sophmores for players. 
TNT
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:21 pm

All I will be talking about is AAA football because thats all that really matters.  Fargo South, Fargo North, and West Fargo should be the tops teams in the east.  With South being the top team in the state.  dang they're gonna be loaded next year.  I would be scared to play them.  In the west, Minot should be the leader with Bismarck, Century, and Jamestown not far behind.  St. Mary's might be up there too with a pretty good Senior class coming in.  Even though they sucked last year.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby bison_18 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:30 pm

AAA is all that matters. Really. I could garantee you more people watched the Cavalier vs. Velva game then Fargo South vs. Central. AAA is not all that good. Go watch some fb where everyone plays both ways. There's just as many good players in A and AA as in AAA. Go ahead and take a poll, people would rather watch anything but AAA FB in ND.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:42 pm

Actually I think all the divisions were pretty entertaining last year.  But if you play in one level obviously you are biased.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bison_18 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:45 pm

I might be a little bit, yeah. It just seems like class B schools in general get more support during state and what not. The communities really back the team. I guess I really don't know about the bigger schools.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:29 pm

I think the small towns get sick of the big towns thinking they have the best teams all the time just because they are bigger. Basically it is a RESPECT deal, Class A schools dont respect Class B schools in my opinion.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:56 am

Yeah I'll admit I was being bias with my comment.  Class A schools do think they are tougher and better then Class B.  But in my opinion I think AAA football is more entertaining and better to watch.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:18 am

Class A all around wise will have more better teams theres no doubt about that wont even argue that, there are SOME class B schools every year that can compete with class A schools but not on a year in year out basis.

AAA football is probably more exciting all around wise, but when those state championship games come AA teams can be just as exciting. I would take the last 8 years AA state champions and they could compete with AAA teams and even win state at the AAA level.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby TNT » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:00 pm

Minot Ryan has the enrollment to drop down to play class A but they are scared to play Stanley or Velva.  Class A is better than Class AA Cavalier (not the best team they had over the last few years) was crushed by a Velva team.  I'm not 100% sure but Killdeer gives Dickinson Trinity a good game every year and they are not one of the top Class A schools.  Velva has dominated Ryan for the last 7 years.  Stanley also dominatd DLB class AA till last year.  Harvey vs Carrington not up on that game so much so i have no idea.  Harvey vs Rugby again not so sure on all the outcomes. 
TNT
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:52 pm

This year class A might have been better then AA, but in the past AA has had the better top teams Watford City in 98 was awesome, 2000-01 Dickinson Trinity teams with Steffes DOMINATED the competition, Cavaliers 2002-03 teams were awesome too. Class A has some great teams not taking anything away from it but those teams i mentioned were just a notch or two better.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jessi-Kay126 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:07 am

[font=comic sans ms]Well i think velva will be in it next year... i think they have more talent returning than you think. They will always be competative because of Coach Sandy.[/font]
Last edited by Jessi-Kay126 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jessi-Kay126

Postby ndfan » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:00 pm

It's Velva's to win next year, nobody in the east in class A I don't think will be very competitive. The state champion in that division will come from out West in my opinion. I just can't think of anyone in the east that will have a good team next year. Anybody have a team that will be competitive?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:21 pm

anybody know where Joe Krivarchka is going to college?
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndproduct » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:21 pm

He is going to play at Northern State in Aberdeen.
ndproduct
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 55 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:47 pm

i think velva is the team in the class A division they have a good group of guys and Coach Sandy will be able to figure it out
NDPreps Rookie

Postby lefty » Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:37 pm

how come the velva supporters keep repeating themselves
lefty
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:53 am

So what will Trinity reload with? They always have a good team, I can't remember the last time they didnt have a good team. Anybody know what they have this year team wise?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby scruffy » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:47 pm

Trinity returns most of their skill positions.  There quarterback will be bigger, so the option should work again for them.  They will have an entire new line, but  have several upcoming seniors and a few juniors who should be able to fill in.   Beulah and Hazen lost  more skill positions, but their lines are returning.  Going back to junior high, this years upcoming seniors at Hazen, Beulah,  Watford City  and Trinity have been  evenly matched .  Trinity's kids may have developed a bit more then the other three schools.  The last time they truly played each other as a class was their freshman year because they all had some players who started on varsity as sophomores.  Their freshman season, Trinity dominated all three schools.
Last edited by scruffy on Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to AA