Playoff Picture

The teams in Class AA.

Postby crazy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:17 pm

How many east teams are going to come out of this weekend with a win?
crazy
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:01 am

One, Maybe 2 if Oak Grove can find a way to beat trinity.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby digger » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:13 am

crazy wrote:How many east teams are going to come out of this weekend with a win?

I agree with ndfan.  Rugby should win, Oak Grove-PC v. Trinity should be a good game.  The other two games look like wins for Watford and Hazen,  It's high school sports though, "That's why they play the games."
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballcrasher » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:50 am

I'm with you all one this one. But, say you are Oak Grove....how do you beat Trinity, what are the keys to the game? Any thoughts??
Mediocrity always discriminates excellance.
bballcrasher
NDPreps Starter

Postby Claz B Fan » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:43 pm

How do you beat trinity anyone have anything from out west to answer the question
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:35 pm

I don't know what they have talent wise or what their strengths and weaknesses are. I saw Cavalier beat them three times and one thing is you better be up for a dog fight. You can't mentally or physically make any mistakes cause they will make you pay. Couple years ago when they came up to Cavalier they brought a real nice crowd and do a good job supporting that football team so crowd wise it can feel like its a home game for them so be ready for that no matter the distance of travel. But if ya wanna beat a trinity team you need to play physical, your play makers need to make plays offensively and defensively, and the biggest one is mistakes, Don't make any or you could be in for a long day. I expect Trinity to bring everything they got, and leave it all on the field will Oak Grove do the same? Hopefully will be great game.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfbfan » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:22 pm

Trinity is strong all around. I think its safe to say that they don't have a superstar. They have very good players all around. Definite strenghts are Carr and Marsh running the ball. With Rising back, its hard to say how effective he will be receiving. He may have a major impact depending on how he is physically. Luke Mellmer being out is probably a bigger loss. That kid is a stopper on defense. They play their assignments well and are not caught out of position very often. If they have a weakness, it is probably their discipline. They have been an uncharacteristically undesciplined all year, however that may change now that it is playoff time. They are not easily fooled with misdirection, which is what Oak Grove does best. It should be a very interesting game on Saturday.  They are not as strong as Trinity teams in the past, but they are still a very dangerous team.
ndfbfan

Postby digger » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:23 am

Oak Grove's game is based on speed.  Offensively, their backs aren't big, but they are fast, quick, strong.  Luke Hvidsten is special.  He can pound it, but his ability to make alot out of a little sets him apart.  The younger Hvidsten is bigger, runs hard, goes down hard.   Good line, not much of a passing game.  Defensively, their ends, backers, & D-backs can all really run.  4,5 + guys on most every tackle.  Interior line play is good, Freije is a force at tackle.   Very good special teams; returns, coverage.  Very good punter, outstanding kicker.  They are consistent and disciplined, don't take many penalties.   Trinity comes in with a great history of success; they expect to win.  Oak Grove-PC is building that type of program, they expect to be in the hunt every year.  Don't know if they are quite there yet.  Should be a good game. 
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballcrasher » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:39 pm

Just heard...Trinity over Oak Grove 14-3.
bballcrasher
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:38 pm

Trinity winning sets up a semi-final rematch with Hazen. The first time these two teams played, they had one heck of a ballgame in front of 3,000 people. this one will more than likely prove to be just as good. Good teams playing twice in one year, the advantage probably goes to the team that lost the first time around. Trinity will be ready to go. Hazen will have to bring their A game if they expect to make it to Grand Forks.
ndfbfan

Postby zking » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:09 pm

Has anyone heard of the undefeated Rugby Panthers?
zking
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bballcrasher » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:05 pm

zking wrote:Has anyone heard of the undefeated Rugby Panthers?

Who?

Oh Wait, aren't they the team that has to beat Watford if they want a chance to play against either Trinity or Hazen??
bballcrasher
NDPreps Starter

Postby 72 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:19 am

yeah zking over here... the rugby principal i belive??
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Double G » Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:06 pm

72 wrote:yeah zking over here... the rugby principal i belive??

yea i saw that in his profile too. Kinda unprofessional if it really is.
Double G
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to AA