Championship

The teams in Class AA.

Championship

Postby ndsubball » Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:10 pm

Now that we are down to the final two teams what are everyones predictions on Devils Lake vs. Fargo Oak Grove? I have DL winning a good game and getting revenge on Oak Grove from their loss to them earlier in the year
ndsubball

Re: Championship

Postby Dlineman08 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:52 am

Its a toss up!
Dlineman08

Postby Juan » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:33 am

If Devils Lake plays like they did the last 3 quarters of the Ryan game there is no way way Fargo can beat them. Devils Lake absolutely dominated Ryan in the last 3 quarters and Ryan didn't even get a first down in the 2nd half. The Ryan defense couldn't do much either with 38 points given up in 3 quarters and I believe Ryan's defense had only been allowing 5 points per game throughout the season. Devils Lake wanted it more than Ryan and REALLY came to life starting in the second quarter. If DL shows up like they did in the first quarter of the Ryan game then it is going to be a repeat of the first match up between DL and Oak Grove. I believe that had a final score of 3-0 in favor of Oak Grove. I think Devils Lake will be hungry enough and will win by 2 touchdowns-21-7.
Juan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thundercat 99 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:04 pm

I'll take Devils Lake in a low scoring, grind it out type of game
''You play to win the game!''
thundercat 99
NDPreps Starter

Postby mags » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:32 pm

i really dont think this one will be close at all. i got DL by at least 2 touchdowns prolly more as long as they dont sit on a lead and keep playing
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby dukebbfan12 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:21 am

i gotta take oak grove.. good game but they come out and don't make and dumb mistakes and take care of the football their getting the W
dukebbfan12

Postby Dlineman08 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:08 pm

I think everyone is underestimating The Grove. Yes, they have made mistakes but they always come back with something positive to counter those mistakes. OG will beat Devils lake school for the deaf by a TD.
Dlineman08

Postby Baller » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:29 pm

They probably would beat the school of the deaf if that is who they were playing
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rature68 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:37 pm

its gonna be a good game either way. i think that oak grove can pull it off and come out with the W though. as long as they can play their game 1st half they should be fine. they are a major 2nd half team and always come back out ready to play.
rature68

Postby rocknagolface69 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:54 pm

I will take Oak Grove with a 3 point win. Pipeline will lead the Grovers to a win against Devils. Amen.
rocknagolface69

Postby DeuceTrey » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:33 pm

rature68 wrote:its gonna be a good game either way. i think that oak grove can pull it off and come out with the W though. as long as they can play their game 1st half they should be fine. they are a major 2nd half team and always come back out ready to play.

I think DL is a better 2nd half team than Oak Grove. Look at their second halves against Rugby, the second Watford City game and the Minot game. If DL can come out at the beginning of the game like they do in the second half of the game they should be set.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Claz B Fan » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:39 pm

Pipeline?? who or what is that your ignorance is not wanted or needed here
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dl11 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:55 pm

i think DL will dominate. look at these guys. losing 20-0 at the quarter and come back to win with 38 unanswered points? tell me that isn't skills. devils lake all the way.
dl11

Postby rep » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:02 pm

falling behind by 20 points isn't skills.
rep

Postby 666 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:19 pm

rep wrote:falling behind by 20 points isn't skills.

it isnt skill but some skill is needed to hold this amazing minot ryan team to 0 points the 2nd half and scoring at will the last 3 qtrs. After that happening i cannot see how DL cannot beat Oak Grove as long as they dont turn the ball over like they did the first time they met. I think there were like 3 ints and a couple fumbles but still give oak grove credit for making it but this is as far as i see them. They dont have the talent of DL and DL has developed a kicker of their own so i dont see a 3-0 game.

Postby rature68 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:32 pm

dl11 wrote:i think DL will dominate. look at these guys. losing 20-0 at the quarter and come back to win with 38 unanswered points? tell me that isn't skills. devils lake all the way.

DL was frantic in the first quarter, which really didnt help. But from what ive seen and heard after DL got back in the game Ryan lost alot of their fight. If they would have stayed in the game i think they could have beaten DL. Not saying they arent a good team you dont get that far and aren't a good team.

