2007 AA prediction

The teams in Class AA.

Postby crazy » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:29 pm

just wondering what the AA teams are going to be like next year.
crazy
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:54 pm

I just touched on the west on another topic.  Trinity, Beulah, Hazen, and Watford City shcould be tough in the West.  Look out for Ryan because they were so young, and Bottineau has good size.  So it should be a competitive region.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Y-not Daily » Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:28 pm

I'll take Watford City. They return almost everyone. Ryan returns a lot of good players. Hazen, Rugby, Trinity and Beulah all lose a lot and they were the 4 semifinal teams last year. ( I could be wrong). That being said, the four coaches of those teams are all good and those teams could return. Don't know much about the East.
Y-not Daily

Postby ndfan » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:01 am

I'm gonna say the favorite is somewhere out west to win it this year. The East well I just don't know who can compete with those teams out their. Maybe Oak Grove and Lisbon. Maybe Hatton Northwood I don't know what they bring back either. I think the shift of power in AA is going back out west, with the 3 state championships Cavalier won I think those are the only championships won by an east team in AA. So I would say look for a West team to win it this year.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby crazy » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:50 am

does anyone know anything about rugby? i know they were pretty good last year, they gave trinity a scare in the semifinals last year. are they returning alot of players and if they are is it any of the skill positions?
crazy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Y-not Daily » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:23 pm

Rugby was very good last year, but lost a lot of their skilled-position guys.
Cody Goetz was Rugby's starting QB for the last three years. He was East senior athlete of the year last season and a first-team all-stater. They also lost Cody Gronvold, who I believe was a first-team all-state tailback. He was maybe the best run/catch combo guy in the state.
I know they had an all-state LB as well, but I don't know whether he was a senior or not.
Y-not Daily

Postby crazy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:02 pm

just wonderign if any of the teams went to any team camps and wondering how they looked. i know trinity went to the hawks camp and they looked pretty good, defenitly need to get better in some areas but they looked good overall.
crazy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:06 pm

Yeah Trinity looked pretty good at the DSU Camp.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:12 pm

When was the last time a Trinity football team didn't look good? Its been a while. Who is their stud this year, its gone Steffes, Chad Glasser, and Landon Smith in the past?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby boysbballfan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:35 pm

Brian Marsh who scored the touchdown the gave Trinity the lead in the championship will be there stud they also have Daniel Carr and a few others that gives them a very dangerous backfield.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:16 pm

Where does Maresh stand with the past running backs like Steffes and Glasser? I think Steffes was by far Trinitys best running back I don't know enough about their program any further then these guys.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby boysbballfan » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:00 pm

He is a big bruising back who would rather put his head down and run though someone rather than try and juke them so he is not in the same league as steffes or glasser but he gets the job done.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby crazy » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:25 am

bbalfan is right he isnt going to be the one to try and juke someone. marsh is also pretty fast soo if he can get into the open field he can be dangerous.
crazy
NDPreps Starter

Return to AA