2007 AA football

The teams in Class AA.

Postby AAfootballfan » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:26 pm

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:How many losing seasons has Mr. Fridley had in his 30 years of coaching????

I believe 5 and those were all in the last few years...

1999 they were 4-5

2001 they were 2-7

2002 they were 4-5

2003 they were 1-8

2004 they were 4-5

Five tough years but the program is definately on the rise! That was 30 losses in those five seasons, but you gotta consider Coach Fridley has only around 80 losses or so in his whole career along with around 260 victories and 8 state titles.

Last edited by AAfootballfan on Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AAfootballfan » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:29 pm

CoachG wrote:I see this happen all the time also, but if you take the top four teams in a region and play the bottom four teams in the region, 9 out of 10 times the top teams win. This is not college or pros.

I watch a lot of games. Last years champion was Watford City, their Coach has been there for many years and is considered an excellent coach. The last couple of years the team did very well. What about the years before that? It must have been the coach's fault.

If you are saying that the losing seasons that Watford had the a few years ago was Coach Fridley's fault you are so wrong!!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:02 am

No he was not blaming coach Fridley he was simply trying to make a point to me.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby CoachG » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:12 am

Thanks for proving my point. Coach Fridley is an excellent coach, but by the end of the 2004 season, people thought he was washed up and wanted him out. It was not his coaching that was to blame, they just did not have the athletes to compete in AA.
CoachG
CoachG
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Levi Geffre » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:30 am

Penn State is terrible. North Carolina is the best.
Levi Geffre

Postby Zagfanjerry » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:09 pm

Levi Geffre wrote:Penn State is terrible. North Carolina is the best.

Yea they sure prove that year in and year out now dont they??
Zagfanjerry

Postby DeuceTrey » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:17 pm

Levi Geffre wrote:Penn State is terrible. North Carolina is the best.

and that has what to do with AA football?
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby football#1 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:12 pm

So what are we to expect from teams this year i mean football aint to far away ..what are ur looks for the first games of the season u got DL vs trinity------VC vs Lisbon------hazen vs Carrington----i dnt know who rugby plays but
football#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby SportsAreLife » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:26 pm

football#1 wrote:So what are we to expect from teams this year i mean football aint to far away ..what are ur looks for the first games of the season u got DL vs trinity------VC vs Lisbon------hazen vs Carrington----i dnt know who rugby plays but

trinity vs. DL well probably be a very good game. My guess would be Lisbon over VC and hazen beating carrington.
SportsAreLife

Postby DeuceTrey » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:44 pm

football#1 wrote:So what are we to expect from teams this year i mean football aint to far away ..what are ur looks for the first games of the season u got DL vs trinity------VC vs Lisbon------hazen vs Carrington----i dnt know who rugby plays but

DL vs. Trinity will be a very interesting game. DL has a lot of returning experience and a lot to live up to with the move, and Trinity has to prove they can come back after losing so much, and prove they are still a good team. but at the end, it wont really matter, since the only thing that counts is the conference record. but i sure will give us something to talk to us.

and why would VC play Lisbon? didnt Lisbon go to single A
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SportsAreLife » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:48 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:

DL vs. Trinity will be a very interesting game. DL has a lot of returning experience and a lot to live up to with the move, and Trinity has to prove they can come back after losing so much, and prove they are still a good team. but at the end, it wont really matter, since the only thing that counts is the conference record. but i sure will give us something to talk to us.

and why would VC play Lisbon? didnt Lisbon go to single A

that actually doesn't matter that because they are still 11 man, plus a couple AA teams play A teams every year

Killdeer vs Watford City, Killdeer vs Trinity(up until a couple years ago), Ryan vs Velva
SportsAreLife

Postby CoachG » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:22 am

AA and A play a lot of times the first game. Trying to keep the rivalrys lost when the 11 man teams were split up. Rugby plays Harvey, always a great game! Trinity and DL will be interesting.
CoachG
CoachG
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to AA