Watford City vs. Trinity game thread

The teams in Class AA.

Postby Shocker » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:04 am

Has this game started yet?
Any updates?
Shocker
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:26 am

I can't find it on the radio...anywhere...THANK YOU NDHSAA....must be TV only?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:27 am

just made a phone call. 7-7 middle of 2nd quarter

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Shocker » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:28 am

Thanks for the update!
Shocker
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:47 am

7-7 4 minutes left in 2nd quarter

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:03 pm

Watford City 14
Trinity 7

Halftime
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:57 pm

20-7 Watford City with about 7 minutes left in 4th

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:39 pm

Congrats to the Wolves on a 20-14 win over Dickinson Trinity. Game didn't seem as close as the score showed. Wolves defense showed up and played well.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndman11 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:10 pm

Was at the game. Wolves Def played very well, but the Trinity Qb had two very poor throws that were picked, one for a td.
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:14 am

It was a typical Trinity game.  It seems they were fighting themselves with turnovers and penalties as much as they were fighting Watford City on Friday.  I know they wish they would have brought their "A" game, but it doesn't always work out that way.  All in all a darn good season and yes.....their future is bright.  They have some good returning players coming back next year and again should be in a position to make a run...By the way Titans, if this is the worst thing that happens to you during the course of your lives, you are going to have one great ride!  Congratulations on another great season...You provided your fans with many thrills.  Remember the journey is the reward....
Last edited by scruffy on Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby 72 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:55 pm

scruffy wrote:It was a typical Trinity game.  It seems they were fighting themselves with turnovers and penalties as much as they were fighting Watford City on Friday.  I know they wish they would have brought their "A" game, but it doesn't always work out that way.  All in all a darn good season and yes.....their future is bright.  They have some good returning players coming back next year and again should be in a position to make a run...By the way Titans, if this is the worst thing that happens to you during the course of your lives, you are going to have one great ride!  Congratulations on another great season...You provided your fans with many thrills.  Remember the journey is the reward....

excuses, excuses

they didn't bring their A game the first time they played watford either did they?
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballcrasher » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:53 am

No one is making excuses. Watford won...they capitilized on the QBs mistakes. Two less turnovers by Trinity, and scoring after the punt block, changes the entire game. But that didn't happen. Trinity had a heck of a season, they may have been the only ones in the State who thought they could get back to the Bowl....and they did. They stuck with it and never quit. Congrats on the Great Season!
Mediocrity always discriminates excellance.
bballcrasher
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:19 am

I know they didn't bring their "A" game the first time the played, but the more I think about it, maybe that was their "A" game.  They played like that all year.  The only time they played exceptional was against Hazen, and who knows maybe they played way over their heads that day....
Last edited by scruffy on Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Tide04 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:47 pm

I don't know if you'd call it playing way over their heads or not, but they played almost the perfect game that day.  I don't think Hazen brought their "A" game, but I don't think that takes anything away from what Trinity did that Saturday.  I watched the title game, and I think part of Trinity not playing their "A" game was a result of Watford City playing intense, spirited football.  They controlled both the offensive and defensive lines.  I personally think that the Watford D-lineman took away some of the things Trinity likes to do best(the trap!), put pressure on the QB, and generally forced Trinity into some of the mistakes that they made.  Both teams had excellent seasons and should be proud of how they finished.
Tide04
NDPreps Reserve

Postby carolina blue » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:04 pm

[font=georgia]scruffy how come you are dissing your own sons team[/font]
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby mags » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:28 pm

im shure scruffy wouldnt want to be eregant about his sons team and have everyone on this site get on his case about it
  trinity played awesome when they played hazen and i do believe that was their A game
but when u think about it how often to high school kids play w/o mistakes and play a whole complete game
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:35 pm

I'm not cutting them down.  Taking second in state is some accomplishment.  However I'm calling a spade a spade and believe the game they played last Friday was about average for them.  They were awesome against Hazen, it was by far their best effort of the season.  It would have taken another effort like that to win the title because of the speed on Watford Citys defense.  As parents we wanted  to see our team be in a position to make a run down the stretch.  They did that and came very close to winning it all.  I hope the team is proud of their accomplishments because I know their parents are.  Repeating what I posted earlier you gave your fans many thrills this season and deserve to be congratulated on another exceptional season.  Remember...The journey is the reward....
Last edited by scruffy on Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby westpower » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:05 am

Congrats Wolves
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Return to AA