Trinity 22 - Ryan 12

The teams in Class AA.

Postby Notorious » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:00 am

Saw the score and highlights, but how about some insight from players or fans?
Notorious
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:47 am

It was scoreless at half.  In third quarter Ryan put together about a 13 to 14 minute drive.  They took the second half kickoff and slowly went down the field.  They ate up the whole quarter and scored early in the fourth to take a lead.  Trinity answered within two minutes with a long run.  Ryan again ate up the clock and took the lead with a little over four minutes to go but Trinity answered with a two minute drive of their own, then picked off a pass for their third touchdown.  I don't think Trinity had the ball more then four or five minutes in the entire second half but managed to come up with one or two more big plays then the Lions did.  Ryan is a pretty darn good football team that will miss the playoffs.  The "AA" West is stronger then most people realize. I have never seen a game where one team ate up the entire quarter on one drive.  It was one heck of a drive for Ryan.
Last edited by scruffy on Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mr.Brightside » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:15 am

Good game, rusty first half on both sides ryan ran it out on the ground, trinity struck quick, came down to the last couple minutes/turnover and Trinity is in the playoffs. The West came out like most had expected, but I think it was made more interesting by the Ryan team
Last edited by Mr.Brightside on Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Brightside
NDPreps Rookie

Return to AA