Semifinals

The teams in Class AA.

Postby rep » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:13 pm

No. 3 Watford City (8-1) at No. 1 Rugby (10-0)

No. 4 Dickinson Trinity (7-2) at No. 2 Hazen (8-1)
rep

Postby rep » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:20 pm

SCC wrote:Who says the polls aren't right sometimes?  jk

ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing
rep

Postby ndfbfan » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:07 pm

This one is up for grabs that is for sure. You could throw these 4 teams in a hat and probably have just as good a chance at picking a winner. There will be a couple of great semi-final games next week.
ndfbfan

Postby Y-not Daily » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:08 am

ndfbfan wrote:This one is up for grabs that is for sure. You could throw these 4 teams in a hat and probably have just as good a chance at picking a winner. There will be a couple of great semi-final games next week.

Agree...flip a coin. Any one of those four teams is capable of winning it all... Hazen shut out Trinity earlier this season, I believe it was 14-0, and Rugby knocked Watford City out of the playoffs last season pretty handily, something like 26-3. I'm guessing it will be much closer this time.

I would like to see Hazen break the Trinity title game stranglehold, but I have no clue who is going to win either of those games.

Y-not Daily

Postby zking » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:23 pm

Don't forget one team is undefeated in the state, has a winning tradition, and home field advantage- the Rugby Panthers.  They have a stiff defense and an offense that features run and pass.  Special teams may be a weakness.

Lisbon should have beat the Wolves.  They controlled the game.  Rugby manhandled the Broncos.
zking
NDPreps Rookie

Postby rep » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:35 pm

zking wrote:Don't forget one team is undefeated in the state, has a winning tradition, and home field advantage- the Rugby Panthers.  They have a stiff defense and an offense that features run and pass.  Special teams may be a weakness.

Lisbon should have beat the Wolves.  They controlled the game.  Rugby manhandled the Broncos.

rugby's winning tradition didn't help them in the fall of 1997 when mayville came to town...
rep

Postby zking » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:58 pm

Your talkin a decade ago?
zking
NDPreps Rookie

Postby rep » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:06 pm

zking wrote:Your talkin a decade ago?

you're talking about tradition
rep

Postby ndfan » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:14 pm

Are you talking about that tradition that lost 75-7 in 2002.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby showtime » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:36 pm

All I have to say is rack 'em up Fridley.  Go Wolves!
showtime
NDPreps Reserve

Postby zking » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:39 pm

Finally,  someone recognizing Rugby.  You know where we are and who we are.  Its about time we talk about someone other than Trinity, Watford, Hazen, and Beulah.
zking
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Double G » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:16 pm

zking wrote:Finally,  someone recognizing Rugby.  You know where we are and who we are.  Its about time we talk about someone other than Trinity, Watford, Hazen, and Beulah.

Do something reconizeable. Then be noticed. And do not mention they are undefeated. Power is in the west and playoffs proved it.
Double G
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfbfan » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:27 am

Going undefeated in region play is definately recognizeable. That is something not easily attainable, no matter how strong or weak the region is. They are a good football team, no question. However, it is yet to be seen how they will do against the top teams from the west. I don't think it is a matter of people not giving them respect. I think its just a matter of who has been seen this year. Most of the people posting here are more familiar with west football, which is why all the posts and responses regarding the west. You also have to remember that besides Cavalier during their dominant run, AA football has been ruled by the west, aka Trinity.
ndfbfan

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:50 am

Rugby is good at best, dont take anything from them. But alot of the winning is what the coach has to offer. Watched the #1 team play Valley City not even close the first 1/4 and a 1/2, Valley was doing well against the top team. At half time the score was 12 to 15 or something close like that, go into the locker rooms and who knows what the Valley City coaches said but those kids came out and were flat and the rest is history. Rugby is good but Im afraid this may be Trinity's year again, if they play like I've seen them play. I just wasnt very impressed with Rugby sorry, but thats my opinion... 
ndfootballwrestling

Postby digger » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:26 pm

I've gone along all year with the theory that the power in AA was in the West,  however I'm not sure there is as big a disparity as what most of us thought throughout the year.  West & East each have three teams at the bottom, (Central Cass, Valley City, Carrington/East; Newtown, Turtle Mountain, Bottineau/West), each team has one in the middle ( Grafton/East; Ryan/West), then the top four teams in each division.  The playoffs so far have been about as should be expected from the seeding.  Decisive wins for each #1 seed, good games between the 2 & 3 seeds, (these two games surprised me a bit).  I'm not sure that Rugby hasn't faced just as tough competition as the "power" teams in the West.  Should be some good games this weekend. 
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby zking » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:53 am

Well put.  I agree 100%.  This week's games should be outstanding.  As in all playoff games, turnovers will be key.  It is to bad that the field conditions may effect the quality of play.  Rugby and Watford have good team speed and the field conditions will definitely make things interesting. 
Last edited by zking on Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
zking
NDPreps Rookie

Return to AA