2019 predictions

The teams in Class AA.

2019 predictions

Postby elfman77 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:59 pm

2019 is going to be a very interesting year for AA with the realignment anyway here are my predictions

East
1.Devils Lake
2.HCV
3.Kindred
4.Wahpeton
5.Valley City
6.Central Cass

West
1.St Marys
2.Beulah
3.Hazen
4.Stanley
5.Belcourt
6.Watford city

Championship game st marys over dl
elfman77
NDPreps Reserve

Re: 2019 predictions

Postby NDsportsfan05 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:31 pm

I heard Stanley isn’t even playing a varsity schedule. They didn’t have enough players and are planning on playing jv only, anyone know if this is true?
NDsportsfan05
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:18 pm

NDsportsfan05 wrote:I heard Stanley isn’t even playing a varsity schedule. They didn’t have enough players and are planning on playing jv only, anyone know if this is true?

It’s true per their AD...80% of the 16 out for FB are underclassmen
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby 5-time state chump » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:33 am

As of now....(10/5/19)...it looks like AA is wide open, with everyone having chinks in their armor.

HCV - 14-13 over Devils Lake in OT. Coulda been an off night. The weather/match up. Injuries during the game may have had a part also. But, 14-13 .... a very winnable game for DL. HCV looked much the better team than Beulah or STM.

DL - Lost by a point to HCV, got thumped by Beulah.

Beulah - Lost to HCV, was down big to STM, came back to win by a point. Beat VC by 2 TDs, but had a 1 TD lead with 4 minutes to go. Beat DL handily.

VC - Thumped by STM, beat Hazen narrowly, beat Kindred 13-0, lost to Beulah by 2 TDs, but game within striking distance for VC.

STM - hard luck team of AA so far. Lost to Shanley by 2, lost big lead to Beulah and lost by 1. Lost to HCV by 13. 3 losses by a combined 16 points. One of them to Shanley who has been doing well in AAA. STM is still a dangerous team.

Kindred - Looked good early on. Beat Hazen decisively. Lost 13-0 to VC.

Hazen - Lost close game to Beulah, Close game to VC, Lost handily to Kindred

Looks like any of the above teams, on the right night could beat each other, aside from HCV. But then again, they went to OT with DL. Probably a good year to justify 8 of the 11 teams making the playoffs.

Based on all of the factors above....

Final 4
Beulah @ VC
STM @ HCV
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby JMHS » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:14 pm

5-time state chump wrote:As of now....(10/5/19)...it looks like AA is wide open, with everyone having chinks in their armor.

HCV - 14-13 over Devils Lake in OT. Coulda been an off night. The weather/match up. Injuries during the game may have had a part also. But, 14-13 .... a very winnable game for DL. HCV looked much the better team than Beulah or STM.

Beulah - Lost to HCV, was down big to STM, came back to win by a point. Beat VC by 2 TDs, but had a 1 TD lead with 4 minutes to go. Beat DL handily.

VC - Thumped by STM, beat Hazen narrowly, beat Kindred 13-0, lost to Beulah by 2 TDs, but game within striking distance for VC.

STM - hard luck team of AA so far. Lost to Shanley by 2, lost big lead to Beulah and lost by 1. Lost to HCV by 13. 3 losses by a combined 16 points. One of them to Shanley who has been doing well in AAA. STM is still a dangerous team.

Looks like any of the above teams, on the right night could beat each other, aside from HCV. But then again, they went to OT with DL. Probably a good year to justify 8 of the 11 teams making the playoffs.

Final 4
Beulah @ VC
STM @ HCV

Your Final 4 teams seem logical, but if VC was to meet Beulah in the playoffs, wouldn’t Beulah be the home team? Assuming that Beulah wins out and is the #1 seed in the West?
JMHS
NDPreps Starter

Postby 5-time state chump » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:18 pm

JMHS wrote:
5-time state chump wrote:As of now....(10/5/19)...it looks like AA is wide open, with everyone having chinks in their armor.

Final 4
Beulah @ VC
STM @ HCV

Your Final 4 teams seem logical, but if VC was to meet Beulah in the playoffs, wouldn’t Beulah be the home team? Assuming that Beulah wins out and is the #1 seed in the West?

Absolutely. I realized it today when talking to someone else...they corrected me, and I was like..."oh...yeah...I need to go change it on preps." I forgot to though. Good catch. :thumbsup:

VC @ Beulah
STM @ HCV

You look at so many of the teams...and their records could be drastically different. I know, I know, if the queen had balls she'd be king.

STM could go into playoffs just above .500 and win it all.
VC seems to have improved the most since week 1 - mainly on defense.
Beulah has won some close ones. Yeah, they still won, which is all that matters, but I'd be more confident if they were winning by 20
HCV - Depending on why they only won by 1 vs DL... well....might be beatable...but maybe that game was their "bottom" and maybe they had injuries, etc. Or maybe just a horrible matchup for HCV. DL's line looked big.

This year is so open. Only ones I'd throw out are CC, Wahp, TM and WC.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:07 am

It depends on who can stay healthy and who can have some replacement players step up. Two or 3 key players get hurt on HCV..... they might be in trouble. I have seen it with different teams this year. I think 6 teams could win.... Valley City Defense is great and they actually don't hold on every offensive play... They can be really good. Bismarck.... well they have depth and talent but can beat anyone and get beat by anyone. Hazen... if they come up against a dline that is under performing... they are hard to beat. Beulah... a few key injuries they are in the boat as everybody else. Kindred... if they get healthy and get the offense clicking... they can beat anyone.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sniper » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:25 pm

I think the only team that could afford to lose some key players and still be in the hunt was St. Mary's, but they have already experienced that with Heinert getting hurt in the first quarter of week one. They also lost one of their starting WRs for the year during the preseason and have a starting Safety and LB injured right now.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby 5-time state chump » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:05 pm

This weeks games proved more of what we already know. Are some teams better? Yes. But I think any of the top 7 could beat each other on a given day. Deepest I've seen Class AA in years. Probably deepest regardless of class.

1.) HCV
2.) STM
3.) Beulah
4.) VC
5.) DL/Kindred/Hazen
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:15 am

HCV
Beulah
VC
DL/Kindred
Bis
Hazen
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby 5-time state chump » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:38 am

5-time state chump wrote: (October 14, 2019)

1.) HCV
2.) STM
3.) Beulah
4.) VC

The Chump Ratings, new as of 11/4/2019
1.) STM
2.) HCV
3.) Beulah
4.) VC
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to AA