I think that its really gonna come down to comes out ready to play.
rature68

Postby burtonman09 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:54 pm

Ya Dl and OG should be a really good game. Dl is looking for the revnege win, because they lost to them earlier in the season 3-0. but I think that if OG plays there game the way ive heard they can, i am pretty sure they will come out on top. OG is a solid team, as far as ive heard. thye have many solid players. Arneson, Hvidston,Eggers,Frappier,Kays, Rustvang, Freji, Smith, Hofer, and harmelink the kicker is pretty solid for being a sophmore.
burtonman09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby burtonman09 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:14 am

dl11 wrote:i think DL will dominate. look at these guys. losing 20-0 at the quarter and come back to win with 38 unanswered points? tell me that isn't skills. devils lake all the way.

well i am pretty sure you are a player for Dl and you just want to talk up your team!!!
burtonman09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bert1072 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:27 am

Godd comments all the way until the kids get in there. It should be a great game all the way. I think alot will depend on how DL comes out because OG has the tourn experience wher DL doesn't. If DL comes out and plays right away i believe it will probably a 7-14 pt game either way. Should be interesting
bert1072
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Stromer » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:01 am

I think I will take DL by 21.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Dareybuck » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:55 pm

burtonman09 wrote:

well i am pretty sure you are a player for Dl and you just want to talk up your team!!!

ya dl11 you probly are a 9th grader at dl and fail to relize OG is 10-1 for a reason(same as dl)and its going to be a awsome game to even be apart of so dont get so over the top
a great player can win a game but a TEAM can win EVERY game.
Dareybuck
NDPreps Starter

Postby Juan » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:41 pm

bert1072 wrote:Godd comments all the way until the kids get in there. It should be a great game all the way. I think alot will depend on how DL comes out because OG has the tourn experience wher DL doesn't. If DL comes out and plays right away i believe it will probably a 7-14 pt game either way. Should be interesting

I agree with you. I think DL can control their destiny by deciding which way they come out and play. DL seems to be either really high in the big games or making alot of errors. Sounds like that is what happened in the first game against OG and the first quarter of the Ryan game. Give them kudos for turning the last 3 quarters of the Ryan game into an astounishing come back after being down 20-0 at the end of the first. If DL plays like the last 3 quarters of the Ryan game I don't see how OG can beat them but there is that first quarter of the Ryan game hanging out there for the OG fans-should be a GREAT game!!!
Juan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby digger » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:23 pm

The teams are pretty evenly matched in most areas; running game, line play (both sides of the ball), linebackers, (Oak Grove slight advantage), special teams (Oak Grove might have an edge in the kicking department), depth, (Devils Lake has the advantage). Two areas where Devils Lake has a big advantage is where I think the game might be decided. Passing game and pass defense. Devils Lake doesn't exactly air it out, but they have athletes at positions who can make plays in the passing game. They also do a good job defending the pass. Oak Grove's passing game consists of the occasional completion in the flat to a back or tight end. Teams don't have to prepare for Oak Grove's passing game. They don't do a great job defending the pass either. Their best pass defense comes from terrific pressure they can put on the QB. I think Devils Lake is likely to hit a few big plays that might determine the outcome. If Devils Lake gets up early, Oak Grove's ball control/grind it out offense (which they are very good at), would have trouble playing catchup.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dukebbfan12 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:23 am

digger wrote:The teams are pretty evenly matched in most areas; running game, line play (both sides of the ball), linebackers, (Oak Grove slight advantage), special teams (Oak Grove might have an edge in the kicking department), depth, (Devils Lake has the advantage). Two areas where Devils Lake has a big advantage is where I think the game might be decided. Passing game and pass defense. Devils Lake doesn't exactly air it out, but they have athletes at positions who can make plays in the passing game. They also do a good job defending the pass. Oak Grove's passing game consists of the occasional completion in the flat to a back or tight end. Teams don't have to prepare for Oak Grove's passing game. They don't do a great job defending the pass either. Their best pass defense comes from terrific pressure they can put on the QB. I think Devils Lake is likely to hit a few big plays that might determine the outcome. If Devils Lake gets up early, Oak Grove's ball control/grind it out offense (which they are very good at), would have trouble playing catchup.

well i dont know how oak groves pass defence is bad even though they picked off DL's QB 4 times when they played earlier........
dukebbfan12

Postby bert1072 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:32 am

Lets not go overboard here. you can support both teams but heres the thing they played each other early in the year. alot has changed since then for both teams. you don't know which team has injuries, where each has made changes. example is DL seems to now have a kicker, from looking at the stats. og ground game seems to be running on all cylinders so all this posturing by the kids and players is not worth it. As I have said it should be a great team between 2 10-1 teams with a whole lot of simularities so lets have fun with it
bert1072
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to AA