Hazen

The teams in Class AA.

Postby Thunder66 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:00 pm

i play for Hatton-Northwood, we lost to Hazen 42-12 on saturday.  Hazen is a VERY good team and i would be surprised if they aren't playin in grand forks in the state championship but they are a team that has no class, they were dirty, cheep, and showed us ZERO respect, i lost all respect i had for that team on saturday

last year we traveled to beulah for the playoffs and we were treated very well and it was a great football game, it was completely the opposite on saturday, Hazen made the last football game of my life miserable and i will never forget how i was treated that afternoon
Thunder66

Postby 72 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:08 pm

i've played against hazen many times, and i know nick ecroth and galvin....

it comes down to who wants it the most dude......

football is a great sport, and sometimes alittle intimidation can help you win football games
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfbfan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:09 pm

Thunder66 wrote:i play for Hatton-Northwood, we lost to Hazen 42-12 on saturday.  Hazen is a VERY good team and i would be surprised if they aren't playin in grand forks in the state championship but they are a team that has no class, they were dirty, cheep, and showed us ZERO respect, i lost all respect i had for that team on saturday

last year we traveled to beulah for the playoffs and we were treated very well and it was a great football game, it was completely the opposite on saturday, Hazen made the last football game of my life miserable and i will never forget how i was treated that afternoon

I would really like to know what exactly happened?? What was cheap, dirty and showing no class??? They pulled their starters in the 3rd quarter. It is the playoffs. Honestly, what happened that made you feel this way?? If something really happened, then I'm sorry for you having to feel that way. If you want to talk about dirty and cheap, then explain yourself. Your QB was injured. It wasn't a dirty play. He got rolled over by a 300 pound lineman. It's football. But please do explain.
ndfbfan

Postby Double G » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:09 pm

I saw the Hazen/Hatton game. It depends what side of the ball your talking about, but to me Hatton looked cheap on defense.

The Hatton/Northwood defense line men were just throwing themselves to the ground to cover holes. Not only is it unperductive, it takes the d-line right out of the game.

The only thing i saw Hazen do was hold the d-line down. Something they should have done to prevent the d-line to make plays.

If you can't play with the big boys, get off the field.

As for beulah! I guess they cleaned their act up in playoffs last year. Never unsportsmanlike the first time Hazen played them.

I understand though. If it was my last game i would be spiteful too
Last edited by Double G on Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Double G
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TKR53 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:58 pm

[align=left]OK, I play for HN too.  I dont think it was anything to do with the score of the game.  Yeah it was a playoff game and everything and it didnt matter when they pulled their starters.  Its just that when you where on the bottom of a pile or the play was over they would just be cheap.  They would give you a cheap blow hear and a cheap blow there which really wasnt called for.   There a good team and have a huge line, there is no reason why they shouldnt take state.[/align]
TKR53
NDPreps Rookie

Postby showtime » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:44 pm

So what do you mean by a cheap blow here and a cheap blow there while under the pile.  I just would like to know what you mean by it.
showtime
NDPreps Reserve

Postby T-Bone » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:45 pm

TKR53 wrote:[align=left]OK, I play for HN too.  I dont think it was anything to do with the score of the game.  Yeah it was a playoff game and everything and it didnt matter when they pulled their starters.  Its just that when you where on the bottom of a pile or the play was over they would just be cheap.  They would give you a cheap blow hear and a cheap blow there which really wasnt called for.   There a good team and have a huge line, there is no reason why they shouldnt take state.[/align]

I watched the game and didn't see any of these so called cheap blows. If they did happen to occur though, it shouldn't surprise you and cause you to start a topic of this nature. These cheap blows tend to occur in any football game. It is just the nature of the game-rough. This doesn't mean Hazen is a cheap team.
T-Bone

