Best RB and Running game in the state

The teams in Class AA.

Postby showtime » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:31 pm

Which player is the best RB in the state and which team has the best running attack  in the state.
showtime
NDPreps Reserve

Postby boysbballfan » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:38 pm

Tyler Zacher from Beulah is having a pretty good. He has 3 games of 150 or more yards.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballcrasher » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:43 pm

boysbballfan wrote:Tyler Zacher from Beulah is having a pretty good. He has 3 games of 150 or more yards.

Against who? New Town, Belcourt, and Bottineau??? I'll give you that he's a a decent back, but I'm not giving him pretty good until he rips it up in the playoffs.

Mediocrity always discriminates excellance.
bballcrasher
NDPreps Starter

Postby Claz B Fan » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:13 pm

Luke Hvidston of Oak Grove
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfbfan » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:20 pm

bballcrasher wrote:
boysbballfan wrote:Tyler Zacher from Beulah is having a pretty good. He has 3 games of 150 or more yards.

Against who? New Town, Belcourt, and Bottineau??? I'll give you that he's a a decent back, but I'm not giving him pretty good until he rips it up in the playoffs.

Great point. However, he is a good football player. I personally think he's a much better defensive player. He can cover some ground fast and can deliver one heck of a hit. I also think if he had a better line in front of him, he'd be even better. One of the best backs I've seen this year is Brian Marsh. Dan Carr is good, but I think Marsh is the better of the two. It'll be interesting to see if Oak Grove can match up with those two studs.
ndfbfan

Postby Mr. Me Too » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:22 pm

bballcrasher wrote:

These three teams have the worst defense in the West. . .but he's a heck of a RB he should do good in the Play-Offs
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfbfan » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:24 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:
bballcrasher wrote:

These three teams have the worst defense in the West. . .but he's a heck of a RB he should do good in the Play-Offs

Actually he might struggle quite a bit in the playoffs. His bruising fullback Channing Hatzenbuhler is out with an injury. That willl have a  major effect on Beulah's chances at beating Rugby
ndfbfan

Postby crazy » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:38 am

Yes he may have had 3 over 150. But did he break 80 yards in any of his last 3 games even? I agree with ndfbfan he is a better defensive player, and with Channing Hatzenbuhler hurt its going to be even harder for him to get those yards.
crazy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr.Brightside » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:37 pm

As far as best ground attack team wise I would say Hazen, the team has a great line with a couple different backs. Watford City has a good back combo of size and speed. Beulah's back is good but that Hatzenbuhler made some big holes and I agree it will be different come playoffs. I have only heard of that Hvidsten kid out of Oak Grove but its only good stuff soo I'm assuming hed be on the list. Trinity nothing special, sounds like the east teams spread the ball out a lot more and the West seems like a smashmouth type region. 
Mr.Brightside
NDPreps Rookie

Postby crazy » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:07 pm

Mr.Brightside wrote:As far as best ground attack team wise I would say Hazen, the team has a great line with a couple different backs. Watford City has a good back combo of size and speed. Beulah's back is good but that Hatzenbuhler made some big holes and I agree it will be different come playoffs. I have only heard of that Hvidsten kid out of Oak Grove but its only good stuff soo I'm assuming hed be on the list. Trinity nothing special, sounds like the east teams spread the ball out a lot more and the West seems like a smashmouth type region. 

From watching both Watford City play and also watching Trinity play you can not tell me that Watfords backs are good and Trinity's are not. In my opinion Trinity's backs are just as good if not better then Watfords.
crazy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr.Brightside » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:22 am

I am not saying the Trinity backs are no good, that Marsh kid is faster than most give him credit for and can shed a tackle or two, but I was looking at it from a running attack standpoint, Trinity runs the option (well there you go) good trap team too. I was jsut saying from the Trinity team I have seen great blocks make big runs instead of great moves making big runs.
Mr.Brightside
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndfootballwrestling » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:02 am

For the best RB I would definitely have to say the Oak Grove team has a couple>one name fits both Hvidston these are some powerhouse boys .
ndfootballwrestling

Postby ndfbfan » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:57 pm

ndfbfan wrote:Actually he might struggle quite a bit in the playoffs. His bruising fullback Channing Hatzenbuhler is out with an injury. That willl have a  major effect on Beulah's chances at beating Rugby

I stand corrected. Word out of Beulah is that Channing will be ready to go against Rugby. Not sure how physically ready he'll be, but apparently his MRI came back negative and he'll be suited up. this would be a major lift for Beulah if he is able to play at 100%
ndfbfan

Postby ndfbfan » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:59 pm

Anyone seen Zack Wold from Hatton-Northwood?? Kid is a tough runner and has some great moves. Figured I'd mention his name in the mix. He sure looks like he should be up there with all the rest.
ndfbfan

Return to AA