Postby ndfbfan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:55 pm

TKR53 wrote:[align=left]OK, I play for HN too.  I dont think it was anything to do with the score of the game.  Yeah it was a playoff game and everything and it didnt matter when they pulled their starters.  Its just that when you where on the bottom of a pile or the play was over they would just be cheap.  They would give you a cheap blow hear and a cheap blow there which really wasnt called for.   There a good team and have a huge line, there is no reason why they shouldnt take state.[/align]
Are these the same type of "cheap" blows as going for linemen's ankles and knees?? Cuz if they are, then HN is just as much to blame. Especially when you are going at knees that have braces?? I mean specifically going after them?? I'm not saying anyone in particular. it might not be any of the players on this board, but it did happen. So it goes both ways.
ndfbfan

Postby ndfbfan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:59 pm

By the way, I think HN should be congratulated on a fine season. I had a chance to visit with Zak Wold after the game. he's a heck of a football player and an even nicer person. HN had a great season, and played hard last Saturday. That should not be forgotten.
ndfbfan

Postby Thunder66 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:13 pm

well it was either get them in a pile at the line or get blown back by a guy who outweighs me by 120 lbs (and i'm our biggest lineman), but once i was on the ground was it really necessary to for eckroth to hold me down and galvin to kick me in the side when the play was going the other way? or for one of their linebackers to rip me down 20 yds away from the play as i was letting up? or maybe for galvin to twist my helmet while he was laying on top of me? and much of this was happening when they were up by 20+ in the third quarter

thank you ndfbfan, it was a memorable 2 seasons after being in the basement for so long
Last edited by Thunder66 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunder66

Postby boysbballfan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:14 pm

One instance I saw was Galvin stepped on a kids back. Now i'm sure that wasn't the only cheap shot of the game by either team that's just one I noticed.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Thunder66 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:17 pm

boysbballfan wrote:One instance I saw was Galvin stepped on a kids back. Now i'm sure that wasn't the only cheap shot of the game by either team that's just one I noticed.

yes that was me, it happened more than once
Thunder66

Postby Double G » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:21 pm

Thunder66 wrote:well it was either get them in a pile at the line or get blown back by a guy who outweighs me by 120 lbs (and i'm our biggest lineman), but once i was on the ground was it really necessary to for eckroth to hold me down and galvin to kick me in the side when the play was going the other way? or for one of their linebackers to rip me down 20 yds away from the play as i was letting up? or maybe for galvin to twist my helmet while he was laying on top of me? and much of this was happening when they were up by 20+ in the third quarter

thank you ndfbfan, it was a memorable 2 seasons after being in the basement for so long

But you didnt make a pile! It never does make a pile. As for them letting up? every player is taught to go to the whistle. Maybe you should figure out what that means.

That may have been a cheap blow on eckroth's and galvin's part but like ndfbfan said so is diving for knees. And eckroth has a braced knee.

As for the piles, I'm surprized in 4 years of ball you havent noticed its dirty. Not always because of cheap moves but just because there could be 1,500 pounds in one group of people.

Get over it, Your done.
Double G
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Thunder66 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:40 pm

Double G wrote:
Thunder66 wrote:well it was either get them in a pile at the line or get blown back by a guy who outweighs me by 120 lbs (and i'm our biggest lineman), but once i was on the ground was it really necessary to for eckroth to hold me down and galvin to kick me in the side when the play was going the other way? or for one of their linebackers to rip me down 20 yds away from the play as i was letting up? or maybe for galvin to twist my helmet while he was laying on top of me? and much of this was happening when they were up by 20+ in the third quarter

But you didnt make a pile! It never does make a pile. As for them letting up? every player is taught to go to the whistle. Maybe you should figure out what that means.

That may have been a cheap blow on eckroth's and galvin's part but like ndfbfan said so is diving for knees. And eckroth has a braced knee.

As for the piles, I'm surprized in 4 years of ball you havent noticed its dirty. Not always because of cheap moves but just because there could be 1,500 pounds in one group of people.

Get over it, Your done.

when did cut blocks become dirty? i've been taught cut blocking technique for 6 years, as for eckroth's braced knee, its never about getting somebody hurt, that is never ok, but we're not going to change our gameplan because he had a braced knee

i've experienced cheap stuff under the pile before but not to that extent and never in a game that was so far out of hand

"Get over it, Your done."

your right, i shouldn't dwell on 6 years of the game that i love
Thunder66

Postby Double G » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:53 pm

cut block is for offense

Ive never seen it do any good on defense. And don't say you get blown back. James Lorenz from Hazen is a stud d-linement. Never seen him been blown back because he fights. And he doesn't chop because he doesnt need to. Weighing 200 lbs he cant be much bigger than you.

Take a page from his book.
Double G
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Thunder66 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:46 pm

we were taught from the beginning that if you are getting beat as a defensive you get on the ground and try to plug the hole instead of letting the hole get bigger, i was doing what i was taught when i was continually getting beat, if that was taken as being dirty then i apologize and it was not done intentionally, i took the things i mentioned as intentional and meant to "kick us while we were down" and to shove the loss in our face, if i got the wrong impression then please let me know
Thunder66

Postby mags » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:02 pm

to speak for hazen,
   i played against them, very good team
 and i would like to know a team that is halfway decent and isnt a little nasty?
thats part of the fun of football, it is the only sport where you can really get after people from the other team. Of course when there is a pile and u are with kids u have been going after all game long, of course they arent just going to play patty-cake when they r down there.

every team i have ever played against has acted just the way you are describing

mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby 72 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:03 pm

Thunder66 wrote:
Double G wrote:

Get over it, Your done.

when did cut blocks become dirty? i've been taught cut blocking technique for 6 years, as for eckroth's braced knee, its never about getting somebody hurt, that is never ok, but we're not going to change our gameplan because he had a braced knee

i've experienced cheap stuff under the pile before but not to that extent and never in a game that was so far out of hand

"Get over it, Your done."

your right, i shouldn't dwell on 6 years of the game that i love

thats right, every offensive and defensive linemen knows.. in a pile anything goes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby crazy » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:05 pm

I talked to some of the Trinity players after tonights game and they also told me that Hazen had some dirty players. For example on of Hazen's linemen was kicked out of the game tonight for kicking one of the Trinity players. They also told me thing such as people reaching in side their face masks and trying to poke them in the face of the bottom of piles.
crazy
NDPreps Starter

Postby showtime » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:09 pm

I think you forgot to mention that Galvin's ankle was also being twisted when he kicked the kid.  It doesn't excuse Galvin kicking him but sometimes emotions get to you in a heated game of football.  Also Sorensen's helmet didn't get ripped off on its own. At least that is what i saw while i was watching the game.
Last edited by showtime on Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
showtime
NDPreps Reserve

Postby carolina blue » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:11 pm

[font=georgia]i also talked to some of the titan football players after the game and they said that grant galvin kicked a titan lineman and was ejected from the game. and i heard that when marsh got tackled that a hazen player threw dirt in his face.[/font]
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:25 pm

The bottom line is that the Titans FINALLY put a complete game together.  The game wasn't as close as the score showed.  They won the turnover battle, came up with a couple of big plays, scored in the redzone and didn't commit many penalties.  To me, those were the big keys going into that game.  They looked like a totally different team on Saturday.  They came in even keeled, but focused.  Very encouraging for next weeks test.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby mwall30 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:29 pm

scruffy wrote:The bottom line is that the Titans FINALLY put a complete game together.  The game wasn't as close as the score showed.  They won the turnover battle, came up with a couple of big plays, scored in the redzone and didn't commit many penalties.  To me, those were the big keys going into that game.  They looked like a totally different team on Saturday.  They came in even keeled, but focused.  Very encouraging for next weeks test.

Apparently they put a complete game together in order to beat Hazen.  I wasn't at the game but they must have been very impressive.  And when did this Grant Galvin ejecting thing happen in the game?  Even though that would not have changed the outcome of the game at all
mwall30
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bfran » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:28 pm

Grant Galvin got ejected right after halfime.
bfran

Postby ndsubisonfan » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:13 pm

the game hazen played vs trinity was not bad except for one play where the player got ejected and other minor things that are shown by any other team. hazens a good team but just didnt finish the way they wanted... good season hazen.
ndsubisonfan

Next

Return to AA